NBA - Page 4 | NBA | PinoyExchange

Page 4 of 4 First ... 3 4
    NBA Nuggets hire Brian Shaw to be their next head coach - report
    June 25, 2013 8:47am

The Denver Nuggets have hired former Indiana Pacers assistant Brian Shaw to become their next head coach, Benjamin Hochman of The Denver Post reported Monday (Tuesday, PHL time).

Shaw replaces reigning NBA Coach of the Year George Karl, who was not brought back for the final year of his contract.

In an interview with Hochman, Shaw said, "I can't express my appreciation enough.

"It's been a grind to say the least, but I'm just very appreciative of the opportunity to lead this team. ... It's been years, 11-12 interviews I've gone through. And I've felt I've been prepared by the best of the best. You know, everything that's worth something, a lot of times you have to wait for it. I feel like I've waited and paid my dues."

A former first round draft pick in 1988, Shaw most famously had a four-season stint with the Los Angeles Lakers from 1999-2003. He later became an assistant to Phil Jackson, also with the Lakers, before going to Indiana in 2011.

While Shaw can coach the triangle offense like his mentor, he said in the interview that he doesn't plan on using it with the Nuggets, which last season employed an up-tempo, free-flowing style.

"Although I played in the triangle and coached the triangle, I also played in a lot of systems, so that's not something I'm looking to bring to the Nuggets and try to implement," Shaw explained.

Shaw was considered one of the hottest coaching prospects this offseason, attracting attention from the likes of the Los Angeles Clippers and the Memphis Grizzlies.

Under Karl, the Denver Nuggets won a franchise-record 57 games and snagged the third seed in the Western Conference. However, they were unable to advance, getting upset by the Golden State Warriors in six games.

Indiana on the other hand finished with a 49-32 record, and lost to eventual champions Miami Heat in seven games in the Eastern Conference Finals. - AMD, GMA News

source: http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story...d-coach-report

More minutes to McGee is the key to Nuggets success

NBA Nuggets deal 27th choice to Jazz, Koufos to Grizzlies - reports
    June 28, 2013 10:31am

link: http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story...zzlies-reports

Andre Miller on the trading block after scuffle with Shaw

source

Nuggets discuss trades for exiled guard Andre Miller
    By Adrian Wojnarowski | Yahoo Sports Tue, Jan 7, 2014 9:02 AM PHT

As Denver Nuggets management accelerates trade discussions, guard Andre Miller has possibly played his final game for the franchise, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

After a two-game suspension turned into an indefinite exile on Monday, the Nuggets are motivated to move Miller within the next 24 to 48 hours, league sources said. It has become clear to rival executives that Denver is moving quickly on engineering trade scenarios and completing a deal.

Sacramento Kings general manager Pete D'Alessandro a longtime Nuggets executive has been at the forefront of trying to acquire Miller, league sources said. The Kings plan would be to use Miller as a mentor for the franchise's talented young point guard, Isaiah Thomas.

Denver general manager Tim Connelly has had conversations with multiple teams, including Sacramento. Miller is owed the balance of his $5 million this season and a partial guarantee of $2 million in 2014-15 on his contract.

Connelly and Miller's agent, Andy Miller, have been in regular communication about the next steps for the franchise and point guard.

Andre Miller's departure in Denver was cemented on Wednesday, when he initiated a derisive exchange with coach Brian Shaw on the bench during a loss to the Philadelphia 76ers. Miller was suspended for Friday's and Sunday's victories, and agreed with the Nuggets to stay away from practice on Monday. The Nuggets play host to the Boston Celtics on Tuesday night.

Miller, 37, had a 239-consecutive-game streak end in the loss to the Sixers, and endured the first "Did Not Play-Coach's Decision" of his 15-year career.

The frustration that started on the floor on Wednesday night extended into the postgame locker room, sources told Yahoo Sports. Before the bubbling over on Wednesday, Miller had recently addressed some issues to Shaw in a locker-room meeting forum, league sources said.

Connelly spoke with Miller for approximately an hour late Wednesday at the Pepsi Center, and the team suspended Miller on Thursday for its next two games.

Sino free agents nila?

Quote Originally Posted by Sbj3 View Post
    Sino free agents nila?
    si Esther Liu at victory liner

Page 4 of 4 First ... 3 4