PEx Highlights

PHOTOS: La Salle Extends Series vs FEU

Jeron Teng and the DLSU Green Archers had no problems defeating the FEU Tamaraws on Saturday, 94-73.

read more

Top TV Shows!

Find out the top 5 TV shows in the Showbiz forums here!

read more

PROMO: Gone Girl

Join the promo and get a chance to win advance screening tickets to Gone Girl!

read more

An FEU-NU Matchup in the UAAP Finals?

Well, you guys were calling for an FEU-NU matchup and we wrote about it! Check out our article about a potential Tamaraws-Bulldogs matchup in the UAAP Finals.

read more

REVIEW: Rurouni Kenshin: The Legend Ends

The Legend Ends is a totally epic conclusion to a heroic tale.

read more

UP StatSoc Goes Infinite!

Come and join UP StatSoc in celebrating their 33rd Anniversary on September 22 to 27!

read more

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 16 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 332
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Totnak View Post
    CCM is much much inferior as compared to the original City College which is PLM......under Lim, PLM became a semi-private institution leaving Manilenos to the much inferior CCM.....is that what you call development?

    Manila already had the National Library so there's no need to add something that would do the exact same thing...it's a waste of funds and resources.....
    I remember this. The original CCM in Escolta which is a near condemned PNB building. Atienza started to construct a new campus which was named Universidad de Manila. And PLM had its improvement in its campus during the time of Atienza.

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by rasHiko_dHeNz View Post
    Cita is an officemate. She is enjoying her private life. She got her sanity back, I guess.
    Braless pa rin? )

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by booksale View Post
    ilang beses na ba niya trinaydor si lim?

    http://manilawatch.wordpress.com/200...cal-balimbing/
    Parang kelan lang na tropang tropa yang dalwang yan hehehe.

  4. #104
    Theistic Apologist Totnak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Hogwarts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar View Post
    I remember this. The original CCM in Escolta which is a near condemned PNB building. Atienza started to construct a new campus which was named Universidad de Manila. And PLM had its improvement in its campus during the time of Atienza.
    correction, PLM was given financial autonomy when CCM was conceptualized.....in fact, PLM turned semi-private during Atienza's mayoralty period.....thus, all in-campus improvements were undertaken using PLMs own budget....

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by cuch View Post
    kung yung tatay at yung kapatid hindi umubra kay yorme, si ate kim pa kaya, e mas kilala sa manila yung erpat nya and yung kapatid nya, hindi porke't lumalabas ka sa tv, iboboto ka, noon pa pinapatakbo yan si ate kim e, kaso ayaw nya kasi maraming mauungkat sa personal na buhay nya hehehehehe, mas importante sa kanya yung reputasyon nya na isang "kuya", kahit hindi bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
    Nun 01 o 04 talo si Lim kay Atienza.
    Last edited by Gunnar; Jan 28, 2013 at 02:52 PM.

  6. #106
    Theistic Apologist Totnak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Hogwarts
    Quote Originally Posted by spez View Post
    its like being caught between a rock and a hard place...

    ang gusto ko, linisin ang Maynila. I dont care if they steal some money or corner grabage contracts or overprice street lamps (lahat naman sile ganun e). At least deliver some goods and services (look at the Binays in Makati.. kahit malaki ang kurakot, may napupunta naman kahit papaano sa mga tao)

    Just this morning on DZMM in Noli's morning show, they discussed these Rugby Boys scattered in Manila (as well as other cities). Sila Noli mismo nag complain sa City Hall about the Rugby boys who were RIGHT ACROSS CITY HALL for cryin out loud... these are the bums who harass pedestrians and motorists (cleaning your windshield with DIRTY water). Thats are one of my pet peeves. Another is Manila Kotong cops who just let Jeepneys double, triple park and block intersections causing horrible traffic in Manila's already narrow street.

    I'd vote anyone who can promise and deliver to get rid of these, as well as make the city CLEANER and SAFER.

    Problem is, Erap is also a coddler of Squatters and unlikely to do anything "anti-masa" like disciplining Jeepney and Tricycle drivers and Vendors.

    So who else is left to vote for?

