PEx Highlights

Show Me Your Nahulog na Teeths!

Chelsey takes over hosting duties for this week's episode! She and her guest talk about the big fall from the recently held Cosmo Bachelor Bash.

read more

PHOTOS: La Salle Extends Series vs FEU

Jeron Teng and the DLSU Green Archers had no problems defeating the FEU Tamaraws on Saturday, 94-73.

read more

An FEU-NU Matchup in the UAAP Finals?

Well, you guys were calling for an FEU-NU matchup and we wrote about it! Check out our article about a potential Tamaraws-Bulldogs matchup in the UAAP Finals.

read more

REVIEW: Annabelle

Annabelle is a fun, scary screamfest for the barkada.

read more

PROMO: Gone Girl

Join the promo and get a chance to win advance screening tickets to Gone Girl!

read more

RPG: 2014 PEx School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

It's back! Enroll now in the 2014 PinoyExchange School of Witchcraft and Wizardry!

read more

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs 2 (2013)

I like the first movie so hopefully this one won't disappoint.

Looking forward to this! I loved the first movie, and I didn't expect it.
    Hope this is as good, if not better.

The first one was so fun!

oh my.. bumenta sa akin yung "There's a leek in the boat!" LOL!!

Grabe ang colorful ng trailer!

the first one was a pleasant surprise. we had so much fun watching it in 3D.

will try not to expect too much but looking forward to be just as enjoyable.

posted na pala release date nito

Showing on October 30th here and Sept 27 in the US
    http://www.cloudy-movie.com/releasedates/

"Its enough to make a grown man cry... but NOT THIS MAN.. get back in there tear!"

The first one's surprisingly great. Hope this one delivers.

i love the first one and this second one is shaping up to be really good too.

the thing about this particular movie.... you cant help getting hungry

Trailer 2 of "CLOUDY" Sequel Comes Alive

TRAILER 2 OF “CLOUDY” SEQUEL COMES ALIVE
    via press release

Sony Pictures Animation has shared the second trailer for the 3D adventure comedy “Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2,” the much anticipated sequel to the 2009 animated hit “Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.”

You may view the trailer below:

The comedy sequel picks up where the original left off. Inventor Flint Lockwood's genius is finally being recognized as he's invited by his idol Chester V to join The Live Corp Company, where the best and brightest inventors in the world create technologies for the betterment of mankind. Chester's right-hand-gal -- and one of his greatest inventions -- is Barb, a highly evolved orangutan with a human brain, who is also devious, manipulative and likes to wear lipstick.

It's always been Flint's dream to be recognized as a great inventor, but everything changes when he discovers that his most infamous machine -- which turns water into food -- is still operating and is now creating mutant food beasts. With the fate of humanity in his hands, Flint and his friends must embark on a dangerously delicious mission, battling hungry tacodiles, shrimpanzees, apple pie-thons, double bacon cheespiders and other food creatures to save the world – again!

Opening across the Philippines in Oct. 9, 2013, “Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2” will be distributed by Columbia Pictures, local office of Sony Pictures Releasing International. Visit http://www.columbiapictures.com.ph for trailers, exclusive content and free downloads. Like us at www.Facebook.com/ColumbiaPicturesPH and join our fan contests.

"CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS 2" Gets 'New' Music from Paul McCartney

“CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS 2” GETS “NEW” MUSIC FROM PAUL McCARTNEY
    via press release

CULVER CITY, Calif., September 10, 2013 – As inventor Flint Lockwood returns to the island of Swallow Falls to save the world – again! – he’ll be doing it to the brand “new” beat from Paul McCartney as his single, “New,” will be featured in the film.

“New,” which is produced by Mark Ronson and now available for sale as a digital download, is the title track from McCartney’s forthcoming “New” album, set for release on October 14th in the UK and October 15th in the US.

Lia Vollack, president of Worldwide Music for Sony Pictures, said, “We’re thrilled and honored to have Paul’s infectious and inspiring song in the film. The sequence in the film is about Flint Lockwood optimistically beginning what he thinks will be a new and exciting chapter in his life, so as soon as we heard ‘New’ we thought that everything about it was perfect.”

“Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2” picks up where Sony Pictures Animation’s mouth-watering comedy left off. Inventor Flint Lockwood thought he saved the world when he destroyed his most infamous invention -- a machine that turned water into food causing cheeseburger rain and spaghetti tornadoes. But Flint soon learns that his invention survived and is now creating food-animals – "foodimals!" Flint and his friends embark on a dangerously delicious mission to battle hungry tacodiles, shrimpanzees, hippotatomuses, cheespiders and other foodimals to save the world – again!

Directed by Cody Cameron and Kris Pearn. Screenplay by Erica Rivinoja and John Francis Daley & Jonathan Goldstein. Story by Phil Lord & Christopher Miller and Erica Rivinoja. Inspired by the book Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs written by Judi Barrett and illustrated by Ron Barrett. Produced by Pam Marsden and Kirk Bodyfelt.

Opening across the Philippines in Oct. 9, 2013, “Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2” is distributed by Columbia Pictures, local office of Sony Pictures Releasing International. Visit http://www.columbiapictures.com.ph for trailers, exclusive content and free downloads. Like us at www.Facebook.com/ColumbiaPicturesPH and join our fan contests.

Maganda rin siguro itong 2 ...

Grabe na yung mutation ng foods.. may buhay na talaga

--

We're also excited for this one .. Pasok siya kahit anong edad ng manonood.

It's the Revenge of the Leftovers in "CLOUDY" Sequel

IT'S THE REVENGE OF THE LEFTOVERS IN “CLOUDY” SEQUEL
    via press release

The new, 3D animated comedy “Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2” picks up where Sony Pictures Animation’s mouth-watering 2009 original left off. Inventor Flint Lockwood thought he saved the world when he destroyed his most infamous invention -- a machine that turned water into food causing cheeseburger rain and spaghetti tornadoes. But Flint soon learns that his invention survived and is now creating food-animals – "foodimals!" Flint and his friends embark on a dangerously delicious mission to battle hungry tacodiles, shrimpanzees, hippotatomuses, cheespiders and other foodimals to save the world – again!

Starring the voices of Bill Hader, Anna Faris, James Caan, Will Forte, Andy Samberg, Benjamin Bratt, Neil Patrick Harris, Terry Crews, and Kristen Schaal, “Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2” is directed by Cody Cameron and Kris Pearn. Story by Phil Lord & Christopher Miller and Erica Rivinoja. Screenplay by Erica Rivinoja and John Francis Daley & Jonathan Goldstein. Inspired by the book Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs written by Judi Barrett & illustrated by Ron Barrett.

Flint Lockwood and his pals discover that something big was leftover on the island of Swallow Falls. The action picks up just sixty seconds after the first film ends: Flint Lockwood has destroyed his greatest invention, the Flint Lockwood Diatomic Super Mutating Dynamic Food Replicator, or FLDSMDFR for short. That invention was a wild success, in that it could turn water into food, and an unmitigated disaster, in that it unleashed a torrent of deadly food weather that threatened to destroy the world. Flint blew it up – or, at least, that’s what he thought.

“I love the world of Cloudy,” says Cody Cameron, who directs the film with Kris Pearn. A story board artist on the first three “Shrek” films, as well as the Sony Pictures Animation films “Surf’s Up,” the first “Cloudy,” Cameron says, “Of all the films I’ve worked on, `Cloudy' is my favorite. So to get the chance to go back and revisit the characters in this new, crazy world that we were developing made this a really exciting project for me.”

“When we started the brainstorming process, we found a very rich amount of elements to explore – not just a new adventure, but also the characters,” says Pearn, who headed up the story team on the first “Cloudy” film. “On this adventure, all of the characters get to express themselves more fully. For example, Earl, the town cop, wants to protect the home he loves so much. Manny – who was so silent through most of the first film – reveals more and more hidden sides of himself. Sam, the one person who understands Flint better than anybody else, is the one to see the island for what it is – an expression of Flint’s creativity.”

Cameron and Pearn were hand-picked to direct “Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2” by Phil Lord & Christopher Miller, the writers and directors of the first film. “I worked on the movie for 4½ years – the last 3½ with Phil and Chris,” says Pearn. “In the story department, you tend to have a small crew and you spend a lot of time with the directors. We got to know each other well and there was a lot of trust there. Cody and I were on the movie pretty much until the end, which is unusual, because it’s common as a film winds down to let board artists move on to other projects. So, once Phil and Chris decided they weren’t going to direct the sequel, it was an organic choice to allow us to take the reins – and not only that, but I think they saw how important it was to us to maintain the unique humor and quirkiness that made the first film so special as we embarked on the sequel.” Lord and Miller remain actively involved with the project as executive producers.

“On the first film, Phil and Chris were the first directors I’d ever worked with who treated the film like a writer’s room,” says Pearn. “Anybody with a thought that could help the film – even assistants and PAs – could pipe up. After all, a good idea can come from anywhere. We found that very helpful, and we’re keeping that going on this film. It’s very helpful when you can trust the crew and there’s a give-and-take in how the show is run.”

Lord and Miller say, “Kris and Cody were great collaborators on the first film and we loved working with them to bring these fun, unique characters back to life. The final result is a beautiful, stylized, funny film and we are thrilled that the Cloudy franchise has continued on in the hands of so many great people.”

Opening across the Philippines in Oct. 9, 2013, “Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2” is distributed by Columbia Pictures, local office of Sony Pictures Releasing International. Visit http://www.columbiapictures.com.ph for trailers, exclusive content and free downloads. Like us at www.Facebook.com/ColumbiaPicturesPH and join our fan contests.

Original Cast Returns in "CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS 2"

ORIGINAL CAST RETURNS IN “CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS 2”
    via press release

The original main voice cast, led by Bill Hader, Anna Faris, James Caan and Neil Patrick Harris, returns in Sony Pictures Animation's mouth-watering 3D comedy “Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2.”

Flint Lockwood, you just saved Swallow Falls from giant foodstorm oblivion! What are you going to do next? How about – save the world… again? Seems that Flint’s most famous invention (the one that turns water into food – the one that caused that trouble last time) is still active and is now spewingout living food creatures – foodimals! Soon, it’s back to the island of Swallow Falls, with all of his friends in tow. Flint still feels responsible for the havoc that’s resulted from his invention – can he and his friends stop the foodimals before they take over the world?

The role is voiced by Bill Hader. “It’s great to be back in the spray-on shoes of Flint Lockwood,” says Hader. “In fact, it seems like I never left him behind – every month or so, I get to come into the booth and do Flint’s voice for a bit. I love it.”

“Flint is that guy who has good intentions – great intentions – but everything always goes wrong,” Hader continues. “On the other hand, he’s very driven and very confident, even when everybody else thinks he’s crazy. Actually, I feel a kinship with him – we’re both nerdy, nervous, and not great with girls.”

Flint Lockwood’s edible worldwide meteorological occurrences have catapulted Sam Sparks to TV stardom as weather watchers turned to her for updates during the “greatest weather phenomenon in history.” She is finally being accepted as a serious meteorologist who remains perky in the face of danger. Once Sam declared she “likelikes” Flint and wants him to be happy, there is no keeping her from joining him on the expedition back to Swallow Falls to save civilization from the invasion of gigantic living food creatures. But why doesn’t working together have that ol’ “thunder and lightning” that it once had?

Anna Faris reprises her role of Sam. “I was so proud of the way the first film turned out,” she says. “When you’re voicing a role in an animated movie, you’re working on it for a year but you don’t really know what it’s going to be until the end. It was amazing to see it all come together, the artistry involved was incredible, and it was so much fun.”

“Sam is one of the smarter characters I’ve played,” she laughs. “She’s bright and optimistic, she’s a leader but also supportive. She’s an adventurer, and she has a lot of compassion. I think she’s just a great gal.”

Flint’s proud father, Tim, is happiest when he is on his boat, floating around in search of his water-dwelling dinner. Tim still doesn’t get all of the fancy technology stuff that is such a big part of his son’s life. And Flint doesn’t ever need to hear another fishing metaphor ever again. So when the gang heads back to Swallow Falls to help save the world, Flint encourages his 49-year-old dad to stay home. Still, Tim insists on launching his fishing boat and coming along for the journey, even though Flint would prefer his old dad stayed home.

“He’s old-fashioned, slow-thinking, and opinionated – there’s not much to life for him beyond fishing. Not the sharpest tool,” says James Caan, who voices the role again. “But he’s also a very caring and loving father, just never knew how to say that.”

Still a primate of few words, Steve the Monkey has everything any guy would wish for in a best friend—except maybe a bigger vocabulary. Steve is still both a trusted colleague and a shining example of Flint’s best attempts at inventing—after all, Flint wouldn’t even get those single words from his buddy were it not for the Monkey Thought Translator. One never knows when the monkey’s particular point of view (or his size, or his climbing, or his lab skills) will come in handy.

And once again, the award-winning actor Neil Patrick Harris provided the voice of Steve. “Normally you’re in this recording room and your inflection has to be perfect and you have to hit all of your Ts and Ps. On this, you just come in and you say ‘Hungry’ fifteen times. Or ‘Banana.’ Or ‘Steve,’” says Harris. “And then they start giving direction. ‘Yes, do it again, but a little louder.’ ‘Steve!’ ‘Now you’re scared. ‘Steve…’ ‘Yeah, but now you’re running.’ ‘Steve! Steve! Steve!’ The first time around, I kept thinking I was getting punked, but it turns out that I was actually in the movie.”

Opening across the Philippines in Oct. 9, 2013, “Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2” is distributed by Columbia Pictures, local office of Sony Pictures Releasing International.

Visit http://www.columbiapictures.com.ph for trailers, exclusive content and free downloads. Like us at www.Facebook.com/ColumbiaPicturesPH and join our fan contests.

wow.. ang cute nung strawberry..

mosquitoasts
    shrimpanzee

Meet the Foodimals in "CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS 2"

MEET THE FOODIMALS IN “CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS 2”
    via press release

In Sony Pictures Animation’s new, 3D animated comedy “Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2,” young inventor Flint Lockwood and his pals discover that the food machine is still active and is now churning out food-animal hybrids… foodimals!

“If you can find a good mix of an animal and a food that not only gives you a great design but also a cringe-worthy pun, that’s what we wanted,” says co-director Cody Cameron.

“One of the first missions we gave to Craig Kellman, our lead character designer, was go forth with those directives and show us what you got – in a weekend, he came up with a library of ridiculousness, a lot of which is still in the film: a taco plus a crocodile equals a tacodile, a watermelon plus an elephant is a watermelophant. We had to make sure we covered all of the food groups – the fruits, the vegetables, the meats – and we had certain action pieces in the film… the tacodile is one of the larger threats in the movie, and the cheespider – half cheeseburger, half spider – became the main large threat of the island, the one where you realize that something is wrong on the island. As the story developed, we came up with more and more. They’re going down the river, we found river creatures like the hippotatomus and the flamangos and the lemmins and the wild scallions.”

Cameron says, “The development of sentient food started with a conversation that [co-director] Kris Pearn and I had about what type of food we wanted in the film. After talking about pickles and strawberries, I spent a Sunday sculpting some produce and posing them in scenes in my back yard. I wanted to show what real fruits and vegetables would look like photographed in a natural environment, under sunlight,” he says. “We used that as part of our pitch.”

But that was just the beginning. “Kris and Cody came to me with the idea of the food puns – inspired by Lewis Carroll’s bread-and-butterflies – and they wanted me to see if I could come up with a bunch of those,” says Kellman. “I don’t know how many they were expecting, but in that first weekend I came up with a list of over 100 of them – and the guys laughed a lot. Some of the foodimals were created by other artists – Cody invented the watermelophants and the bananostriches, and our head of story, Brandon Jeffords, came up with the shrimpanzees. I did a lot of the really punny ones – the fruit cockatiels, the flamangoes, the susheep, the kiwi birds, the tacodile. There was no pun too stupid for me.”

“As much as they could, Cody and Craig kept the original identity of the food intact as much as possible,” says the film’s production designer, Justin K. Thompson. “We didn’t want to lose the texture and the detail that real food has – the watermelophant has the texture of a watermelon and the cantalope has the texture of a cantaloupe. As obvious as the puns are, that’s the fun – kids can recognize their favorite foods in the foodimals and be able to name them.”

“That comes from a mandate set in the first movie,” says Kellman. “Real world food can look unappealing sometimes, but all of the food in the world of “Cloudy” was idealized, like you see in commercials. So even though my original designs were kind of simplistic, children’s book renderings of the foodimals, we knew that in the end, the animators would bring them through that filter and come out more realistic – tasty and appealing, but with legs and arms and mouths and eyes.”

Since then, the foodimals have taken on a life of their own. “It’s been fun watching the animators get a hold of the foodimals,” Cameron continues. “Like the bananas – do they slip a lot? The pickles – they don’t have legs, they have little tassels that come out of the bottom, like walking on two mops. When the hippotatomus opens its mouth, steam comes out, like a baked potato. Every character, we try to find a different way to locomote – lots of variety in motion.”

“The foodimals are my favorite part of the movie,” says voice actor Faris. “The cheespiders, the hippotatomuses, the cantalopes. It’s really inventive and fun, how they gave these food creatures personalities.”

