PEx Highlights

PHOTOS: UST Sweeps UE in Season Opener

The UST Tigresses had no problems to start off their season as they swept the UE Lady Warriors in 3 sets, 25-11, 25-12, 25-14.

read more

The Best of 2014: PExers Choice Awards

Come one, come all! Voting for The Best of 2014: PExers Choice Awards has officially begun. Click here to cast a vote!

read more

10 Things to Watch Out for in UAAP Volleyball

We list down 10 things to look forward to this season from the Miefer Fever to EJ Laure and Jaja Santiago's crucial role for their respective teams!

read more

FEATURE: BasketBros: PBA's Best Buddies

We take a look at twelve couples who have formed relationships like real life brothers. Meet our BasketBros!

read more

REVIEW: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1

It feels forced and stretched. But hey, it's still Mockingjay. Check out our full review here!

read more

PHOTOS: Defending Champs Ateneo KOs NU

The Ateneo Lady Eagles successfully opened their campaign with a three-set victory over the NU Lady Bulldogs, 25-21, 25-18, 25-15.

read more

May buy-one-take-one promo sila sa membership, last day today.

I am a member, along with around 12 of my co-workers. The owner, Rob, is a nice guy and the staff/coaches I've trained with are cool. Try to get Junmar a.k.a. Jay as your trainer if you want to learn proper boxing/MT technique.

It gets quite crowded in the evenings, but they are open until late. Best time to train is early morning when they open at 7AM -- you might catch me there on a Monday.

Make sure you ask to see the shower area before signing up at Makati branch.

I have not been inside the Shaw branch yet.

blakedaddy should probably merge this with the Boxing Gyms thread.

oo nga noh...

Pa-merge na lang sa Boxing Gym thread.

Branch in Shaw Mandaluyong

They also have a branch in Peaksun bldg on Princeton st along Shaw blvd. Malapit sa Wack Wack. Ganda din mg train duon, very friendly talaga yung staff.

few pix here, meron din ata sa fb nila: https://foursquare.com/v/empire-boxi...b00599e47d7b00

They will be opening a branch at Timog soon.

The Makati branch is very, very crowded in the evenings. So crowded, some people hit the mitts and do their warmup/cooldown in the hallway near the elevators.

Quote Originally Posted by brianpex View Post
    They will be opening a branch at Timog soon.

The Makati branch is very, very crowded in the evenings. So crowded, some people hit the mitts and do their warmup/cooldown in the hallway near the elevators.
    Yeah it gets quite crowded in the evenings in Makati but people come back for the great service the gym provides. Shaw has a big space with lots of room for people to train comfortably, have you tried it there? Timog is coming along good too. I like the vibes at the Empire Gyms, nice people with good work ethic.

I am a member for free c/o Coach Rob himself at the Makati Branch XD ... I always go during weekends and I don't experience the the crowd. I usually go at round 5-6PM

just had my first day boxing training yesterday @ empire boxing kahit umuulan signal number 1..ang sarap lang enjoy until now swelling padin muscle ko sa tyan part (i dont know exact words or term) yun lang i forgot to ask name nung coach nag train sakin lol peace!!! but for sure eto n bago ko workout twice or three times a week

Quote Originally Posted by JaysonMilk View Post
    just had my first day boxing training yesterday @ empire boxing kahit umuulan signal number 1..ang sarap lang enjoy until now swelling padin muscle ko sa tyan part (i dont know exact words or term) yun lang i forgot to ask name nung coach nag train sakin lol peace!!! but for sure eto n bago ko workout twice or three times a week
    Hi, just want to ask ano ba yung mga workout/exercises na pinapagawa pag bago pa lang? my officemates were inviting me to sign up for this boxing gym. medyo mahal yung non-member fee. pero i want to see for myself first kung ok at kung kakayanin ko before i shell out my hard earn money for this new activity hehe

may punching mitts routine na ba or purely stamina building activities ba muna etc, etc..

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by ace_diamond View Post
    Hi, just want to ask ano ba yung mga workout/exercises na pinapagawa pag bago pa lang? my officemates were inviting me to sign up for this boxing gym. medyo mahal yung non-member fee. pero i want to see for myself first kung ok at kung kakayanin ko before i shell out my hard earn money for this new activity hehe

may punching mitts routine na ba or purely stamina building activities ba muna etc, etc..

Thanks in advance
    Hi,

Training start with warm up (warm up exercise)streching,rope etc
    2. sparring (boxing with trainer) may round siya(time) kasama footwork,stance,type punches
    3.pahinga in between
    4.heavy bag training, tas yung sa maliit
    5.sparring again
    6.footwork, etc
    7.may side cardio yung bike (9 minutes lang pahinga)
    8.sparring
    9.abs workout ( i lab this sarap after kasi effect na wrkout tlaga xia)
    10.strecthing/parang i massage ka( mas lab ko toh after pagod bawi dahil sa stretching n to)

seriously ive been before with other boxing gym wala ako natutunan ubos pa pera sa tip but with Empire nak 2 session pa lang ako enjoy overall workout, turuan ka tlaga, trainors are cool start to finish, worth ang membership at tip tlaga

btw..you need handwrap, boxing gloves(pede mag rent)and be prepared for liters of sweats out of your body seriously...

mahaba na ata baka bgyan na ko free session hahaha..seriousy cool sa empire and eto rin kasi gusto ko work out *** enjoy ako.nuff said (sorry for some terms pala bugoy lang po not pro)

@JaysonMilk, how much rate nila sa Empire? Sa Quezon City ba yan? Thanks :-)