THE 2012-2013 BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE SEASON
Rules and Mechanics
- Any PEx member who registered before JULY 2012 can participate in the PEx FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUE - SECOND SEASON.
- In order to play, each participant will complete a PREDICTION LIST of the upcoming league matches per gameweek of the current Barclays Premier League season (total of 38 gameweeks).
- Each gameweek regularly have 10 league matches, given that all 20 football clubs are playing. Participants will predict the match conclusions of each fixtures.
- League matches are usually played on weekends - Saturdays and Sundays. Some are scheduled midweek due to European/English Cup games. The DEADLINE for submission of prediction lists is every Saturday at 5PM (if BST) or 6PM ( if GMT) Philippine Standard Time.
- Participants will predict match conclusions by completing these three categories:
- Match Result: How the match ended? Home win, away win or a draw.
Ex. Manchester United vs Liverpool | Manchester United WIN
Manchester United vs Liverpool | Liverpool WIN
Manchester United vs Liverpool | DRAW
- Full time scores: At the end of match, what are the final scores of both clubs?
Ex. Manchester United vs Liverpool | Liverpool WIN | 1:3
Manchester United vs Liverpool | Manchester United WIN | 2:0
Manchester United vs Liverpool | DRAW | 1:1
- Goal scorer*: Choose a player who will score a goal in the match
Ex. Manchester United vs Liverpool | Liverpool WIN | 1:3 | Steven Gerrard
Manchester United vs Liverpool | Manchester United WIN | 2:0 | Wayne Rooney
Manchester United vs Liverpool | DRAW | 1:1 | Luis Suarez
Manchester United vs Liverpool | DRAW | 0-0 | (blank)**
*A point is earned for every goal the chosen goalscorer has scored.
**In the event that a match ended in a scoreless draw,
if the participant did not choose a goalscorer, a point is awarded,
otherwise no point will be earned.
- A point is scored for every correct prediction per category. The total points earned in each gameweek will be tallied. The ranking of participants will be released every week (midweek).
- For the entire season, points earned per gameweek will be added to the running tally and after the last gameweek, the participant who accumulated the most number of points will be declared the PEx Fantasy Football League Champion.
Fantasy League pins for all official participants.
The player who garnered the most points in a given month will be recognized as the PEX Fantasy Football Player of the Month which will be announced on the first or second friday the following month.
Promotion to Champions League Fantasy Football
Players occupying the top 10 spots after Gameweek 15 (December 1, 2012) will be eligible to play for the PEX Champions League Fantasy Football which will start on the knockout stages of the UEFA Champions League.(December 14, 2012)
Fantasy Football Games
There will be 2 Game formats for this season of PEX Fantasy Football
- PEX Fantasy Football (Prediction Game)
- Fantasy Premier League (Managerial Game)
Scores and standings from Fantasy Premier League will be posted in this thread.
There will be 4 Champions of Fantasy Football this season
- 1 winner from PEX Fantasy Football League (Prediction Game)
- 1 winner from PEX Fantasy Champions League (Prediction Game)
- 1 winner from Fantasy Premier League - PEX Football League (Classic)
- 1 winner from Fantasy Premier League - PEX Premier League (Head to Head)
If a player manages to win two or three out of the four games, then he will achieve the Double or Treble respectively.
The Champion of the PEX Fantasy Football League (Prediction Game) this season will receive a brandnew England Home Shirt as sponsored by Pinoy Exchange.