“I think Barry is the funniest character in the movie,” says actor Bill Hader. “There’s a scene in which Flint is trying to rally the troops, and Barry is behind Flint, translating what Flint’s saying, and it’s really, really funny.”

The strawberry foodimal was cute and some moments were funny but the first one is really miles better

Neil Patrick Harris is Voice of Steve the Monkey in "CLOUDY 2"

NEIL PATRICK HARRIS IS VOICE OF STEVE THE MONKEY IN “CLOUDY 2”
    via press release

“I thought that the original `Cloudy' was one of the funniest movies of that year,” begins Neil Patrick Harris, who returns as the voice of Steve the Monkey in Sony Pictures Animation's adventure comedy “Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2,” the sequel to the 2009 original.

Cody Cameron and Kris Pearn, who worked as story artists on the original hit, direct the new film. “I am a big fan of the brains of everyone involved on the creative side of these movies,” adds Harris, who first broke out with the 1989 TV series “Doogie Howser, M.D” before starring in films as diverse as “Starship Troopers,” “The Smurfs” and the “Harold & Kumar” movies.

“I love Phil Lloyd and Chris Miller, who are the original `Cloudy' writers and directors, and I love the current writers and directors, Cody and Kris, who share the same sense of humor, which I hope really shines through in `Cloudy 2.'”

The sequel picks up where the 2009 original left off. The film’s hero, Flint Lockwood (voiced by Bill Hader), is recognized as a genius at last and he’s invited to join The Live Corp Company, where the best and brightest inventors in the world create technologies for the good of mankind.

Flint had always hoped that one day he would be recognized as a great inventor, but his giddy dream soon turns into a feverish nightmare when he discovers that the food machine he created in the first film (and which caused a disastrous food storm in the town of Swallow Falls), is still working and has created a veritable feast of mutant food creatures.

With the fate of humanity in his hands, Flint and his friends must embark on a dangerous mission to battle the food-animal hybrids, or ‘foodimals’, which include tacodiles, shrimpanzees, hippotatomuses, cheespiders and a whole banquet of other foody beasts.

“Boy, the stuff they have in this movie made me laugh and laugh and laugh,” says Harris. “In fact, from the first e-mail I ever got, asking if I wanted to play a monkey named Steve who only shouts single words that come out of a voice recorder box around his neck, I was laughing.”

And Harris was laughing again on “Cloudy 2” as Steve comes to the fore once more, starring alongside his master and best friend, Flint, who created the Speak and Spell ‘monkey thought translator’, through which Steve communicates (though his conversation is limited to single, rather random words).

“Steve is exactly the same this time around as in the first `Cloudy,'” smiles co-director Cody Cameron. “Flint projects more onto Steve than what Steve actually is. Steve is pretty much the same throughout!”

The fact that Steve remains the same will only solidify his position as a firm fans’ favorite. “It is funny what they come up with,” says Harris. “Steve is a really funny character and there will be a hilarious scene and then suddenly there will be a close-up of Steve and he will just say one word, ‘Lick’, and then suddenly we are random and funny again.”

According to producer Kirk Bodyfelt, extracting a movie voice-performance for a main character usually takes three or four sessions, each one running at five or six hours. “But with Neil, we got the whole movie in one session, one hour,” laughs Bodyfelt. “Later, we came up with five more Steve lines, we had Neil in for a second session – he comes in for ten minutes and he’s done.

“Steve is a great foil for the animators,” the producer continues. “You have a scene with a lot of dialogue and Steve is in the background doing something ridiculous or eating something he wasn’t supposed to eat. He’s great.”

Harris certainly takes great pleasure in voicing the character. “I hope that people think the sequel is truly brilliant, like the first one,” he says. “I loved doing it.”

For many people around the world, Harris is perhaps best known for his eight-year stint in the hit TV show “How I Met Your Mother,” in which he plays womaniser Barney Stinson. “It’s the longest job I’ve ever had, 200-plus episodes of the show, but I think that it has managed to retain its integrity and be a little bit mysterious,” he says.

The actor concedes that doing comedy on TV and on film are two very different disciplines, but he enjoys them both. “There’s a big difference,” he says. “TV comedy for me is much broader and much more committed comedy.”

On films like “Smurfs,” he says, he can afford to be a bit more nuanced. “In movies you have a close up on you that’s going to be projected in 3D on a gigantic screen, so you can get a laugh by doing something much smaller.”

Now playing across the Philippines, “Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2” is distributed by Columbia Pictures, local office of Sony Pictures Releasing International.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast