PEx Highlights

PHOTOS: 'Captain Hook' Too Much for Ginebra

Mac Cardona impressed in a vintage 'Captain Hook' performance, putting up 25 points and 6 rebounds to lead NLEX over Ginebra, 97-81.

read more

PHOTOS: Rain or Shine Blows Out Kia

The Rain or Shine Elasto Painters defeated Kia Sorento in a blowout, 117-88.

read more

Inflatable robot Baymax takes the spotlight!

In Disney's Big Hero 6, a plus-sized inflatable robot named Baymax makes a difference in the life of teen prodigy Hiro Hamada.

read more

Top Male Celebrities

Did Joshua Garcia keep his spot as PEx's Top Male Celeb? Find out here!

read more

REVIEW: Beauty in a Bottle

Beauty in a Bottle is worth the look thanks to its witty and poignant script and terrific performances from its cast.

read more

PEx Halloween: Pinoy Horror Stories

Nakakita ka na ba ng aswang o multo? Nakaramdam ng masamang spirito at mga maligno? Kwento mo na dito!

read more

Page 1 of 44 1 2 11 ... LastLast

NCAA Season 89

NCAA Season 89

- Predictions
    - New Recruits
    - New Coaches

Discuss natin lahat dito!

Hi Bro, Kumusta!

Predictions - my team Bombers is rebuilding, Matute, Villarias and Carampil are all gone, F4 is not imminent again
    New Recruits - Pontejos from San Beda, 2 Africans (no specific details so far, for confirmation pa daw ang isa)
    New Coaches - si Vergel pa rin and his assistants as of today

More updates to come pag malapit na ang pre-season.

I think Vergel will stay. He also have a commitment in the PBA D-League. Unfortunately, only Mabulac and Porter are in the line up for the Air 21 - JRU Heavy Bombers that are eligible to play next season.

Maganda tignan si Miranda on a JRU uniform. Sayang lang at pinakawalan natin itong player na ito. He's doing well pa naman sa team B, but ganyan talaga.

Quote Originally Posted by etsok21 View Post
    Hi Bro, Kumusta!

Predictions - my team Bombers is rebuilding, Matute, Villarias and Carampil are all gone, F4 is not imminent again
    New Recruits - Pontejos from San Beda, 2 Africans (no specific details so far, for confirmation pa daw ang isa)
    New Coaches - si Vergel pa rin and his assistants as of today

More updates to come pag malapit na ang pre-season.

give UPHDS a year or two pa and they will contend for the finals.. depende pa sa makukuha nilang recruit pamalit kay trigger happy vidal next season.

with San Beda si abatayo pa lang naririnig ko.

to early pero eto tingin ko ang "mga" pwede pumasok sa f4 (not in order)

San Beda
    Uphds
    Letran (if Alas will stay)
    Baste (if pascual will stay pero sure naman may mga nakatago to)
    AU (isang solid recruit nalang contender na to isang solid big man na katulad nila babayemi at happi)

bottom 5:

heavily hit ang JRU with matute, villarias and Lopez gone...
    mit?? unless mag palit sila ng coach..
    csb?? walang balita? lalaro pa ba si lastimosa?

EAC?? decent team
    LPU major rebuilding parang NBA

opinion lang naman...

Quote Originally Posted by celtics View Post
    I think Vergel will stay. He also have a commitment in the PBA D-League. Unfortunately, only Mabulac and Porter are in the line up for the Air 21 - JRU Heavy Bombers that are eligible to play next season.

Maganda tignan si Miranda on a JRU uniform. Sayang lang at pinakawalan natin itong player na ito. He's doing well pa naman sa team B, but ganyan talaga.
    Oo nga pala Miranda is from our team B, nakuha sya ng baste since he is from Pampanga also. Si Lopez at Almario nga pala wala na rin next year. I think Dela Paz is also in our team at PBA D-League.

Dela Paz is in the making as a King Bomber, while Salaviera is a revelation. Hopefully, the San Beda connection in our line up will click. Give Mabulac and Porter some good skill coach they will be deadlier in their offense.

Quote Originally Posted by etsok21 View Post
    Oo nga pala Miranda is from our team B, nakuha sya ng baste since he is from Pampanga also. Si Lopez at Almario nga pala wala na rin next year. I think Dela Paz is also in our team at PBA D-League.

i kill trolls for breakfast kaboom_mit's Avatar
    FROM THE MAPUA THREAD

Team B Players:

1. Fil-Canadian Guard 5'10, has real good handles and has good courtvision.
    2. Fil-American Point Forward 6'4 (Josan's teammate sa Phoenix College), Prolific Scorer. Halos parehas lang stats niya kay Josan nung HS sila sa States.
    3. African Bigman 6'4-6'5 ang height. Medyo hilaw pa talaga pero madedevelop in due time.
    4. A homegrown Paolo Taha-like player 6'1-6'2 ang height.. very physical and can slash to the basket.
    5. Salud type Bigman 6'4 at most, so far sa kanya ako most impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by kaboom_mit View Post
    FROM THE MAPUA THREAD

Team B Players:

1. Fil-Canadian Guard 5'10, has real good handles and has good courtvision.
    2. Fil-American Point Forward 6'4 (Josan's teammate sa Phoenix College), Prolific Scorer. Halos parehas lang stats niya kay Josan nung HS sila sa States.
    3. African Bigman 6'4-6'5 ang height. Medyo hilaw pa talaga pero madedevelop in due time.
    4. A homegrown Paolo Taha-like player 6'1-6'2 ang height.. very physical and can slash to the basket.
    5. Salud type Bigman 6'4 at most, so far sa kanya ako most impressed.

sir coach walang balita kung papalitan?

My fearless forecast:

Mapua and Arellano will do some magic next season.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRidingDragon View Post
    My fearless forecast:

Mapua and Arellano will do some magic next season.
    From our site one Letranite made a bold prediction.

1. SBC
    2. Letran
    3. UPHD
    4. Mapua

Another Letran vs SBC in the finals is also imminent. The Knights want to regain what they lost. I don't know if they have a new recruit with a great impact but that is what I can feel right now.
    Is this the start of what we call new rivalry now that RL already surpassed the feat of LK ? Nobody knows pero for sure kikita na naman yan.

Quote Originally Posted by Norinco_45 View Post

1. SBC
    2. Letran
    3. UPHD
    4. Mapua

Another Letran vs SBC in the finals is also imminent. The Knights want to regain what they lost. I don't know if they have a new recruit with a great impact but that is what I can feel right now.
    Is this the start of what we call new rivalry now that RL already surpassed the feat of LK ? Nobody knows pero for sure kikita na naman yan.
    Too many uncertainties para i-lagay ang Letran sa 2nd spot. If Alas will stay, I think they'll be back in the playoffs. Pero kelangan pa ng pamalit kay Cortes. I'd put Baste there with their super recruits, but too many uncertainties din. Their fans have hyped guys like Dizon and Grilli and we all know what happened. But I think that Bradwyn guy is the real deal.

I'd also put Arellano sa mga 4th spot. With Forrester and Serjue, I think they'll go places. Idagdag pa si Frando and they have a potent 3-headed attack. I've watched Frando play and he's a good catch for Arellano. Idagdag mo pa si Coach Koy.

Perps may actually perform better without the trigger-happy Vidal. They'll build around Thompson-Babayemi-Omorogbe.

By the way, you may want to change your avatar. Hehe.

1. SBC
    2. Letran
    3. UPHD
    4. Mapua

Maglalaro pa ba si Almazan next year?

Quote Originally Posted by MakaveliLives View Post
    Too many uncertainties para i-lagay ang Letran sa 2nd spot. If Alas will stay, I think they'll be back in the playoffs. Pero kelangan pa ng pamalit kay Cortes. I'd put Baste there with their super recruits, but too many uncertainties din. Their fans have hyped guys like Dizon and Grilli and we all know what happened. But I think that Bradwyn guy is the real deal.

I'd also put Arellano sa mga 4th spot. With Forrester and Serjue, I think they'll go places. Idagdag pa si Frando and they have a potent 3-headed attack. I've watched Frando play and he's a good catch for Arellano. Idagdag mo pa si Coach Koy.

Perps may actually perform better without the trigger-happy Vidal. They'll build around Thompson-Babayemi-Omorogbe.

By the way, you may want to change your avatar. Hehe.
    Si Perez at De Vera din Mak magaling. Naalala namin noon na na-overhype si Grilli kasi tinatago. Pero d naman namin alam na hilaw pa kasi d pa namin nakita noon maglaro. Pero etong mga to siguradong magagaling na. Check nyo comments sa gameface nina Sir Sam Miguel at bchoter.

From Sir Sam Miguel

^^^ Bradwin Guinto is a bigger and more talented and athletic version of UE's Pari Llagas (and didn't Llagas come from San Sebastian Cavite?). Ateneo had been trying to get Guinto as far back as two or three years ago when the family was all still in Australia, but his father has old ties with Turo Valenzona and even then he indicated he's pick Baste if he did come to the Philippine Islands. Guinto looks like a legit 6-foot-5, maybe 6-foot-6, strongly built with broad shoulders and meaty arms. His footwork looks pretty solid and he shows good touch on the freethrows, crashes the boards hard as well.

Leo De Vera, a Fil-Am who looks like he's in the 6-foot-3 to 6-foot-4 range is probably the second-best athlete among the new recruits. He can dunk as easily as stick the medium jumper, can drive and post up with equal ease, might be the most fundamentally sound among the recruits as well. He is a tisoy version of Ford Arao. He had a put-back slam in traffic against the tough Informatics Icons in the semis.

Jaymar Perez came in by way of Lasalle, supposedly one of Danding Cojuangco's favorite provincial players out of Urdaneta, Pangasinan. This kid is a 6-foot-1 swingman who is relentless driving to the basket, can nail jumpers all the way out to the three-point arc and windmill dunk with two hands, cuts up defenses with his dribble-drive.

Larry Muyang looks like a legit 6-foot-5 and could indeed pass of as our resident UE guy Wangbu. Muyang is a classic lean big guy who gobbles up rebounds, gets a block here and there, and has some nifty post moves on his strong hand. He will need to put on at least another 20 meaningful pounds of muscle though since at his height he looks only 180 pounds soaking wet.

Joshua Grilli might be the odd man out here, a 6-foot-4 Fil-Am forward who hasn't figuerd out if he is a perimeter guy or a post guy. He's a solid enough athlete who can get up in the air but often gets double earfuls from Coach Allan Trinidad for being out of position on offense and defense, and not getting back down fast enough on the transition defense. He should probably stay at least another year on the B Stags to define his game.

Lean 5-foot-9 shooting guard Jason Pusiquit and stocky 5-foot-7 pointguard Gino Vergara will be hard pressed to dislodge any of the current NCAA Stags. Pusiquit has funky shotting mechanics and as of now cannot help his side if he isn't connecting from the outside. Vergara isn't quite getting the plays set for the B Stags, quite an indictment since all Allan Trinidad runs are variations of the motion offense and some pick-roll / screen-roll action.

From Sir bchoter

Spot on as usual, tokayo. Yes, Guinto reminds me of the polished version of Llagas with more size. If he takes on Pari's grit and toughness then he's going to be a force to reckon with as long as his eligibility allows. What happened with Guinto and ADMU? As far as 4 years back I heard he has committed to ADMU.

I was actually refering to De Vera and not Cortez. Second best athlete by with the best attitude. I'd take him over anybody else in this B team. He hardly complains, listens to his coaches, doesn't hesitate to ask questions, relates well with game officials, and jost goes hard each and every time he's on the court. And he's the best cheer leader on the bench. After a bone-headed move, Coach Allan was ready to chew his head off when he immediately aplogized and showed coach what should have done. Parang na shave bigla ang balbas ng cabalen at naging maamo .

The game comes to Perez easily. If he has his game on, basketball looks so easy, including acrobatics. Lakay Jaymar, call me maybe .

Grilli needs to get his head screwed in the right places. If setting plays were outlawed, this kid will be the next star. But plays and Grilli just can't be mentioned in the same sentence. Perhaps a year in Espana will help him better in defining his game.

http://www.gameface.ph/showthread.ph...463#post511463

Mas magandang hindi na sa taga Baste galing yung papuri para d bias.
    Last edited by jpmalpass; Nov 1, 2012 at 11:37 AM.

De Vera, foul counted against 6'7 African

Perez (Shooter din to)

Fearless forecast ko next year:
    - SBC
    - SSC-R
    - AU (Yung mga recruits na sinabi ni Mak tapos dagdag mo pa si Keith Agovida. Siguradong F4 Team to tsaka magaling din Coach)
    - UPHDS

1. SBC
    2. Letran
    3. UPHD
    4. Mapua

before that can happen, Letran needs a new coach, or retain Louie alas, the way game 3 played out the Knights needs alot of catching up to do, for the sake of the ncaa i hope that they can make it interesting again. its better for the league.

16. Advertisement

I Love The KNIGHT Life Rafiboy_05's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reptar View Post
    Maglalaro
    pa ba si Almazan next year?
    yes. huling playing yeat niya.

I've heard good things about Perez din. I have to admit ngayon ko lang narinig si De Vera.

Si Guinto ilang taon na pinag-u-usapan sa IBP yan. Madami nga naglalaway diyan.

Excited nako sa Fil-Oil para magka-alaman na!

puro mga team b rin naman ang kalaban ng mga bagong recruits na yan!sa regular season ng NCAa kung talagang may sinabi yang mga yan!

Quote Originally Posted by jpmalpass View Post
    Si Perez at De Vera din Mak magaling. Naalala namin noon na na-overhype si Grilli kasi tinatago. Pero d naman namin alam na hilaw pa kasi d pa namin nakita noon maglaro. Pero etong mga to siguradong magagaling na. Check nyo comments sa gameface nina Sir Sam Miguel at bchoter.

From Sir Sam Miguel

^^^ Bradwin Guinto is a bigger and more talented and athletic version of UE's Pari Llagas (and didn't Llagas come from San Sebastian Cavite?). Ateneo had been trying to get Guinto as far back as two or three years ago when the family was all still in Australia, but his father has old ties with Turo Valenzona and even then he indicated he's pick Baste if he did come to the Philippine Islands. Guinto looks like a legit 6-foot-5, maybe 6-foot-6, strongly built with broad shoulders and meaty arms. His footwork looks pretty solid and he shows good touch on the freethrows, crashes the boards hard as well.

Leo De Vera, a Fil-Am who looks like he's in the 6-foot-3 to 6-foot-4 range is probably the second-best athlete among the new recruits. He can dunk as easily as stick the medium jumper, can drive and post up with equal ease, might be the most fundamentally sound among the recruits as well. He is a tisoy version of Ford Arao. He had a put-back slam in traffic against the tough Informatics Icons in the semis.

Jaymar Perez came in by way of Lasalle, supposedly one of Danding Cojuangco's favorite provincial players out of Urdaneta, Pangasinan. This kid is a 6-foot-1 swingman who is relentless driving to the basket, can nail jumpers all the way out to the three-point arc and windmill dunk with two hands, cuts up defenses with his dribble-drive.

Larry Muyang looks like a legit 6-foot-5 and could indeed pass of as our resident UE guy Wangbu. Muyang is a classic lean big guy who gobbles up rebounds, gets a block here and there, and has some nifty post moves on his strong hand. He will need to put on at least another 20 meaningful pounds of muscle though since at his height he looks only 180 pounds soaking wet.

Joshua Grilli might be the odd man out here, a 6-foot-4 Fil-Am forward who hasn't figuerd out if he is a perimeter guy or a post guy. He's a solid enough athlete who can get up in the air but often gets double earfuls from Coach Allan Trinidad for being out of position on offense and defense, and not getting back down fast enough on the transition defense. He should probably stay at least another year on the B Stags to define his game.

Lean 5-foot-9 shooting guard Jason Pusiquit and stocky 5-foot-7 pointguard Gino Vergara will be hard pressed to dislodge any of the current NCAA Stags. Pusiquit has funky shotting mechanics and as of now cannot help his side if he isn't connecting from the outside. Vergara isn't quite getting the plays set for the B Stags, quite an indictment since all Allan Trinidad runs are variations of the motion offense and some pick-roll / screen-roll action.

From Sir bchoter

Spot on as usual, tokayo. Yes, Guinto reminds me of the polished version of Llagas with more size. If he takes on Pari's grit and toughness then he's going to be a force to reckon with as long as his eligibility allows. What happened with Guinto and ADMU? As far as 4 years back I heard he has committed to ADMU.

I was actually refering to De Vera and not Cortez. Second best athlete by with the best attitude. I'd take him over anybody else in this B team. He hardly complains, listens to his coaches, doesn't hesitate to ask questions, relates well with game officials, and jost goes hard each and every time he's on the court. And he's the best cheer leader on the bench. After a bone-headed move, Coach Allan was ready to chew his head off when he immediately aplogized and showed coach what should have done. Parang na shave bigla ang balbas ng cabalen at naging maamo .

The game comes to Perez easily. If he has his game on, basketball looks so easy, including acrobatics. Lakay Jaymar, call me maybe .

Grilli needs to get his head screwed in the right places. If setting plays were outlawed, this kid will be the next star. But plays and Grilli just can't be mentioned in the same sentence. Perhaps a year in Espana will help him better in defining his game.

http://www.gameface.ph/showthread.ph...463#post511463

Mas magandang hindi na sa taga Baste galing yung papuri para d bias.
    wow if this turn out true blue... ***** pa lang nakakatakot na ang San Sebastian I hope gumana pa din ang kontrapelo at mag stay si Kevin Alas at marecruit si Rey Nambatac... Letran needs a lot of catching from the looks of this blue chip rookie of baste..

Kevin Alas will stay.

Page 1 of 44 1 2 11 ... LastLast