PEx Highlights

PHOTOS: Defending Champs Ateneo KOs NU

The Ateneo Lady Eagles successfully opened their campaign with a three-set victory over the NU Lady Bulldogs, 25-21, 25-18, 25-15.

read more

REVIEW: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1

It feels forced and stretched. But hey, it's still Mockingjay. Check out our full review here!

read more

PHOTOS: UST Sweeps UE in Season Opener

The UST Tigresses had no problems to start off their season as they swept the UE Lady Warriors in 3 sets, 25-11, 25-12, 25-14.

read more

10 Things to Watch Out for in UAAP Volleyball

We list down 10 things to look forward to this season from the Miefer Fever to EJ Laure and Jaja Santiago's crucial role for their respective teams!

read more

FEATURE: BasketBros: PBA's Best Buddies

We take a look at twelve couples who have formed relationships like real life brothers. Meet our BasketBros!

read more

The Best of 2014: PExers Choice Awards

Come one, come all! Voting for The Best of 2014: PExers Choice Awards has officially begun. Click here to cast a vote!

read more

Page 33 of 249 FirstFirst ... 23 32 33 34 43 83 133 ... LastLast
    Phil. Star, May 20, 2013

Carla in a ‘queer’ comeback
    by Tinnie P. Esguerra

Ang dami namang ni-reveal ni Carla sa kuwento.

This is Miss Suzy's work kaya papanoorin ko to!

Quote Originally Posted by ipopi View Post
    Phil. Star, May 20, 2013

Carla in a ‘queer’ comeback
    by Tinnie P. Esguerra

http://imageshack.us/a/img28/8014/ent6s.jpg

Ang dami namang ni-reveal ni Carla sa kuwento.

OMG ang dami nga nya nareal sa storyline.
    Dapat hindi na nagpapainterview mga artista maging general na lang sana sa interview or kaya to do teaser sa TV, Radio, Print and Online.

so MAGBFF pala dito si Carl and Eric--- mala Will and Grace
    evil mother-in-law--- mukhang si Kuh Ledesma ito
    Vincent will do his best to a family man--- mukhang magiging malungkot ang life ni Vincent kasi he might choose his family responsibilities than his happiness.
    Hopefully in the end matanggap ni Lally na beki talaga si Vincent and he needs to be happy at magmove on na sya and will find the right STRAIGHT GUY for him-- huwag lang si Magno Pancho, hamon sya umacting

Quote Originally Posted by saltynutz01 View Post
    that's what I was going to write too
    gay lingo yata more associated with flaming gay
    hindi naman malamya dito sina Tom at Dennis dito

kung meron malamya character sa cast; maybe they can use it
    wag naman sana mag gay lingo.. discreet nga at masculine diba

Quote Originally Posted by Rahu_Mantal View Post
    sobrang perfect na to kung 'SOMETIME SOMEWHERE' ang theme song. kinanta yun ni Regine Velasquez pero for this soap, pwedeng gawan ni Chirtian Bautista ng cover. Pakinggan nyo at intindihin ang lyrics non. Nakakaiyak, sobrang swak sa story.

Sana version nalang ni Regine gamitin...tagos sa puso!

kakaiyak!

We speak but the words we say mean nothing.
    We smile but the smiles we give are wanting.
    We look upon each other's eyes, no spark
    No glow, no real signs, but we both know
    This is all for show

Until that sometime, somewhere,
    We could show the world we have each other
    Sometime, somewhere we need not hide our feelings,
    We just keep on believing that we both have the time together
    Sometime and somewhere, our lips would be free at last
    You say the words we've hungered to say
    And we won't have to worry, we smile we won't say sorry
    One look and we have cast our fears aside.

Sometime, that sometime will turn to forever, for all time.
    Somewhere, our somewhere would not just be one place,
    But everywhere

Until that sometime, somewhere,
    We just have to be content with stealing glances
    Somehow, content with saying nothing,
    smiles are always wanting.
    Though deep inside it hurts
    Because we know that our love, like love,
    Is what it is, it's what we got
    Our love, like love we'll have to wait
    Until that sometime, somewhere

Sometime, somewhere,
    We just have to be content with stealing glances
    Somehow, content with saying nothing,
    smiles are always wanting.
    Though deep inside it hurts
    Because we know that our love, like love,
    Is what it is, it's what we got
    Our love, like love we'll have to wait
    Until that sometime, somewhere

nakakaiyak naman yang SOMETIME SOMEWHERE in Regine... pero parang masrelevant yung
    IKAW PA RIN ni AICELLE SANTOS na theme song

bagay sa character ni Carla
    bagay din sa character ni Tom and Dennis --- since FIRST LOVE sila

pero suggestion lang naman ito

Quote Originally Posted by baby_danny View Post
    wag naman sana mag gay lingo.. discreet nga at masculine diba
    kung meron FAGHAG na character pwede sya mag gay lingo
    pero ayaw ko rin mag gay lingo sina Dennis at Tom dito

Nako, busalan ang bibig ni Carla! Masyado yata siyang na-excite, baka magalit si Ms. Suzi neto.
    Pero in fairness lalo akong naexcite dahil sa mga nireveal niya. Interesting talaga yung stroy, hope it won't disappoint.
    I still think the best theme song would be Kung Mahal Mo Siya by Jay-R.

Carla Abellana stars in unusual love triangle
    By Isah V. Red | Posted on May. 19, 2013 at 6:03pm |

IT SEEMS that the Kapuso network’s sensibilities on relationships is several decades late. Just recently, it called some members of the entertainment media to meet Carla Abellana, one of its stars, for a brief chat on what she is up to on the soap opera front.

Abellana, who I was with in Legazpi City a couple of weeks back to act as judges in the province’s beauty search called Daragang Magayon 2013, described her role excitedly when we sat down with her. “I will play a woman whose husband is gay!” she announced.

Carla Abellana stars in GMA’s new teleserye
    “And so?” we said. “Well, in the story, nobody knows about it except me and my husband!”

“Wow, that’s exciting!” I countered.

Abellana continued, “And despite what I know about him that he also has a gay lover I will fight to make the marriage work.”

Uh-oh. I think that’s a bad idea, even if in reality there are indeed marriages between gay men and straight women. Unless, the wife decides that they can have their own sexual life separately and the husband agrees so without jeopardizing his marital and parental support to their children. But even in real life, that seems impossible. There are marriages that have been broken because the husbands are latent homosexuals. In short, the gay husband is moneyed enough to buy her silence. That happens in real life, too.

But the creative group of GMA Network is simplifying the issue of marriage between a straight woman and a gay man and turns it into a soap opera. My concern is how the audience (of soap operas) whose demographics is between the ages 18 and 60, mostly female and belonging to economic classes of upper C and E would react to this situation.

Guess who plays the gay lover to Carla’s husband? Dennis Trillo is it!

Will Trillo’s presence in this soap enough to pull the ratings the network is so desperate to have?

How will the creative group prolong the dramaturgy of this kind of equation? I just hope it doesn’t bore the audience to sleep or restless to start toying with the TV’s remote control then end up watching a show on a competing network.

I say, God help the Kapuso network! It seems its creative group is running out of steam and think a gay drama is the only way out of the network’s doldrums in primetime programming.

Grabe naman makapanghusga ang writer na 'to. I bet manonood din naman siya.

^ I can't understand his thinking. Gay pa naman siya. He should be happy that a local network is taking a risk in doing a series about latent gays. Ayaw ba niyang mas maintindihan sila ng lipunan Takot siguro siya na maging katawa-tawa o kinaiinisan ang mga gays pero sinasabi naman ni Ms. Suzi na they'll make it a real drama na sensitive and honest. Gano'n din ang gusto ni direk Dominic na mangyari.

Quote Originally Posted by ipopi View Post
    ^ I can't understand his thinking. Gay pa naman siya. He should be happy that a local network is taking a risk in doing a series about latent gays. Ayaw ba niyang mas maintindihan sila ng lipunan Takot siguro siya na maging katawa-tawa o kinaiinisan ang mga gays pero sinasabi naman ni Ms. Suzi na they'll make it a real drama na sensitive and honest. Gano'n din ang gusto ni direk Dominic na mangyari.
    gumagawa lang yung writer ng ingay para maslalo mapagusapan itong series...
    baka nga concern lang sya dahil si GAY LOVER ay parang KIRIDA dito parang kontrabida ng story at it might damage the gay image in society

pero sanay na ako sa ganyan writing... dami nega showbiz writers... CRAB MENTALITY kasi
    bet ko panonorin rin nya ang series na ito
    echoserang frog

Quote Originally Posted by jasdi127 View Post
    Nako, busalan ang bibig ni Carla! Masyado yata siyang na-excite, baka magalit si Ms. Suzi neto.
    Pero in fairness lalo akong naexcite dahil sa mga nireveal niya. Interesting talaga yung stroy, hope it won't disappoint.
    I still think the best theme song would be Kung Mahal Mo Siya by Jay-R.
    yung BUBBLE song na lang ni Sebastian Castro ang gawin theme song CHOS

may GAY MARRIAGE din kaya mangyayari din sa show

sana meron ELEVATOR kissing scene parang ganito from
    "NO NIGHT IS TOO LONG" tv movie based on a novel

Quote Originally Posted by jasdi127 View Post
    Carla Abellana stars in unusual love triangle
    By Isah V. Red | Posted on May. 19, 2013 at 6:03pm |

IT SEEMS that the Kapuso network’s sensibilities on relationships is several decades late. Just recently, it called some members of the entertainment media to meet Carla Abellana, one of its stars, for a brief chat on what she is up to on the soap opera front.

Abellana, who I was with in Legazpi City a couple of weeks back to act as judges in the province’s beauty search called Daragang Magayon 2013, described her role excitedly when we sat down with her. “I will play a woman whose husband is gay!” she announced.

Carla Abellana stars in GMA’s new teleserye
    “And so?” we said. “Well, in the story, nobody knows about it except me and my husband!”

“Wow, that’s exciting!” I countered.

Abellana continued, “And despite what I know about him that he also has a gay lover I will fight to make the marriage work.”

Uh-oh. I think that’s a bad idea, even if in reality there are indeed marriages between gay men and straight women. Unless, the wife decides that they can have their own sexual life separately and the husband agrees so without jeopardizing his marital and parental support to their children. But even in real life, that seems impossible. There are marriages that have been broken because the husbands are latent homosexuals. In short, the gay husband is moneyed enough to buy her silence. That happens in real life, too.

But the creative group of GMA Network is simplifying the issue of marriage between a straight woman and a gay man and turns it into a soap opera. My concern is how the audience (of soap operas) whose demographics is between the ages 18 and 60, mostly female and belonging to economic classes of upper C and E would react to this situation.

Guess who plays the gay lover to Carla’s husband? Dennis Trillo is it!

Will Trillo’s presence in this soap enough to pull the ratings the network is so desperate to have?

How will the creative group prolong the dramaturgy of this kind of equation? I just hope it doesn’t bore the audience to sleep or restless to start toying with the TV’s remote control then end up watching a show on a competing network.

I say, God help the Kapuso network! It seems its creative group is running out of steam and think a gay drama is the only way out of the network’s doldrums in primetime programming.

Grabe naman makapanghusga ang writer na 'to. I bet manonood din naman siya.

ironically among the three networks, GMA pa nga ang mas creative at experimental pagdating sa theme at kwento ng teleserye. sila itong nagpupush ng genre beyond the conventional bounds. while others are content to perpetrate the formulaic cliches of drama or fantasy, GMA tries to innovate with unexplored, even provocative material na di nawawalan ng social relevance. remember Haram? in the end I think this innovation will pay off and the network knows it. history always sides with those who try to experiment rather than those who get stuck in their comfort zones. at competitive pero di naman desperado sa ratings ngayon ang Kapuso network. they just emerged from a very good first quarter in terms of net profit. so they're in a position where experimentation is a matter of making a difference rather than scrambling for survival. so GMA, bring it on! kumontra na lang dyan yung mga nakatira pa sa Middle Age pero wala rin silang magagawa.

Based sa sinabi ni Carla sa interview, mukhang hindi DenTom ang ending nito at magstay si Tom kay CArla.

Sa bagay ang biggest conflict kasi dito ay yung kids niya kay Carla, so baka ang ending iaaccept nalang ni Carla yung pagkatao niya at patawarin siya for the sake of their family tas si Dennis i-let go nalang ang pagibig niya kay Tom dahil nakakasira siya ng pamilya.

Or SANA nga na may mameet si Carla na bagong guy para DenTom ang ending. Yun nga lang paano nila ipapaintindi sa mga anak nila na their dad is gay at may ibang mahal kaya dahil dun magiging broken family na sila?

Basta dapat ang ending dito lahat ng main characters magiging masaya. CarlaTom or DenTom man, dapat kung sino yung maiiwan bigyan ng partner sa huli! Kahit open ending lang yung alam mong hindi magiging miserable yung buhay nung naiwan.

Parang si JUN HEE ng ANSWER ME 1997(K-DRAMA) open ending ang story line niya.

Quote Originally Posted by marshy02 View Post
    Based sa sinabi ni Carla sa interview, mukhang hindi DenTom ang ending nito at magstay si Tom kay CArla.

Sa bagay ang biggest conflict kasi dito ay yung kids niya kay Carla, so baka ang ending iaaccept nalang ni Carla yung pagkatao niya at patawarin siya for the sake of their family tas si Dennis i-let go nalang ang pagibig niya kay Tom dahil nakakasira siya ng pamilya.

Or SANA nga na may mameet si Carla na bagong guy para DenTom ang ending. Yun nga lang paano nila ipapaintindi sa mga anak nila na their dad is gay at may ibang mahal kaya dahil dun magiging broken family na sila?

Basta dapat ang ending dito lahat ng main characters magiging masaya. CarlaTom or DenTom man, dapat kung sino yung maiiwan bigyan ng partner sa huli! Kahit open ending lang yung alam mong hindi magiging miserable yung buhay nung naiwan.

Parang si JUN HEE ng ANSWER ME 1997(K-DRAMA) open ending ang story line niya.
    Yung nga ang conflict who will Tom choice.
    In real life naman meron ganun. The gay husband came out to his wife tapos they filed for a divorce. Now gay husband have a new boyfriend at si wife naman meron na new husband. Happy lahat...

Madali naman ipaintindi sa anak that he/she has a gay father. Watch mo yung movie ni Madonna at Rupert Everett, THE NEXT BEST THING.

Watch mo itong video about GAY DADs

Pil. Star Ngayon, May 21, 2013

Dennis atat na sa bromance kay Tom
    ni Nitz Miralles

Kundi kahapon, ngayong Martes ang first taping day ng My Husband’s Lover, pero nag-pictorial na ang buong cast. Curious na kaming makita ang mga litrato nina Dennis Trillo at Tom Rodriguez.

Bromance serye ang tawag sa My Husband’s Lover at may mga nagsasabi ng ito ang TV version ng movie na Brokeback Mountain na hindi pala pinanood ni Dennis. Ngayon, kailangan niyang panoorin ang pelikula nina Jake Gyllenhaal at Heath Ledger.

Excited na si Dennis. Big challenge ito sa kanya dahil hindi alam kung paano tatanggapin ng viewers.

Page 33 of 249 FirstFirst ... 23 32 33 34 43 83 133 ... LastLast