CAT Lovers Thread - Part 2 - Page 2 | Pets and Animals | PinoyExchange

X

Page 2 of 62 First 1 2 3 12 52 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by proudtobepinoy View Post
    Kaninang umaga on my way to church para sa simbang gabi pag bukas ko ng pinto may kuting sa labas mukang gusto mag pa adopt

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps6965f374.jpg
    Adopt mo na! New addition to your feline family

Gab Scardragon strandedstranger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Merida View Post
    Hi. Thanks. About the username, yes... amongst others

Thank you. They're my purring teddy bears.

Here's Fattie:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-jXdffsHlSS...atinabox10.jpg
    Cuuuttteee!

I wish I can across with a cat that needs adoption.

strandedstranger: cute nga nyan

doomed365: Adapt ko nga kaso kahapon lumabas ng gate di na bumalik

Tsk Tsk

This is the website of a Baptist Church in Mandaluyong where this morning we were informed by a passerby that a poor cat was in a cage with this Python, presumably to be eaten by the snake. Luckily a cat lover nearby responded and let the cat out of the cage. Animal Welfare groups will be investigating this matter.

http://www.ibc.org.ph/

via CARA Welfare Phils facebook page https://www.facebook.com/CARAPhil

Whada****! No, seriously. Pero I really don't know why a church keeps a snake for a pet and why feed a pet to their pet.

CAT IN CAGE WITH PYTHON Report

This morning (12/20/2012) at 9am, Jamie Villanueva and I went to International Baptist Church at Barangka Drive in Mandaluyong where the picture of the cat in a cage with a full-grown python was taken. Jamie and I went as representatives of Cat Care Philippines to talkk to the Head Pastor James Tica. Unfortunately, he was not there but we were able to sit down and talk to Reverend Regor Bacani. It was a very productive and open meeting with him.

We gave him an account of how one of the CCP members alerted us about a cat in a cage with a python along with a posted picture which we also showed him. We also told him about how Jamie personally went yesterday afternoon to IBC, talk to the caretaker/boys and insist that the cat be freed which was exactly what happened. Then we asked him if they had a permit to keep a python which he admitted they didn’t have. All this time, I had already contacted the DENR to find out from their database if a certain James Tica was issued a license to keep an exotic burmese python to which I got a reply that there wasn’t any.

In the course of our talk, we learned that Rev Regor is already conducting an investigation among his “boys” on who put the cat in the python cage. It turns out that the IBC takes in these young teenage boys who have “lost” their way and try to reform them. They do what they can to steer them away from drugs and bad habits/company but they’re really not strictly supervised. This is the background. Rev Regor is sure that the cat was intentionally placed in the cage, most probably by one of his boys and that is what he’s trying to get ti the bottom of. Last year, there was a similar incident that happened which reached the barangay level since the cat had an owner.

The more important part of our meeting was the discussion on the suggestion of him instructing his boys on the animal welfare act and how compassion should not be limited to people but to animals as well, which he wholeheartedly agreed with. He admitted too, that after last year’s incident, even the barangay said they should not get other people’s cats which may have been misinterpreted by the boys as “it’s ok if they’re strays” which is still wrong. Last but not least, Rev Regor also said that the python named Lala, has become a burden for them to keep because no one can really devote as much time as they used to for its care. I told them that they should surrender the python to DENR and that I can facilitate it since the DENR has already been alerted to its existence and without a license, they are actually breaking the law. They assured us that they will surrender the python. The DENR agreed that the reps of CCP will witness the turnover of the python this first week of January.

From this incident, we see that there really is a need to educate the general public on animal welfare. Even at barangay level, people treat strays as dispensable (whether cats or dogs) which is so wrong. We even broached the idea of TNR (Trap Neuter Release) which actually helps the community as a whole because rat/mouse population is kept at a minimum.

Thank you to everyone. Good has come out from this rescue exercise

This is from a certain Peachy Rallonza-Bretaña.

Quote Originally Posted by schizo_me View Post
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/c0.0.403.403/p403x403/271182_10200216044267048_931972228_n.jpg

This is the website of a Baptist Church in Mandaluyong where this morning we were informed by a passerby that a poor cat was in a cage with this Python, presumably to be eaten by the snake. Luckily a cat lover nearby responded and let the cat out of the cage. Animal Welfare groups will be investigating this matter.

http://www.ibc.org.ph/

via CARA Welfare Phils facebook page https://www.facebook.com/CARAPhil
    Arrrghhh! Nakakapang init naman ng ulo 'to! Buti nalang na rescue agad. Walang kamuwang muwang yung pusa na anytime makakain na siya. Haay mga tao talaga, meron talagang ibang di ginagamit ang utak. Dati may kapitbahay din kaming nag aalaga ng python, hindi ko alam if my license yung pet niya. I fear for my own cats and other stray cats life in our street during those times kasi puro puspin pa mga pets ko so they tend to roam around, eh minsan yung python nakawala ng bahay nila! Buti walang nakaing kahit anong living things. Good thing hindi na nag aalaga ng exotic pets yung kapitbahay namin na yun. Napaka iresponsable...

Quote Originally Posted by proudtobepinoy View Post

doomed365: Adapt ko nga kaso kahapon lumabas ng gate di na bumalik
    aww hindi mo na mahanap kahit sa neighbors? wawa naman liit liit pa naman nya..

Kawawa yung pusa dun ah. Di nya alam yung mangyayari sa kanya. Buti that time medyo busog pa si Lala.

nung bata ako mahilig ako sa pusa. kakamiss tuloy si muning.

Sa bagong thread ng mga Cat Lovers.

Angkukyut talaga ng mga pusa.

Christmas na CAT LOVERS!

Do you guys give something special to ypur pets this Christmas?

Depende, nung birthday ni Juno binilan ko sya ng maraming canned food tapos maraming treats, tapos hindi nya naman pala kakainin, kaya pala buy 2 take 5 yun, taenang shrimp flavor yan. , tapos binilan ko rin sya ng malaking litter box

dapat bibilan ko din sya ng catnip kaso wala ako mahanap.

EDIT:

Ngayon wala akong regalo, hahahahaha!

^haha ano hitsura ni Juno?

Merry Catmas, fellow cat lovers.

Quote Originally Posted by strandedstranger View Post
    Do you guys give something special to ypur pets this Christmas?
    I'll probably buy them chicken ham and some toy mice.

Quote Originally Posted by strandedstranger View Post
    ^haha ano hitsura ni Juno?
    Hehehe... eto sya

Naging member nga pala sya ng pamilya namen bago mag-new year, gusto ko kasi pagnagsimula ang taon nasa amin na sya, kung mag-aadopt ka, try mo rin diba, bago ang pagpasok ng bagong taon.

EDIT:

Eto pa yung isang pic nya..
    mahilig sya tumingin-tingin sa labas..

Page 2 of 62 First 1 2 3 12 52 ... Last