PEx Highlights

REVIEW: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1

It feels forced and stretched. But hey, it's still Mockingjay. Check out our full review here!

read more

PHOTOS: Defending Champs Ateneo KOs NU

The Ateneo Lady Eagles successfully opened their campaign with a three-set victory over the NU Lady Bulldogs, 25-21, 25-18, 25-15.

read more

FEATURE: BasketBros: PBA's Best Buddies

We take a look at twelve couples who have formed relationships like real life brothers. Meet our BasketBros!

read more

PHOTOS: UST Sweeps UE in Season Opener

The UST Tigresses had no problems to start off their season as they swept the UE Lady Warriors in 3 sets, 25-11, 25-12, 25-14.

read more

10 Things to Watch Out for in UAAP Volleyball

We list down 10 things to look forward to this season from the Miefer Fever to EJ Laure and Jaja Santiago's crucial role for their respective teams!

read more

The Best of 2014: PExers Choice Awards

Come one, come all! Voting for The Best of 2014: PExers Choice Awards has officially begun. Click here to cast a vote!

read more

Page 126 of 250 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 125 126 127 136 176 226 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,520 of 4992
    Quote Originally Posted by marrxxx View Post
    Carmel June Saga posted in twitter back in May "salamat lord binalik mo si glenda".
    is she back in la salle?

‏@LovingAra_G @VolleybuzzPH Ay, I have a question po. Is Jaja gonna play for NU this season or she decided to accepted the NCAA US offer na?

‏@VolleybuzzPH @LovingAra_G no definite info about that yet, we'll buzz once we know!

I was reading through Aby's convo with Carlos Laurel on twitter and Aby told him they have an upcoming league this July. Anong league yun? Does anyone know?

is it just me? bakit feeling ko di dahil sa lineup o starting 6 position ang dahilan ni glenda? feeling ko lang naman...

Quote Originally Posted by mafiosa View Post
    Did she? Oh well. Naka-pm ng friend ko yang Jaja. Sabi niya ang options niya lang eh NU or UCLA. That was after she took the DLSUCET.

Kung totoo may option na UCLA with scholarship, then she should seriously consider it. The tuition and dorm can add up to at least $50,000 a year -- for a total of $200,000 over 4 years. That's a lot of money she is giving up -- plus the opportunity to continue career and live in US.

But of course if she stays with NU -- she is guaranteed lifetime employment with SM.

Michele Gumabao • Belle of the ball By Pinky s. Icamen (The Philippine Star)

http://www.philstar.com/allure/2013/...bao-belle-ball

MANILA, Philippines - Whenever Michele Gumabao steps into the volleyball court for the De La Salle Lady Spikers, she comes in with focus and dedication. Her intimidating stance coupled with her 5’9” form speaks of a grueling and nerve-wracking match for her team’s opponent. Her spikes are almost unstoppable. It is more than the excitement and enthusiasm that keeps Michele in the right zone amidst the crowd’s deafening cheers. It’s her passion to always be her best in everything she does. She may be tough enough to lead her team to victory, but she can also be as sweet as candy.

“Volleyball taught me to be patient. It taught me to work hard for what I want and I learned to listen to other people,” says Michele, who was named the UAAP Season 75 Finals MVP for Women’s Volleyball.

Despite the demands of volleyball training, this 21-year-old volleybelle managed to get good grades. She will graduate in October with a degree in Marketing Management. “I value my academics a lot. I set my goals for the future and not only based on my hobbies now. As much as possible, I separate my volleyball and academic life so I can focus on each, 100 percent.”

Michele, fifth of seven children of actor-turned-pastor Dennis Roldan and Loli Imperial-Gumabao, gains her strength from her family. “My family makes me happy. I had a childhood that’s full of love, great experiences and joy. My parents brought us up in a very lenient way. They taught us how to make decisions on our own and be independent,” she shares. As many opportunities are now knocking on Michele’s door, her family is there to support her. “They are there for me every step of the way and they are always supportive of all my dreams,” she says.

Michele is certain that the great amount of self-discipline she gained from playing volleyball has equipped her to survive what’s ahead of her, on and off court. With endorsements, guestings and a TV hosting stint, she values what she has learned from her sport. “Getting into sports prepares you in life because self-discipline and hard work are traits needed for you to achieve your goals. Now, I just take on all the opportunities that come my way, with proper advice and guidance. I enjoy being busy and doing what I’m doing now.”

“Be bold, learn to take risks and accept change because change can also be good,” Michele says.

With plans to move on from the familiar, Michele will still hear cheers, but from a different crowd, in a different arena where a new career for her awaits. She may not be the Lady Spiker with the jersey No. 7 anymore, but the Lady Spiker will conquer what’s ahead — with her feet firmly planted on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenArcher75 View Post
    Kung totoo may option na UCLA with scholarship, then she should seriously consider it. The tuition and dorm can add up to at least $50,000 a year -- for a total of $200,000 over 4 years. That's a lot of money she is giving up -- plus the opportunity to continue career and live in US.

But of course if she stays with NU -- she is guaranteed lifetime employment with SM.

Nasa kanya na yan. Money aside, malaking opportunity naman talaga ang maglaro for UCLA. That is kung volleyball program ang pag-uusapan. Kung hindi man siya matuloy dun, I sincerely hope that NU can bring out the best in her.

Quote Originally Posted by LOLOLOLOL View Post
    is she back in la salle?
    I do not think she will. Saw in a twit that her elder sister confirmed that she is now with NU. Good luck to her.

Elvie Moreno anu po ba position ni Agang??
    Like · Reply · Yesterday at 11:10am via mobile

Ofelia Agang Open hitter yan c agang dito sa davao city... tpoz sa lasalle gawin syang libero...... kaya umalis *** ng lasalle..yan ang reason... hindi *** binayaran ng NU.
    Like · 11 hours ago
    Rosito Agang kung magsalita kayo parang alam nyo ang dahilan sa paglipat to nya na makalaro ng mabuti sa dating laru nya, di yong gawing libero lang sa la sale...open hitter yan si GG. di nga kawalan sa la salle, dagdag naman sya sa NU...relax lang kayo, tingnan na lang natin sa UAAP...
    Like · 2 · 18 hours ago

so ayaw pala niya maging libero.

can somebody interpret this?

Ofelia Agang oo gie nagbalhin na *** sa NU karon, kay daghan kaayo *** rokies tpoz himoon man cyang libero,,,, dili baya na *** libero diri sa davao open hitter o spiker gud na *** gie mao na nihawa c gg,, gikuha man pod *** sa NU so ddidto nalang *** kay gamay rta *** rokies didto 4 lang *** kabuok.... maski asa *** gie suportahan lang namo ***..... kaya ni gg gie hehehe..

Quote Originally Posted by stanman View Post

Ofelia Agang Open hitter yan c agang dito sa davao city... tpoz sa lasalle gawin syang libero...... kaya umalis *** ng lasalle..yan ang reason... hindi *** binayaran ng NU.
    Like · 11 hours ago
    Rosito Agang kung magsalita kayo parang alam nyo ang dahilan sa paglipat to nya na makalaro ng mabuti sa dating laru nya, di yong gawing libero lang sa la sale...open hitter yan si GG. di nga kawalan sa la salle, dagdag naman sya sa NU...relax lang kayo, tingnan na lang natin sa UAAP...
    Like · 2 · 18 hours ago

Ofelia Agang oo gie nagbalhin na *** sa NU karon, kay daghan kaayo *** rokies tpoz himoon man cyang libero,,,, dili baya na *** libero diri sa davao open hitter o spiker gud na *** gie mao na nihawa c gg,, gikuha man pod *** sa NU so ddidto nalang *** kay gamay rta *** rokies didto 4 lang *** kabuok.... maski asa *** gie suportahan lang namo ***..... kaya ni gg gie hehehe..
    I am not a volleyball expert, but I think it has to do with her height that made Coach Ramil decide to make her a libero.

^^Masakit nga sa ego nya yan. Tama lang na lumipat sya sa NU, kelangan nila ng libero....at least kasama sya sa team A

Quote Originally Posted by pinkrabbit View Post
    ^^Masakit nga sa ego nya yan. Tama lang na lumipat sya sa NU, kelangan nila ng libero....at least kasama sya sa team A
    Pagkakaalam ko ayaw nyang mag libero kaya lumipat sya sa NU.

Banned by Admin

sinabi ni Ms. Ofelia na mag-NU na lang daw si Glenda Gregg kasi gagawin lang daw siyang libero sa DLSU pero ang position daw niya noong high school ay open hitter or spiker kaya mas maganda na mag-NU na lang daw siya. sa NU daw, four lang ang rookies pero sa DLSU sobrang dami. kaya naman daw ni Glenda Gregg kaya suportahan daw nila yung bata.

mukhang ayaw ngang mag-libero nung bata kasi nga open hitter or spiker siya noong high school at regional MVP pa ng Davao region. ang problema maliit siya compared sa iba pang mga ni-recruit ng DLSU tapos matindi pa ang competition for Team A spots, as she has to compete with the likes of Cheng and Dy. seems to me that may pride din yung bata kaya nagdesisyon na lang siya, with her family's support, na mag-NU na lang instead of competing for a slot in DLSU.

Quote Originally Posted by terio View Post
    Pagkakaalam ko ayaw nyang mag libero kaya lumipat sya sa NU.
    Sa dami ng matatangkad sa NU sa tingin ko libero pa rin ang position nya.

^Tama.
    Mas mahigpit pa nga yata ang height requirement sa NU eh. Oh well hindi na problem ng dlsu yan

Mas mahirap nga naman makakuha ng slot kahit sa libero position sa ls (yap, cruz, saga, sison, dawn..)

Like · 11 hours ago
    Like · 2 · 18 hours ago

kaano-ano sila ni glenda agang? may nasabi ba kung bakit sa NU niya napiling lumipat?? tnx

Quote Originally Posted by exeggcute1 View Post
    kaano-ano sila ni glenda agang? may nasabi ba kung bakit sa NU niya napiling lumipat?? tnx
    kasi sa NU bukod sa naglalaro kana sumusweldo kpa ng bongga HAHAHAHAHAHA JOKE hayaan na kung saan siya masaya ade Go

Quote Originally Posted by keira_cruz View Post
    ^Tama.
    Mas mahigpit pa nga yata ang height requirement sa NU eh. Oh well hindi na problem ng dlsu yan

Mas mahirap nga naman makakuha ng slot kahit sa libero position sa ls (yap, cruz, saga, sison, dawn..)
    napansin ko ang gaganda ng mga libero...

sino kaya sa kanila ang mala-gohing?

Page 126 of 250 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 125 126 127 136 176 226 ... LastLast