    Parang mas ok pa nga yata dati si Atienza e... is he not running? Sana si Kuya Kim na lang... hehe (he had political plans before but now he's in showbiz..hehe)

    Pwede bang si Bayani Fernando na lang kaya mag-resident sa Manila at linisin ito? I'd even tolerate any pink motiffs as long as he can deliver..
    this is where ERAP have an upperhand against Lim...if Erap is indeed going to run for just a single term then retire, most likely, he'll be making unpopular decisions.....and taking out those squatters, kuligligs and illegal jeepney terminals could be some of those......

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Totnak View Post
    correction, PLM was given financial autonomy when CCM was conceptualized.....in fact, PLM turned semi-private during Atienza's mayoralty period.....thus, all in-campus improvements were undertaken using PLMs own budget....
    When you say semi private. PLM's budget did not came from the City Government? What private entity is financing the school?

    I took my MBA there so I saw the improvements in the campus

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Totnak View Post
    this is where ERAP have an upperhand against Lim...if Erap is indeed going to run for just a single term then retire, most likely, he'll be making unpopular decisions.....and taking out those squatters, kuligligs and illegal jeepney terminals could be some of those......
    Its common knowledge that Erap has a grudge against Lim and what I see is that he just wanted to unseat him and vindicate. Maybe he is just establishing the mayoralty to Isko.

  9. Advertisement

  10. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Totnak View Post
    this is where ERAP have an upperhand against Lim...if Erap is indeed going to run for just a single term then retire, most likely, he'll be making unpopular decisions.....and taking out those squatters, kuligligs and illegal jeepney terminals could be some of those......
    hmm and go against his image of "Erap para sa Masa" that he worked hard for all his life?

    Can you imagine, rally of the poor AGAINST Erap??? Di pa yata nangyayari yun sa buong buhay nya... mga middle class and mga rich daw ang nagpabagsak sa kanya nung Edsa Dos e... hehe

  11. #110
    Theistic Apologist Totnak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Hogwarts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar View Post
    When you say semi private. PLM's budget did not came from the City Government? What private entity is financing the school?

    I took my MBA there so I saw the improvements in the campus
    PLM's budget comes from the tuition fees of the students.....unlike before, all students only pay miscellaneous fees as long as they are able to retain their GPA....right now, even the miscellaneous fees are exorbitant.....we used to pay only as much as what PUP students are paying....but the difference is too distinct nowadays....

  12. #111

  13. #112
    do i make you horny, baby? cuch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    clutch city
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar View Post
    Nun 01 o 04 talo si Lim kay Atienza.
    kung makausap mo si atty. rafanan ng comelec( saan kaya nilagay ni brillantes ito, matino ito e, wala na sa main office e) siya yung humawak ng election protest sa manila at ang nanalo ay si.....kaso nakapwesto na si gloria( lintik ang pag sispsip ni tolits dito di ba) at si abalos, kaya natengga yung result, hanggang tumakbo nang senador si yorme noong 2004, biglang nag labas si abalos ng statement na wala na yung protest ni lim noong 2001 election dahil kumandidato na (at nanalo) bilang senator, e noong 2007 dadayain pa ni ali(gator) buti na lang nakatunog si yorme,na sa isang spa mismo sa tabi ng rizal sports complex( kung saan binibilang yung mga boto) nakatago yung mga balota ni ali na isisingit sa bilangan para lumamang ang ungas, kaya sinugod at caught in the act, naglulumuhod si tolits para hindi kumalat sa media, bandang huli pumayag na si yorme na mag concede na lang si ali.....

  14. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by cuch View Post
    kung makausap mo si atty. rafanan ng comelec( saan kaya nilagay ni brillantes ito, matino ito e, wala na sa main office e) siya yung humawak ng election protest sa manila at ang nanalo ay si.....kaso nakapwesto na si gloria( lintik ang pag sispsip ni tolits dito di ba) at si abalos, kaya natengga yung result, hanggang tumakbo nang senador si yorme noong 2004, biglang nag labas si abalos ng statement na wala na yung protest ni lim noong 2001 election dahil kumandidato na (at nanalo) bilang senator, e noong 2007 dadayain pa ni ali(gator) buti na lang nakatunog si yorme,na sa isang spa mismo sa tabi ng rizal sports complex( kung saan binibilang yung mga boto) nakatago yung mga balota ni ali na isisingit sa bilangan para lumamang ang ungas, kaya sinugod at caught in the act, naglulumuhod si tolits para hindi kumalat sa media, bandang huli pumayag na si yorme na mag concede na lang si ali.....
    Nga pala, walang natatalo, lahat nadaya. Kung sabagay nun 98. Dinaya din sa City hall yun balota kaya tinalo ni Atienza si Lopez, Bagatsing at Maceda

