South Korea (Thread II) | Visas and Immigration | PinoyExchange

X

Page 1 of 338 1 2 11 51 101 ... Last

Wow, new thread!

Here are direct links to relevant sites:

Official site of the Embassy of the Republic of South Korea in the Philippines Visa page:
    http://embassy_philippines.mofat.go....isas/index.jsp
    * Click on Topic No. 4 "Updated Visa Requirements"

Download the visa application form (PDF format):
    http://www.mofat.go.kr/english/visa/...visakorean.pdf

Hi guys! I need your help. I already got my visa approved for my trip this coming March. The problem is my two friends were denied. They are planning to visit Jeju Island and skip Seoul as they don't have a visa. Based on my research, Jeju does not require visa for filipinos travellers (good for 30 days). Can they still use the Incheon tickets and then fly to Jeju from Incheon (MNL - INC - JEJU then JEJU - INC - MNL)? Will it be allowed? Or they really need to fly direct to Jeju from HK perhaps? Thanks for your help guys!
    Last edited by milet_miranda; Feb 19, 2013 at 10:16 AM.

why fight the inevitable?
    Hi guys! I've been backreading the first thread, and it is quite helpful!

My friend and I are planning to go to SK sometime in October. We just want the autumn feel and the foliage.

Question is - I went to AU before in the last 5 years. The thing is I don't have a copy of my visa anymore. Should I just submit my entry and exit stamps?

TIA!

secret princess
    Hi everyone!

I have 2 questions, which so far I haven't seen posted in the threads (although medyo last few months pa lang nabrowse ko):

1. Although I've had it for 5 years now, my bank account is really just for payroll. My real savings account is in our company's cooperative. Can I submit a statement of account from the coop instead of the bank?

2. My mom is a retiree/senior citizen who will rely on me for travel expenses. She had a single entry Canadian visa dated 2008 (I don't know if it's relevant or not). What kind of requirements can she pass?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by milet_miranda View Post
    Hi guys! I need your help. I already got my visa approved for my trip this coming March. The problem is my two friends were denied. They are planning to visit Jeju Island and skip Seoul as they don't have a visa. Based on my research, Jeju does not require visa for filipinos travellers (good for 30 days). Can they still use the Incheon tickets and then fly to Jeju from Incheon (MNL - INC - JEJU then JEJU - INC - MNL)? Will it be allowed? Or they really need to fly direct to Jeju from HK perhaps? Thanks for your help guys!
    As far as I know, they can't fly in to Korea via Incheon without a visa. They would have to transfer to Gimpo kasi to fly to Jeju and to do that, they must go out of Incheon International Airport. And they can't do that without passing through immigration. Shempre hindi sila papapasukin kung wala silang visa. I could be wrong, though.

Quote Originally Posted by lh3n View Post
    Hi guys! I've been backreading the first thread, and it is quite helpful!

My friend and I are planning to go to SK sometime in October. We just want the autumn feel and the foliage.

Question is - I went to AU before in the last 5 years. The thing is I don't have a copy of my visa anymore. Should I just submit my entry and exit stamps?

TIA!
    I think so. Better that than nothing at all. Sayang din yung travel history eh.

Quote Originally Posted by ds27 View Post
    Hi everyone!

I have 2 questions, which so far I haven't seen posted in the threads (although medyo last few months pa lang nabrowse ko):

1. Although I've had it for 5 years now, my bank account is really just for payroll. My real savings account is in our company's cooperative. Can I submit a statement of account from the coop instead of the bank?

2. My mom is a retiree/senior citizen who will rely on me for travel expenses. She had a single entry Canadian visa dated 2008 (I don't know if it's relevant or not). What kind of requirements can she pass?

Thank you!
    1. Why not submit both to be sure?

2. Since you'll be her sponsor, you may attach a copy of your financial documents on her application + an affidavit of support stating that you will be covering her expenses. If she has a retirement/pension certificate or any document evidencing that she is a retiree, attach that, as well.

I want to apply for a double entry visa, how to? I have a single entry visa before, I dont remember anything in the form that I am applying for a single or double entry. Anyone here who has applied before for a double entry visa? Kindly share how, thanks.

Hi! Help, please!

My family and I are going to apply for our tourist visas to SK soon. My dad already retired from work in 2008. He receives SSS pension and has sufficient savings which I think are more than enough proof to support a 5-day trip. We (3 employed children) will be paying for all his expenses. Does he still need to attach an affidavit of support and bank certificates from any one of us? Or will his certificate of pension, land titles, etc. do?

Quote Originally Posted by *Zaphne* View Post
    Hi! Help, please!

My family and I are going to apply for our tourist visas to SK soon. My dad already retired from work in 2008. He receives SSS pension and has sufficient savings which I think are more than enough proof to support a 5-day trip. We (3 employed children) will be paying for all his expenses. Does he still need to attach an affidavit of support and bank certificates from any one of us? Or will his certificate of pension, land titles, etc. do?
    Btw, 5 years na siyang senior citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by *Zaphne* View Post
    Btw, 5 years na siyang senior citizen.

Whooops! Sorry for the bother, I think I just found the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by milet_miranda View Post

There's a chance na makapunta kayo dun as visitors in transit... try to research and read this link:

http://www.buhaykorea.com/2012/11/15...rs-in-transit/

http://www.korea.net/NewsFocus/Polic...ticleId=103467

Nabasa ko yan last year although it seems talaga dapat via package tour lang ang trip nyo nyan with accredited travel and tours in Seoul... For Incheon to Jeju trip, may flight via t'way.. Goodluck

May na deny na ba kahit may previous Korean Visa na? haha..

kasi gusto ko ulit mag travel by June, last travel ko was November.. 50k nasa bank certificate ko nun.. now nasa 30k na lang haha..

