PEx Highlights

REVIEW: The Trial

If there's one particular asset the film has, it's the ensemble.

read more

PHOTOS: Kia Victorious in Battle of Newcomers

LA Revilla (23pts, 7rebs) stole away the spotlight off of boxing champ Manny Pacquiao's PBA debut, as he rallied Kia over Blackwater 80-66.

read more

Show Me Your Winning Teeths!

Merly and Chelsey are back for a new season of SMYT and they are 'happy to serve' you a new episode about the Miss World pageant and the UAAP Finals.

read more

PROMO: Big Hero 6

Join the promo and get a chance to win special screening tickets to Big Hero 6!

read more

PHOTOS: Aguilar, Ginebra Bully Talk N Text

Ginebra had no problems in their opening campaign after a 101-81 win over TNT. Japeth Aguilar proved to be too much for the Texters with his game-high 18pts, 18rebs and 5 blks.

read more

PHOTOS: 40th PBA Season Opening Ceremony

Ellen Adarna, Megan Young and Alice Dixson led the parade of team muses yesterday during the Opening Ceremony of the new PBA season. Check our gallery here!

read more

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GMA 7 - H.O.T. TV: Hindi Ordinaryong Tsismis

Heto na ang eksplosibong pagbabago sa telebisyon, ang HOT TV.

Hosted by Asias Songbird Regine Velasquez, Roderick Paulate, Raymond Gutierrez, Jennylyn Mercado

Paapak

Congrats HOTtv for the pilot episode!

I just have to say that it was Regine who made me wanna watch it.
    Medyo awkward pa makita sya hosting a show like this. Pero she seemed natural as always, esp sa live, nakakatuwa mga hirit nya.
    I also like Kuya D!ck, walang kyems

The stage is good. Kudos to Direk Rico Buti na lang sa kanya na-assign to kahit papano may class

It was a good pilot, nothing special though.
    Parang may kulang at di pa agad maa-absorb ng tao bilang nasanay tayo sa straight chismis every sunday

Sana more spice at relevant topics. Bawasan ang mga kababalaghan at usaping nakikita na madalas sa ibang shows like Jessica, Korina, Wish ko lang etc..
    I know they're living up to the show's name- Hindi Ordinaryo, but they should not veer away from the usual Sunday habit kung saan mas interesado ang marami which is chismis and celebrities.

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx...bCategoryId=70

MANILA, Philippines - Being on the hot seat is not just a rite of passage for celebrities. It is also part of their Technicolor showbiz life. Regine Velasquez-Alcasid and Jennylyn Mercado have been there many times before and done it with grace.

Beginning today after Together Forever, the tables will be turned as the showbiz moms will host GMA 7’s H.O.T. TV (Hindi Ordinaryong Tsismis). They will present all sides of issues and tsismis to weigh whether there’s truth in them. Also fishing out for hindi ordinaryong tsismis are Roderick Paulate and Raymond Gutierrez.

“Yes, likas. (I’m naturally curious),” replies Regine in jest when asked if she’s a tsismosa. “You ask some reporters and they will tell you that I’m known for being one. Kasi pagkaupo ko pa lang imbes na ako ang tanungin, tinatanong ko sila, ‘Ano ang bagong tsismis?’ But (honestly), I’m the type of person who just listens to gossips. Hindi naman ako makiki-tsismis. Besides after I hear it, I forget about it.”

Like Regine, Jennylyn is fond of asking people about “what happened (between this person and that person) and why?”

Where do Regine and Jennylyn get the hottest news on local tinsel town?

“When I’m busy, I don’t really get to read (the papers),” answers Regine. “I also don’t get to watch TV. So, I simply ask people about the latest goings-on inside showbiz.”

“I have to be updated, especially now (that I’m part of the show),” adds Jennylyn. “When I entered Showbiz Central, I started checking (what’s going on on) Twitter and reading tweets (of celebrities). I also follow GMA News online and other news sources to make myself aware (of things).”

H.O.T. TV is a far cry from its predecessor Showbiz Central and other talk shows that comprise everyone’s Sunday TV afternoon viewing habit. It’s not just about showbiz luminaries and their latest adventures. “There will also be human interest stories and survival stories,” Regine says. “Each (host) has his own assignment.”

“There will be more bits of information and new things (which the show will present) that people don’t know yet like the lifestyles of stars and lives of personalities around the world.”

According to Regine, H.O.T. TV has a wider scope in terms of stories. If ever the hosts will talk about the personal and professional lives of fellow stars, they will try not to make them sound like gossiping.

The celebrity-hosts should be objective in circumstances in which they can’t help but be subjective. The show will also invite experts to explain phenomena and give light on supernatural occurrences.

Hosting H.O.T. TV is challenging for both Regine and Jennylyn. They are working mothers with sons to take care of. Regine is also back in her best singing element in Party Pilipinas. Jennylyn also hosts Protégé and stars in Hindi Ka Na Mag-iisa.

“I just go home to rest and sleep,” says Jennylyn. “I bring Jazz (who is turning four) in my tapings and on the studio set Sundays. But I can’t bring him to shooting locations like the market place. I bring him to the set of Party Pilipinas. I have (to find) time to bond with him.”

“I will only work Sundays,” says Regine. “For me, it’s a very challenging show. I’ve hosted shows that are related to what I do (which is singing like S.O.P., Star For A Night, Search For A Star, Pinoy Pop Superstar, Celebrity Duets and Are You the Next Big Star?). This is my first time that I’ll be talking (about issues) and not singing. I will not talk about singing and I’m not going to perform. To tell you the truth, I’m nervous. This is not my forte (or my cup of tea).”

First-time jitters come and go. What will challenge the hosting ability of Regine and Jennylyn, however, is when H.O.T. TV asks them to present issues that involve them.

“Respeto naman nila sa akin,” says Jennylyn. “They should ask me if I’m willing to do it.”

“Most of the time I don’t say anything about an issue (and I prefer to remain quiet),” adds Regine. “There are instances when I feel the need to speak up. There are also issues that I’m not the only one being affected but also my loved ones. Sometimes, I’m forced to talk about the issue or clarify it for their sake. I don’t know what I will do (if the show will present an issue concerning me) and how I will handle it. Probably, I will cross the bridge when I get there. Sometimes, it depends on my mood whether I want to talk about an issue or not. I think the show will respect me (and whatever position I may take).”

Quote Originally Posted by icanmessyouup View Post
    Paapak

Congrats HOTtv for the pilot episode!

I just have to say that it was Regine who made me wanna watch it.
    Medyo awkward pa makita sya hosting a show like this. Pero she seemed natural as always, esp sa live, nakakatuwa mga hirit nya.
    I also like Kuya D!ck, walang kyems

The stage is good. Kudos to Direk Rico Buti na lang sa kanya na-assign to kahit papano may class

It was a good pilot, nothing special though.
    Parang may kulang at di pa agad maa-absorb ng tao bilang nasanay tayo sa straight chismis every sunday

Sana more spice at relevant topics. Bawasan ang mga kababalaghan at usaping nakikita na madalas sa ibang shows like Jessica, Korina, Wish ko lang etc..
    I know they're living up to the show's name- Hindi Ordinaryo, but they should not veer away from the usual Sunday habit kung saan mas interesado ang marami which is chismis and celebrities.
    nice inputs I know the show will improve more in the coming days

Party Pilipinas GMA7 ‏@PartyPilipinas_
    AGB Nielsen Mega Manila Household Ratings 08.12.12 #HOTtv 12.4% vs. Buzz 9.2% :] @ricogutierrez8 @mondgutierrez @reginevalcasid

mukang OK naman yung pilot episode nila. hindi lang OK yung segment ni kuya diicckk

Maganda ang ratings ng pilot episode. Kudos to HOT Tv hosts and staff. Keep it up.

Regine talks to us about how she balances her mommy duties with her hosting duties for HOT TV.

Last edited by Fantasy2010; Aug 6, 2012 at 07:08 PM.

Alamin ang mga itinatagong sikreto ng H.O.T. TV hosts

Credits: GMA Network

Super Hot Ng HOT TV!!!
    Abangan Ang Hot Topic Sa HOT TV!!!

kalerks inanod na ito ng baha hahahaha up up up

Pil. Star Ngayon, Aug. 7, 2012

ni Sol Gorgonio

BOOM: Positive ang feedback sa pagsisimula ng H.O.T TV at mataas ang rating nito sa NUTAM.

Karamihan sa mga komentong naririnig namin ay si Regine Velasquez ang nagdala ng show at nakakaaliw ang dating niya na parang tsismosang nagkukuwento sa mga manonood.

Sana mabigyan pa si Regine ng dagdag pang segment dahil nakakaaliw ngang mag-host ng isang tsismis show.

Quote Originally Posted by shyko View Post
    Super Hot Ng HOT TV!!!
    Abangan Ang Hot Topic Sa HOT TV!!!
    korek ka dyan atheng.

Just love the set!
    Hope for a great segment!

Search for something new sa mga staff!
    Di masyadong ok ang kababalaghan kasi parang di akma sa show.

More bold/fierce and raw segment sana maipapakita yong kakaiba at mapapa wow ka talaga!

it's like durug ang artista once ma feature sa hot tv!
    That would be an extremely hot tv topic of the week!

so far, set lang ang standout!

Quote Originally Posted by partofparty View Post
    Just love the set!
    Hope for a great segment!

Search for something new sa mga staff!
    Di masyadong ok ang kababalaghan kasi parang di akma sa show.

More bold/fierce and raw segment sana maipapakita yong kakaiba at mapapa wow ka talaga!

it's like durug ang artista once ma feature sa hot tv!
    That would be an extremely hot tv topic of the week!

so far, set lang ang standout!
    I absolutely love the set.

I agree sana mas HOT pang topic sana mas related sa Showbiz, mga scoop na stories.

Uo for this thread!

Pepperoni
    by Ronnie Carrasco III
    Friday, August 10, 2012

BLIND ITEM: Ang precursor ng bagong weekend program na ito ay makalawang beses nang nagpalit ng titulo, which had been up against a consistently top-rating show. No amount of creative efforts saved the show from extinction, kaya sinibak ito at pinalitan ng isang panooring may kakaibang konsepto.

The new show promises to be a hodgepodge of everything, kumbaga sa pagkain ay wala itong inilayo sa pinakbet o chopsuey with a mix of different veggies. Kumalas na ito sa dating format ng kanyang pinalitang programa in the same time slot.

Risky as the format may seem (idagdag pa kung tatanggapin ‘yon ng mga manonood), marapat lang na bugbugin nila ang promo nito, with all hosts supposedly making the rounds of live shows. Kaso, nitong nakaraan ay isa lang sa mga host ang nagkumpirma ng kanyang promo guesting in a show, but only to make last-minute cancellation!

Ewan kung ano’ng dahilan ng pagkakansela sa guesting, pero huwag magsisihan ang mga host ng bagong programang ‘yon kung matulad ito sa precursor nito whose ratings ay kulang na lang humalik sa lupa. Baka imbes na “hot” ay malamig ang reception ng mga viewers sa kanila.

Maldita pero maganda haha spiglao2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy2010 View Post
    Pepperoni
    by Ronnie Carrasco III
    Friday, August 10, 2012

BLIND ITEM: Ang precursor ng bagong weekend program na ito ay makalawang beses nang nagpalit ng titulo, which had been up against a consistently top-rating show. No amount of creative efforts saved the show from extinction, kaya sinibak ito at pinalitan ng isang panooring may kakaibang konsepto.

The new show promises to be a hodgepodge of everything, kumbaga sa pagkain ay wala itong inilayo sa pinakbet o chopsuey with a mix of different veggies. Kumalas na ito sa dating format ng kanyang pinalitang programa in the same time slot.

Risky as the format may seem (idagdag pa kung tatanggapin ‘yon ng mga manonood), marapat lang na bugbugin nila ang promo nito, with all hosts supposedly making the rounds of live shows. Kaso, nitong nakaraan ay isa lang sa mga host ang nagkumpirma ng kanyang promo guesting in a show, but only to make last-minute cancellation!

Ewan kung ano’ng dahilan ng pagkakansela sa guesting, pero huwag magsisihan ang mga host ng bagong programang ‘yon kung matulad ito sa precursor nito whose ratings ay kulang na lang humalik sa lupa. Baka imbes na “hot” ay malamig ang reception ng mga viewers sa kanila.
    Ang NEGA talaga nitong si Ronnie Carrasco

Maldita pero maganda haha spiglao2's Avatar
    Gusto ko din format ng HOT TV. Sana mas interesting discussion in the coming weeks.

Like yung kwento ng kababalaghan...anong dulot nun? Hindi bagay sa timeslot niya. Mas maraming interesting stories na at the same time eh mas makatotohanan. Sana dun sila mas mag-focus.

Ang ganda ng rapport ni Reg at Kuya **** sana mas magamit. Even Jen and Raymond. Pernes sa mga host ang ganda ng chemistry nila at kita mo na walang sapawan at feeling know-it-all. Wala ring ilangan.

Sana pag may confidence na si Regine mag-interview eh gawin din niya bilang aminado naman siyang tsismosa at mas magagamit niya yun kung tungkol sa showbiz ang topic

Tanggalin na yung mga kwentong kababalaghan! Ipaubaya na kay Ms Korina Sanchez na every Sunday, parang Halloween episode LOL

Kapag kasi may kwentong nakakatakot, naglolose rin ng viewership. Alam niyo bakit? Kasi tulad ko, ipinapakita pa lang yung teaser nung kwentong nakakatakot, pinapatay ko na agad yung tv o nililipat ng channel bilang prima duwagera ako. Hehehe! I'm sure marami akong kapareha dito, umamin na!

Phil. Daily Inquirer, Aug. 11, 2012

Fat Chances
    by Nestor Torre

Many overweight stars promise to diet to get back into shooting trim, but only a determined few actually shed those unwanted pounds. Well, the weak-willed procrastinators should learn a lesson or two from Regine Velasquez, who has lost an impressive amount of her “pregnancy padding,” and has resumed shooting scenes for her long-delayed film with Aga Muhlach.

Aga himself is still on the heavy side, but has become extra-active on his “Pinoy Explorer” TV show, so he should be able to keep up with his determined leading lady. Regine shares that what’s doing the trick for her is the South Beach diet, which she sticks to religiously.

Where does all this leave Sharon Cuneta, whose own weight reduction pledge appears to have gotten bogged down for some months now? For the sake of her career and overall health prospects, the Megastar should redouble her efforts to lose all of those extra mega-pounds. She’s done it before with amazing results to show for her discipline and determination — and she can do it again.

While we’re at it, we also wish that Janice de Belen wins her own battle of the bulge. She isn’t as overweight as some other literally “big” stars, but she also needs to get back into fighting and shooting trim.

Temptations

Maybe the fact that she’s hosting the “celebrity” cooking TV show, “Spoon,” is providing too many temptations that are distracting her from her weight-reduction goal? If so, perhaps it’s time for her to go on (temporary) leave from the show, so she can focus more resolutely on losing some 20 or more pounds?

A lot is riding on this “mission” for Janice, because she is now cohosting a second TV show, “Showbiz Inside Report,” and her TV-film acting career has heated up again. This is the time for her to remind viewers of her thespic ability of yore — but, that can’t really happen as long as she continues to look so — ah, matronly.

Finally, we hope that obese child actors will get over the unhealthy notion that fat means cute and cuddly on the big and small screens.

Perspective

For much too long have they been stuffed with food to make them look plump enough to hug, squeeze — and eat! The notion isn’t only wrongheaded, it’s also risky from a health perspective, because today’s fat, sassy and huggable child star could be tomorrow’s obese has-been — and medical basket case!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast