PEx Highlights

PHOTOS: NU Hands Ateneo its First Loss

The NU Bulldogs relied on Troy Rosario and Rev Diputado to give Ateneo its first loss of the season, 64-60

read more

Prepare to Go Into the Storm

From New Line Cinema, in association with Village Roadshow Pictures, comes the tornado disaster film Into the Storm.

read more

PHOTOS: Cagayan upsets Army

Cagayan Valley Rising Sun hands Philippine Army its first loss through 4 sets, 27-25, 20-25, 25-23, 25-22

read more

The Unique Heroes of Marvel's Guardians

Know more about Peter Quill, Gamora, Drax, Groot and Rocket.

read more

Review: Hercules

Bordering on ridiculous, Dwayne Johnson delivers and Hercules is a fun and entertaining ride.

read more

UAAP Basketball Power Rankings: Week 2

Are the Blue Eagles back on top again? Check out this week's PEx UAAP Season 77 Basketball Power Rankings.

read more

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SPEAK YOUR MIND: Do you agree with this year's Oscar Awards?

The winners of this year's Oscars were the following:

Best Picture: Argo
    Best Actor: Daniel Day Lewis for Lincoln
    Best Actress: Jennifer Lawrence for Silver Linings Playbook
    Best Supporting Actor: Christopher Waltz for Django Unchained
    Best Supporting Actress: Anne Hathaway for Les Miserables

Now for this week, we ask you...

Do you agree with this year's Oscar Awards? Are you satisfied with the results or you think somebody else deserves the Oscars?

Post your biggest and boldest opinions here!

Click here for details on Speak Your Mind Monday

Yes. For the Best Picture Win, Argo deserved that win despite not having a nomination for Best Director. All the acting categories Oscars went to the right persons. They were truly amazing in all their performances.

^second! I also agree with the Best Picture. I was also rooting for Argo to win..

ang tagal ng Oscar PIN!!!

yourFavescouldNeverEver™ JM4ever's Avatar
    I felt that some wins are lazy wins.

I don't like any of these Best Supporting Actor nominees. Hey! Christoph Waltz was funny in his speeches. I wanna hear another speech from him!

Let's give Argo the Best Film Editing since we didn't nominate Affleck for it.

those are just my speculations LOL.

Overall the show was great. Sobrang haba lang talaga.

yourFavescouldNeverEver™ JM4ever's Avatar
    and kinda agree with them. Well, they give the awards to people with great works this year but not all of them deserves the coveted award.

I liked the results this year. All the nominees were great in their performances. I can say close fight in each category. It is just sometimes it is meant to be for the person; this year is their year. Congrats to all the winners. Well deserved.

Most eh agree ako. Though fan ako ni JLaw sa beauty at boobies nya, i think hindi pa enough para sha yung umuwi ng trophy na yun. Me something pang kulang dun sa movie. Hype lang siguro na baguhan etc etc. Mas dalang-dala pa ni Jessica Chastain yung role nya.

Sa arkitekto, sigurado! ex deo scientia's Avatar
    The Oscars is clearly a reflection of what the American society thinks are outstanding performances in film. Though I believe that many of the winners deserve their accolades, some who were more deserving didn't even get noticed by the members of the Academy. And then, there are films from genres that always get snubbed each year, even though they carry a deeper sense of humanity, and a higher level of aesthetics, than any of the nominees that year.

Pagdating sa Best Picture, AGREE ako sobra!

Argo? For Best Picture? No. I enjoyed it but I believe Life of Pi was better overall.

DDL. They made the right choice.

JLaw. No. She was charming in SLP. But Riva's performance in Amour was heartbreaking.

Supporting Actress. Meh. I don't care about Anne. She did good. But Adams was fantastic in The Master, she didn't have the campaign machinery, so. There you go.

Supporting Actor, the most cluster-fuc* race probably in the history of the Academy. No favorite. Waltz was good in Django. So be it.

Director, even if Affleck was there and Bigelow. Ang Lee's direction in Life of Pi made it possible to even survive. He is that good.

I think both Jennifer Lawrence and Anne Hathaway benefited from the strong, in-your-face and oftentimes obnoxious campaign for the Oscars (especially for Anne Hathaway- she was insufferable and obnoxious in the THR Oscar roundtable).

Personally, Anne Hathaway got lucky, because there was not much "hype" on the other fellow nominees in her category. Was her performance in Les Miserables good? Yes, but NOT great. I've always felt that Hugh Jackman was the star of that movie. It's unfortunate that Hugh was nominated with Daniel Day-Lewis in that category. No one can win against Daniel at this point, to be honest.

Jennifer Lawrence was good in Silver Linings Playbook. Does it hold a candle against Emmanuelle Riva's performance? NO. But Jennifer Lawrence, aside from turning in a respectable performance, is a darling of the Hollywood crowd right now, the apple of every producer's eye. Young, model Hollywood. Emmanuelle, on the other hand? A very accomplished, fantastic actress, but just could not be bothered to "flop like a fish" (in her own words) to campaign for herself. She believes her work should speak for itself. In an ideal world, it should, BUT in Hollywood, schmoozing also is a big plus, aside from being a good actress.

Just saying.

For all others, I agree with the results. Best surprise for the night were Quentin + Christoph winning for Django Unchained. Yes, it is a controversial movie, an entertaining movie, probably a movie without substance (as one might say) and full or gore and violence, BUT it was a very good movie. Christoph was outstanding, and there was that. Not sure why Tommy Lee Jones actually got a lot of good reviews, when I couldn't stand him in that movie. (Well, to each his/ her own. )

The only award I completely disagree with was Best Actress. Chastain and Riva both did better than Lawrence IMO. Riva was just powerful and heartbreaking while Chastain was just badass.

For best picture, no issues with Argo winning but I thought it was overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by jammerakwaii10 View Post
    Argo? For Best Picture? No. I enjoyed it but I believe Life of Pi was better overall.

DDL. They made the right choice.

JLaw. No. She was charming in SLP. But Riva's performance in Amour was heartbreaking.

Supporting Actress. Meh. I don't care about Anne. She did good. But Adams was fantastic in The Master, she didn't have the campaign machinery, so. There you go.

Supporting Actor, the most cluster-fuc* race probably in the history of the Academy. No favorite. Waltz was good in Django. So be it.

Director, even if Affleck was there and Bigelow. Ang Lee's direction in Life of Pi made it possible to even survive. He is that good.
    Life of Pi is for kids!! pffft!!

nakatulog nga ako sa movie house ng very very light.. it doesn't deserve the best picture..

Moderator, kelan yun Oscar Pin?

I'm not sure about Argo, I like the film, but the credit should be given to Life of PI, the movie is a complete epic!

Best Actor - no questions asked... panalo talaga si DDL

Best Actress - it's a close fight between J.Law and J.Chas... but i'm rooting for the former... her acting is very natural, hindi nanggigigil or something that says "i want to win an award" acting (parang si Natalie Portman sa Black Swan)... parang Sandra Bullock level sa "Blind Side" lang...

Best S. Actress - kay Sally Field dapat tong award na to...
    Best S. Actor - i couldn't care less about this awards... so ok lang kahit sino....

i was laughing at myself coz im quite sure jen lawrence wont win d' oscars, i loved her and she's amazing but if she was dropped for Winter's Bone last year how can Silver Linings gave her oscars??
    i thought Chastain would take home the golden statue but hey.. surprise!!!

im fine with Argo and Anne Hathaway of Les Mis,

the most undeniable winner is Daniel Day Lewis for Best Actor

Quote Originally Posted by prEttyInDistr3ss View Post
    Life of Pi is for kids!! pffft!!

nakatulog nga ako sa movie house ng very very light.. it doesn't deserve the best picture..

Moderator, kelan yun Oscar Pin?
    Life of Pi is for kids? WTF? I'm already in my 30's and there's no way Life of Pi is for kids. Heck I'm not even pro-faith but the movie made me somewhat appreciate what life is.

Picture: Argo was a decent choice. It was not the best among the bunch, but it's also one of the better movies nonetheless. However, I don't see it aging well. Ten years from now, it'll be like how we perceive Chicago last night. Important then, but will soon fade too.

Director: Probably my favorite win of the night. Ang Lee was every inch deserving. Life of Pi was deemed as unfilmable, and he was the master and commander of this whole vision. Richly deserved! Now, all we need is to have him direct a Best Picture winner.

Actor: Hard to argue with DDL. Say what you want about how great Cooper and Phoenix were (which they were, actually), but DDL was just transformative in Lincoln. It's actually a better third Oscar acting win that let's say Streep or Nicholson.

Actress: Love J.Law's maturity in the film, but far from Best Actress standards. Those clips alone already prove that Riva should have it. I might not agree with her win, but J.Law is too awesome to hate. She's just probably one of the coolest and best 22 year old gals evah. Also, she's best dressed for me.

Supp Actor: Screw my predictions. Love it! Who would have thought Waltz would be back for a second nom; let alone, to win for it again. His is my favorite performance from the bunch, and this is one of the wrong predictions where in I love that I got it wrong.

Supp Actress: Richly deserved. I'm glad the Oscar season was over for her. Now, I can go back into liking her again. There's something about Anne's aura this whole of Les Mis era that made her feel so much entitled about herself. With her getting the Oscar, now I'm looking forward to seeing her again.

les miserables desesrved to win as the best picture and hugh jackman for best actor. dissapaointed with the results.

the first part was good, medyo nakkaantok nga sa dulo.

Marami nagsasabi na boring daw ang book na "Life of Pi". But guess what? Yung kinita ng movie na over 700M-US$ ata ang nagpapatunay na dahil sa malupet na director eh mag-iiba to. Respect to Ang Lee. Galing!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast