how to take care of your leather shoes? | Style and Fashion | PinoyExchange

X

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

how to take care of your leather shoes?

wala akong idea dun sa mga kiwi, cream, polish etc na nilalagay
    not into shiny... gusto ko lang malinis tsaka walang gasgas. usually kasi masagi lang may scratch na

pano nyo po inaalagaan leather shoes nyo lalo na pag maulan?

Nagasgasan din leather shoes ko sa bandang unahan. Takte. Pinentel-pen ko muna para di kita. Kaso need ko pa darker. Hayyy

Anu reco guys?

Wag gamitin sa ulan. Or kung gusto mo talaga gamitin, may spray for waterproofing.

As for gasgas, wala ganon talaga. Kaya I stopped wearing my good shoes na pang-lakad. Pag maglalakad ako, I have a pair of flats.

Quote Originally Posted by sliceoftime View Post
    Wag gamitin sa ulan. Or kung gusto mo talaga gamitin, may spray for waterproofing.

As for gasgas, wala ganon talaga. Kaya I stopped wearing my good shoes na pang-lakad. Pag maglalakad ako, I have a pair of flats.
    Ikaw na! Hahahaha No comment na nga lang.

@Topic:

How about yung mga umiikot na nag-shoe-shine? Maayos kaya nila yung natuklap na shiny part?

My brain only has 512mb! K.I.L.L.'s Avatar
    To take care of shoes, you need the right tools and chemicals.

Firstly, get a proper shoe brush.

Next, get a good leather cleaner. Apple (not the computer company) makes great leather cleaning products. Autosol is a good and practical alternative.

Next get a good cream. Some creams are for specific colours. You can get a neutral one. I use mink oil and a cream from RM Williams.

For suede and nubuck, you would need a special tool that is like an eraser to clean these leathers.

Oh and get a good shoe tree. Each shoe needs a tree to keep its form. If you have boots, there are special shoe trees for these too.

Good luck!

it depends on the type of leather. for, the full grain leather it is just your plain shoe polish. use toothbrush to clean the grith. use moisturizer and wax for pig skin, calf skin and colored leather or else it will crack.

Leather shoes are not meant to use for rain, unless it is wterproof, otherwise use rainboots. :P

I only use mink oil to polish all my leather goods.

Wag ka nga. Ayan nag salita na the experts.

Bakit natutuklap yung leather ng shoes mo? Leather ba talaga yan? Baka naman pleather yan?

How about shredded heels? Ito ang pinaka nakakainis since you can't control the type of ground you walk on.

Quote Originally Posted by JobyBryant24 View Post
    Ikaw na! Hahahaha No comment na nga lang.

@Topic:

How about yung mga umiikot na nag-shoe-shine? Maayos kaya nila yung natuklap na shiny part?

Monthly routine.

Punta ka sa Rustan's. Marami dun shoe care from Allen Edmonds.

^Yun oh. Talagang me oras para maglinis ah. Ayos ka sir! Haha

Anu yung nasa ibabaw ng brush?

Shoe Care from Doctor Martens

Dr. Martens shoes and boots are incredibly durable, but all leathers benefit from regular care and maintenance. Proper care can extend the life of your shoes, as well as keep them looking their best. Dr. Martens makes a full line of shoe care products that will help keep your shoes in shape. Some of the key Dr. Martens shoe care products are:

•Wonder Balsam: Cleans and restores all leathers other than suede types. Also protects against water and salt marks.
    •Dubbin: Softens and preserves greasy and waxy leathers adding a water-resistant coating.
    •Polish: Restores color and nourishes smooth leathers. Buffs up quickly to a high shine.
    •Protector: Protects all types of leather, suede, nubuck, and canvas from water and oily stains.
    •Suede and Fabric Cleaner: Removes stains and freshens suede type leathers.
    •Patent Cleaner: Cleans and preserves patent leather.
    •Shoe Shine Sponge: A silicone treated sponge to give all smooth leathers a quick high shine.

The funny one in Rom Coms
    I wore brand new leather shoes today from Ben Sherman

Na scuff ko na agad paglabas pa lang ng taxi.

How do I get rid of the scuffs and where can I buy (locally, and not so expensive) something to protect the leather with?

Wag na man yung bibili pa ko sa Amazon utang na loob, yung panghamak na mall goer lang

My brain only has 512mb! K.I.L.L.'s Avatar
    How bad are the scuffs?

You can buy a silicone-based spray that will help protect your shoes. A number of shops have stock them like True Value, Royal Sporting House and my go-to shop- Heel, Sew, Quik.

For the scuffs, go get some leather cream. You can buy cheap leather cream from Burlington which is available at SM or Landmark. I've bought some before at SM Makati. Better ones are available from Rustan's and Heel, Sew, Quik.

Now this is important - to get rid of the scuffs, brush your shoe first with a good shoe brush, then rub in the leather cream in small circular motions on the scuff until it absorbs it. Let it dry for 30 minutes then apply a second coating. Do a third or fourth if it is required. This can't be rushed as the cream needs to get absorbed first. Once you've put on enough, give the rest of the shoe a once-over just to make sure that your cream was evenly applied then let dry for 30 minutes then brush vigorously until you get a dull shine. Apply carnauba-based shoe wax. Kiwi is good. Let the wax dry then polish with your shoe brush until it shines.

Good luck!

i use Doc Marten's balm on all my leather shoes.

Your Personal Jesus F-A Soldier's Avatar
    I shine my shoes with Kiwi etc once every month or so, but every other use I use brush and lotion it.

Paano alagaan ang shoes ?

Well, gamitin ng gamitin para hindi daw mabilis maluma

Kapag nakatiwangwang lang sa cabinet, aamagin nga naman, titigas ang leather at mawawala sa porma... so gamitin from time to time

Shoes ko po... ...aaahhhh...

nakaka-dry ang kiwi ng true leader shoes.

Some of my shoes came with shoe bags. I don't think it is necessary but it does keep the dusts away.

Quote Originally Posted by cretinous00 View Post
    how can kiwi dry leather when it's just wax and a little coloring?
    wax but it is parffin wax which is a petroleum byproduct.

How about taking care of your leather topsiders/docksides?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last