PEx Highlights

Follow @pinoyexchange on Twitter!

Catch our latest updates on Twitter! Follow us, @pinoyexchange

read more

UAAP Basketball Power Rankings: Week 7

With wins over UST and DLSU, the past week in UAAP can be summed up in three letters: FEU. Check out this week's power rankings here!

read more

MOVIE REVIEW: The Giver

Very promising, but tries too hard to fit in the mold of the Hunger Games/Divergent series.

read more

FIBA FEATURE: Do We Stand a Chance?

Do we really have a shot to make it through? JPM weighs in on the the odds of Gilas Pilipinas in the FIBA World Cup.

read more

PHOTOS: Daquis Bags V-League MVP Plum

Wonder who won the other awards? Check out the Shakey's V-League Awarding gallery here!

read more

PHOTOS: FEU Tamaraws Claim Top Seed

Mike Tolomia's late-game heroics helped FEU get sole possession of the number 1 seed, after a 74-70 victory over La Salle.

read more

Banned by Admin

[LOCAL RACE] For Laguna Governor: E.R. Ejercito vs Egay San Luis

sino kina incumbent Laguna Governor E.R. Ejercito at Congressman Egay San Luis ang mas deserving na maging Gobernador ng Laguna?

Gov egay San Luis for better laguna..

In 2010, ER won with 35% of the vote in a 4-cornered (minus the 2 scrubs) fight.

Would want to see where the votes of the other 3 candidates will go to. The Lazaros seem to be ER's allies now, so if ER gets much of Lazaro's votes in 2010, he's safe.

In national politics, Laguna has the largest voting population in CALABARZON, but it only has 4 districts. Cavite, the smallest, already has 7. Napagiwanan ang rest of CALABARZON sa redistricting. If they wanted more national clout (AND MORE MOOLAH) dapat gawan nila ito ng paraan for 2016.

Banned by Admin
    ^ yung pagkakaroon ng mas maraming districts ng Cavite was a result of gerrymandering. Bacoor got its own district because the Revillas wanted Lani Mercado-Revilla to win a seat in Congress since having Bacoor in the old district where it belonged would make Lani lose big time to then Congressman Abaya. Dasmarinas was able to become its own district because the Barzagas want to keep control of the place.

in Laguna, San Pedro, Binan, Santa Rosa, Cabuyao and Calamba are all qualified to form their own legislative districts but it seems like the provincial government wants to keep them connected with the province since much of Laguna's income comes from these places. without them, Laguna wouldn't be among the richest provinces in this country.

Every redistricting, and opposition to it, by politicians is gerrymandering per se.

Also, AFAIK, hangga't hindi highly urbanized city yung city, may share pa din ang probinsya sa kita. I dunno how the cities in Cavite and Laguna are categorized. Yung nasa NW part ng Laguna (lol the one that borders Cavite) pwede nang magkaroon ng sari-sariling distrito yung mga yun isa-isa, as what you've said.

I dunno if ER Ejercito has further political ambitions, but it would be beneficial for him if Laguna won't be redistricted as long as he's in office. magkaka-watak-watak ang support bases niya, or more correctly, his political opponents can screw up his local networks. In 2010, Laguna has the most number of voters in Luzon (more than Pangasinan, dunno why the media overlooked this), and if ER can tap this support, he can rely this stronghold for further political ambitions.

yung mga local officials ngayon nahihirapan nang tumakbo for higher office unless they're given a prime cabinet job (Mar Roxas in DTI, for example), or is already a member of nationally-recognized family.

If ER gets the INC support this may(which he did not get the last time) then the race would be not even close..

re: Cavite's redistricting? sobrang gerrymandering nga. Kung titingnan niyo differences ng population per district, Dasmariñas, Bacoor and the whole sixth district deserves an additional district. I mean bawat isa sa kanila pwede pang idivide sa dalawa. hay.

ang alam ko lahat ng cities ng Cavite at Laguna ay di pa naman autonomous sa province. may part pa rin ang probinsya sa kita nila. pero kung magkakaroon na sila ng sariling congressmen (esp san pedro, sta rosa, cabuyao, biñan at calamba) pwedeng-pwede silang maging autonomous at di na magbigay ng kita sa provincial gov't

On topic:
    ER Ejercito's ads for Laguna piss me off.

Banned by Admin
    ^ and i couldn't believe what ER just said to justify his being late during one of his TV interviews. he said something like this:

"Hindi lang po ako basta basta gobernador. Artista din po ako. Ako po si Asiong Salonga. Ako po si El Presidente."

9. Advertisement

^ Classic.

Banned by Admin
    ^ tindi nga ni ER eh. compared to his fellow showbiz politician, Batangas Governor Vilma Santos, he is very active in doing films that he take his craft more than his job as Governor of Laguna. parang si Indio Senator Bong Revilla at Champ Senator Lito Lapid lang si ER na mas focused sa showbiz kaysa sa trabaho bilang pulitiko.

well anyway, ang first (San Pedro, Binan and Santa Rosa) and second (Cabuyao, Calamba, Los Banos and Bay) districts ng Laguna ang "bumubuhay" sa probinsya kaya the provincial government cannot afford to let these places invoke independence from rule from the provincial capitol in Santa Cruz. the third (Alaminos, Calauan, San Pablo, Victoria, Rizal, Nagcarlan and Liliw) and the fourth (Pila, Santa Cruz, Magdalena, Majayjay, Cavinti, Luisiana, Lumban, Kalayaan, Paete, Pangil, Pakil, Siniloan, Famy, Santa Maria and Mabitac) are "too poor" to sustain the province, no thanks to them lagging behind the first and second districts, both of which are virtual suburbs of Metro Manila, when it comes to development (unfortunately, it is also the third and fourth districts of Laguna host most of the corrupt politicos in the province). i doubt that Laguna will retain its status as one of the richest provinces in the Philippines with only San Pablo and Santa Cruz being its main sources of income as San Pedro, Binan, Santa Rosa, Cabuyao and Calamba "declare independence" from the provincial government.

Banned by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by jsonmiles View Post
    If ER gets the INC support this may(which he did not get the last time) then the race would be not even close..
    the INC sided with the Lazaros that time, right?

Quote Originally Posted by _Bahay_Kubo_ View Post
    the INC sided with the Lazaros that time, right?
    Oo yet ER defeated not only Lazaro but also Lina so I really doubt a debt ridden San Luis would sneak a win over him and Lazaros isn't a sure win either in 2nd district with the Chipecos as opponent..

Dan Fernandez and Lazaros might help ER in preventing redistricting in Laguna

Banned by Admin
    'El Presidente' ni Gov. E.R. Ejercito, nagwagi sa New York filmfest
    April 13, 2013 3:45pm

Itinanghal na Best World Feature Film sa Soho International Film Festival sa New York ang pelikulang “El Presidente: The General Emilio Aguinaldo Story,” na pinagbidahan ni Laguna Governor E.R. Ejercito.

Sa ulat ng PEP Scoop ng Philippine Entertainment Portal nitong Sabado, sinabing nahigitan ng "El Presidente" ang 17 iba pang pelikula na kalahok mula sa iba't ibang bansa para sa naturang film festival.

Kabilang umano sa mga bansang sumali sa naturang kompetisyon ay ang U.S., Canada, South Korea, India, Germany, Russia, at iba pa.

Ang impormasyon tungkol sa pagkapanalo ng "El Presidente" ay ibinibalita umano ng talent manager Arnold Vegafria na dumalo sa awarding ng naturang kompetisyon sa US.

Basahin: Award-winning Pinoy film ‘El Presidente’ to open New York filmfest April 5

Hindi naman nakarating doon si Gov. Ejercito dahil sa pagiging abala nito sa kampanya para sa kanyang muling pagkandidatong gobernador ng lalawigan.

Ang "El Presidente" na naging kalahok din sa nakaraang 2012 Metro Manila Film Festival, ay tumalakay sa buhay ng kauna-unahang pangulo ng Pilipinas na si Gen. Aguinaldo.

Kasama ni Ejercito sa pelikula si Nora Aunor at Cesar Montano na itinanghal na Best Supporting Actor sa MMFF.

Nakamit naman ng "El Presidente" ang parangal na 2nd Best Picture sa MMFF sa ilalim ng direksiyon ni Mark Meily. - FRJimenez, GMA News

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story...-york-filmfest

Banned by Admin
    E.R. Ejercito has narrowly defeated Egay San Luis in the gubernatorial race in Laguna.

results of other races in Laguna:

1. Angelica Jones was re-elected as provincial board member in the 3rd district of Laguna.
    2. ABS-CBN reporter Sol Aragones defeated incumbent 3rd district Rep. Ivy Arago in the congressional race.
    3. Rep. Dan Fernandez easily won re-election in the 1st district.
    4. SHOWBIZ IS KING IN LAGUNA