  15. #114
    do i make you horny, baby? cuch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    clutch city
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar View Post
    Its common knowledge that Erap has a grudge against Lim and what I see is that he just wanted to unseat him and vindicate. Maybe he is just establishing the mayoralty to Isko.
    eto yung tinangihan ni yorme yung pag award ng garbage collection contract ng manila sa pamilya ni bigote, bakit ayaw ni yorme? kasi masyadong lugi ang city of manila sa terms ng contract.

  16. #115
    kumusta na nga pala yung anak niya na nainvolve sa drugs?

  17. #116
    Disqualification case filed vs Erap at Comelec

    As Estrada himself said, when he ran for the presidency the second time around, he can vote, and be voted upon.

    Estrada attended yesterday’s conference together with his lawyer, Frank Chavez.
    The former president seems unperturbed by the petition.

    He said, “If I was allowed to run for president in 2010, placing second to President Aquino, why would I be prevented now to run as mayor of Manila? He accused his opponent incumbent Manila Mayor Alfredo Lim as behind this petition.

    “This is a “dirty trick” from “Dirty Harry”, he said. Estrada also accused his opponents of forum shopping.

    http://www.tribune.net.ph/headlines/...rap-at-comelec

  18. #117
    do i make you horny, baby? cuch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    clutch city
    dirty harry vs dirty old man (dom erap) bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

  19. #118
    http://www.tribune.net.ph/headlines/...rap-at-comelec

    The petition dated Jan. 11, with lawyer Alicia Risos-Vidal as petitioner, seeks to disqualify Estrada because of his conviction for plunder by the Sandiganbayan in Criminal Case No.26558.
    The petition argued that while the “Estrada’s pardon did restore to him his civil and political rights, it did not restore to him his right to run or hold public office or the right of suffrage because it was not expressly restored by the terms of the pardon.”
    desperate move by pred lim.

  20. #119
    http://www.businessmirror.com.ph/ind...-saving-manila

    Saving Manila
    Published on Sunday, 03 February 2013 18:27
    Written by The BusinessMirror Editorial

    WE are sure there would be plenty of fascinating contests during the midterm elections this year, but one we would really like to give our attention to is the glamour or grudge match (depending on how you see it) between two veteran politicians who would like to have one last stint in the government as mayor of the city of Manila, their version of the Holy Grail after their long, historic careers in politics.

    There are no other big personalities on the ballot for Manila mayor this May—we do wish there were—but the choice is mainly between the 82-year-old incumbent Alfredo Lim and the 75-year-old former Philippine President Joseph Estrada.

    Whether either of them could muster the political and financial resources needed to reverse the runaway decay of the city is questionable, but we do remain hopeful.

  21. #120
    Tagapagligtas ng Naapi KamenRaida's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Senkaku Islands
    lasingero, babaero, sigang at sugalero mayor yan b gusto nyo?

    panalo na si erap kung ganun

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 16 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Advertisement


Hot Topics

PROMO:

Join the promo and get a chance to win advance screening tickets to Gone Girl!

Join the promo and get a chance to win advance screening tickets to Gone Girl!

read more
SHOWBIZ:

The Amazing Race Philippines reveals participating teams for upcoming season

The Amazing Race Philippines reveals participating teams for upcoming season

read more
MUSIC:

"Mahal Ko o Mahal Ako" wins Himig Handog P-Pop Love Songs 2014

"Mahal Ko o Mahal Ako" wins Himig Handog P-Pop Love Songs 2014

read more
ASIAN GAMES:

Join the 2014 Asian Games discussion thread!

Join the 2014 Asian Games discussion thread!

read more
UAAP:

La Salle extends series, blows out FEU, 94-73

La Salle extends series, blows out FEU, 94-73

read more
NMFtv:

#TBT: Alfonso, Nigel and Enrique talk about their first gaming memories. What about yours?

#TBT: Alfonso, Nigel and Enrique talk about their first gaming memories. What about yours?

read more

Advertisement