Nakakainis kasi sa Korea parang magnet nanghahatak ng turista eh haha

Quote Originally Posted by windblown View Post
    May na deny na ba kahit may previous Korean Visa na? haha..

kasi gusto ko ulit mag travel by June, last travel ko was November.. 50k nasa bank certificate ko nun.. now nasa 30k na lang haha..

Nakakainis kasi sa Korea parang magnet nanghahatak ng turista eh haha
    May kaka-post lang na query sa blog ko, nabigyan na sya ng visa last year. Kumuha sya ulit ngayon, na-deny daw sya. Pero ang reason naman ay 'failed to prove the purpose of visit' so walang kinalaman ang bank balance dun.

need help!

I'm 22 years of age but still a student.. I have a savings naman in the bank but here's my situation.
    my boyfriend and I would like to visit in South korea. since he's currently in U.S so mag me-meet up nalang kami doon sa South korea. I don't have any working experience yet. Hindi rin ako pwede makapagbigay ng docu. related sa parents ko kasi hindi nila alam na magkikita nga kami ng bf ko sa korea .. so may possibilty pa ba na ma approve ako kung mag apply pa ako ng visa kasi parang feeling ko wala akong pag asa pero gusto ko mag try.. ano ba dapat kung iprepare na documents since in my situation na studyante pa ako but I already have money in the bank kasi savings ko na rin yun from my parents.. hope to hear you soon guys

I will be applying for a visa next month (first week of April). Is it okay to submit a bank certificate that's issued this month (March)? Or does it have to be on the same month? TIA

16. Mar 5, 2013

Hello everyone! I have a valid japan visa. Before kapag may visa ka na of any OECD member countries, pwede ng COE lang ang ipass together with the basic requirements.

Tama ba na now kelangan magpass na rin ng ITR, Bank certificate, etc.?

Thanks!

Hi guys question. Is it ok to apply visa on a later schedule? like I wanna apply visa now but my travel would be on june or july. Would that be ok?

Quote Originally Posted by pipylongstocking View Post
    Hello everyone! I have a valid japan visa. Before kapag may visa ka na of any OECD member countries, pwede ng COE lang ang ipass together with the basic requirements.

Tama ba na now kelangan magpass na rin ng ITR, Bank certificate, etc.?

Thanks!
    Pareho pa rin.

Quote Originally Posted by tonzi View Post
    Hi guys question. Is it ok to apply visa on a later schedule? like I wanna apply visa now but my travel would be on june or july. Would that be ok?
    Hindi pwede kasi 90 days lang ang validity ng visa. Dapat within 90 days from your probable date of departure.

Urgent question, kasi I am somewhat in doubt sa sinabi sa akin ng consular officer dito. (I am in Cambodia)

My itinerary: Phnom Penh --> Incheon (first week of April) and then Incheon --> Tokyo (after five days in Seoul).

So I applied for a Japanese visa and got it this morning (whew!). After getting it, I asked the tuk-tuk driver to take me to the Korean embassy asap. (Kasi international women's day bukas which is a public holiday here).

Now when I arrived at the South Korean embassy, I waited for about half an hour and finally when it was my turn I gave all my documents to the Cambodian lady who was in charge of receiving applications. One glace at my passport and she immediately asked about my immigration status here in Cambodia. Sabi ko long-term visa (working as a commercial pilot). Very rare raw na nag-gragrant sila ng visa to foreigners here. The exception raw is for those who have permanent residence.

Then she asked about my travel plans. So I showed her my Asiana Airlines itinerary. After a minute, she went through my passport and saw the Japan visa and she was like ohhhhh.. that's no problem then. You can simply proceed to Phnom Penh airport and take the flight to Incheon without a visa. So I asked if she is 10000000% sure about this. Yes, raw. Absolutely sure.

She then went somewhere with my passport and returned with a Korean guy who had a print-out of this website:

http://www.hikorea.go.kr/pt/InfoDetailR_en.pt

and using a yellow highlighter, the Korean guy specifically referred me to this provisions:

Transit tourists bound for another country
    Eligible countries
    Applicable to all countries (save for Macedonia, Cuba, Syria, Sudan and Iran) that are not granted visa-free entry into Korea.
    Applicable to…
    Those with a visa (excluding Japanses Group Visa) or a re-entry permit for U.S., Japan, Canada, Australia, or New Zealand (5 countries) and traveling to any one of those countries through Korea.
    Those traveling from any one of the five countries mentioned above, whose final destination is not Korea.
    Requirements
    Must have a confirmed onward flight ticket for departure within 30 days after entering Korea, in addition to having no record of criminal offence in the five countries mentioned above.

So, if I can just ask for confirmation from anyone here please, can I REALLY enter Seoul with just my single-entry Japan tourist visa??? Please kindly advise. I don't want to fly all the way to Korea and be told that the Philippines is excluded.

The South Korean embassy here in Phnom Penh assured me that there is no need for a Korean visa if I hold a Japan visa.

The Japan visa is valid for 90 days from today and the period of sojourn is 15 days.

Page 1 of 338 1 2 11 51 101 ... Last