PEx Highlights

PHOTOS: Defending Champs Ateneo KOs NU

The Ateneo Lady Eagles successfully opened their campaign with a three-set victory over the NU Lady Bulldogs, 25-21, 25-18, 25-15.

read more

10 Things to Watch Out for in UAAP Volleyball

We list down 10 things to look forward to this season from the Miefer Fever to EJ Laure and Jaja Santiago's crucial role for their respective teams!

read more

The Best of 2014: PExers Choice Awards

Come one, come all! Voting for The Best of 2014: PExers Choice Awards has officially begun. Click here to cast a vote!

read more

FEATURE: BasketBros: PBA's Best Buddies

We take a look at twelve couples who have formed relationships like real life brothers. Meet our BasketBros!

read more

REVIEW: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1

It feels forced and stretched. But hey, it's still Mockingjay. Check out our full review here!

read more

PHOTOS: UST Sweeps UE in Season Opener

The UST Tigresses had no problems to start off their season as they swept the UE Lady Warriors in 3 sets, 25-11, 25-12, 25-14.

read more

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by icol View Post
    Sobrang naeexcite na ako dito. Hindi ko naman inexpect na after Paperboy, ambilis ng pagitan nila ng Stoker. Waaah. Yeheyyyyyyyyy!
    malay natin, relyebo pala ang shooting in between The Paperboy and Stoker

just got from the Advanced Screening of "Stoker" awhile ago from Robinsons Movieworld and i must say that i loved it (while my friend hated it coz she found it so sick, i told her after the movie to see Oldboy but said no, hahaha)

those who are not familiar with how sick some Korean psycho-thrillers could ever get would get the shock of their lives like my friend. and i don't think i have to spoil some of them for you, some of those are already suggested at the trailer.

there are times where watching this film felt so much like watching a Korean thriller except that the only Koreans in this film are the director and some crew if you saw the opening credits and the cast consisted of Caucasians which means eliminating the "need to read the movie". it works for the movie's advantage and you simply have to brace yourself for whatever crazy sh!t is bound to happen knowing that as early as the first 15 minutes of the movie, you get the gist that the widowed mother is not the only psychologically unstable among the characters.

the long shots are nice that they should have done away with the shaky cam treatment. besides the performances that the cast dished out are brilliant. it's like imagine seeing some psychologically disturbed people who try their darnest to act normal (at least, they try) but fail because the people around them could see how unstable are they. that's how i perceived, India, her mother and Charlie turned out to be.

colorful cinematography that complimented the subliminal use of musical scoring and nuanced performances that looked like suppressed boiling kettles (on the brink of bursting), i enjoyed the film. i know my movie companion would call me sick in the head for saying it but perhaps i am like India who get attracted to the sick and disturbing without knowing totally why

will this be a good date movie... hahahaha... already watched SLP eh but my date has not kaya pinagiisipan ko tuloy...

I actually found the movie interesting, being a fan of dark movies. It's a dark, twisted, fairy tale of sorts.

Quote Originally Posted by hydrangea View Post
    I actually found the movie interesting, being a fan of dark movies. It's a dark, twisted, fairy tale of sorts.
    of course, nice to meet you pala at the premiere

Quote Originally Posted by jingdalagan View Post
    of course, nice to meet you pala at the premiere
    same here. nice meeting you too.

opens nationwide na bukas ang Stoker! I will watch it legit.

stoker ad in gif format

Opens today!

PROMO: Stoker 'Win a Limited Edition Poster'

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE PROMO

After India's (Wasikowska's) father dies in an auto accident, her Uncle Charlie (Goode), who she never knew existed, comes to live with her and her emotionally unstable mother Evelyn (Kidman). Soon after his arrival, she comes to suspect this mysterious, charming man has ulterior motives, but instead of feeling outrage or horror, this friendless girl becomes increasingly infatuated with him.

Answer the movie question correctly and get a chance to be one of the three (3) winners who will win a STOKER limited edition poster.

CLICK THE PROMO PAGE HERE AND JOIN NOW:
    STOKER 'WIN A LIMITED EDITION POSTER' PROMO

View the Movie Trailer here:
    STOKER Movie Trailer
    Read the Movie Review here:
    STOKER Movie Review
    Discuss the movie here:
    STOKER Movie Thread

IN CINEMAS MARCH 01
    Like us on Facebook / Follow us on Twitter

PROMO: Stoker 'Win a Limited Edition Poster' Full Mechanics

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE PROMO

Promo Mechanics:
    1. Open to all registered PinoyExchange members. They must have a PinoyExchange username.
    2. A thread will be created where a promo question is published. The thread will be created in the PinoyExchange Promo forum as well as in the Movie sub-forum.
    3. Participants should answer the question correctly and provide contact details after answering the question.
    4. Participants who correctly answered the movie question will qualify for the prizes.
    5. Winners will be selected randomly by inputting all entries in an excel sheet and picking a number using a randomizer (www.random.org).
    6. The entry where the number of the row matched the number provided by the randomizer wins.
    7. One promo question will be posted within the duration of the promo.
    8. There will be three (3) winners in total.
    9. Winners will be notified by private message in PinoyExchange, announcement in the promo thread, and through SMS.
    10. The promo will end on March 15, 2012 (Friday) in the movie promo thread.

VIEW FULL MECHANICS

Stoker Music Video (The Making Of The Intl Teaser Poster)
    In cinemas MARCH 1

I LOVE IT!!

Nice Nice Nicole Kidman
    Mathew your so Goode
    Mama Mia!!! Wasikowska

at kahit maliit lang role ni Jacki Weaver may impact at si sheriff.

kung pinalabas to ng 2012 ito best movie sa akin ito dapat binibigyan ng awards from director , cast cinematographer .

PANALO!! 10/10 same kami ng rating ng Empire Magazine (sa pov ng di kilala yung director at di knows yung Oldboy na sinasabi)

Bee-doh bee-doh bee-doh bee QT II's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mylawhite View Post
    I LOVE IT!!

Nice Nice Nicole Kidman
    Mathew your so Goode
    Mama Mia!!! Wasikowska

at kahit maliit lang role ni Jacki Weaver may impact at si sheriff.

kung pinalabas to ng 2012 ito best movie sa akin ito dapat binibigyan ng awards from director , cast cinematographer .

PANALO!! 10/10 same kami ng rating ng Empire Magazine (sa pov ng di kilala yung director at di knows yung Oldboy na sinasabi)
    Jacki Weaver should count her blessings - she is also co-starring with Robert De Niro, Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper in The Silver Linings Playbook, which also opens this week

Can't wait to see this fcuk the siht out of me.

We don' t need to be friends... we' re family.--India Stoker

nung di ko pa siya napanood parang wala lang yung sinabi ni India na to sa trailer but after the movie may deep meaning pala yan.

OMG almost 24 hours na siya ng mapanood ko nasa mind ko pa rin ang movie thats the sign na may impact siya

at least dito sa Stoker, mas ramdam ang presence ni Jacki Weaver. sa SLP, she's just .... there

me talking to my friend while staring at our premiere tickets

her: he's gwapo
    me: he's the creepy kind of gwapo
    her: i like the creepy kind of gwapo

==========

during the film itself
    her: that girl is CREEPY
    me: and she's done anything yet

===========

halfway through the movie, parang hihingan na ako ng katabi ko ng barf bag. awa ng Diyos nakapagpigil siya

1 kidman and mia w. are two of the palest girls on screen.

2 matthew goode is good. i bet he'll get more offers after this.

3 for foreign directors like park, the best way to tell a story is visually with as little dialogue as possible. case in point Let the Right One in by tomas Alfredsson

4 sequel? the stoker trilogy?
    Last edited by booksale; Mar 2, 2013 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by booksale View Post
    1 kidman and mia w. are two of the palest girls on screen.

2 matthew goode is good. i bet he'll get more offers after this.

3 for foreign directors, the best way to tell a story is visually with as little dialogue as possible. case in point Let the Right One in by tomas Alfredsson

4 sequel? the stoker trilogy?
    rumor has it that it's a prequel entitled "Uncle Charlie"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast