It's simple, and it's fun. Watch LIVE television from the U.S. Write a recap. Get paid on the 15th of every month. Nothing else like this in the Philippines.
1. WIRED internet connection. USB dongles from Smart, Globe, Sun, and even a Wi-Tribe connection are NOT allowed.
2. FLEXIBLE schedule Tuesdays to Saturdays from 8am-11am. (2-3 shows per day.)
3. COMFORTABLE & QUICK command of written English.
4. GENUINE passion for writing/blogging and American entertainment.
1. Tell us about yourself! Please include (in proper paragraph form):
a) Your name, age, location, college, course/major, and the type of internet connection you will be using for this work.
b) Your favorite American TV show and movie. Share with us why that show and movie is your favorite.
2. If you run your own blog, or have written for other online sites, please kindly give us the link(s) to your work.
$2.50 per show (base pay). We are a small start-up with huge potential. The rates we offer now are unique in that we are the only ones in the country offering this kind of easy, fun, entertaining work in the Philippines. If you can be a trooper and stick with us during the growth phases of our site, we'll offer a revenue-share opportunity in which we will split a certain percentage of our site's revenue with you on top of your base pay - your pay will rise as the company's profits rise.
1. Writing Style - Write in a journalistic tone like in a newspaper. Simply write about what happens in any given episode of a TV show you are assigned to cover- what you see and what you hear; it's that simple. We're not asking you to write a novel nor do we ask you to write too creatively or esoterically. Simple is better. You can inject some personal remarks in your writing regarding the show.
2. Word Count - You should write at least a 400 word recap for a one-hour show, and at least an 800 word recap for a two-hour show. (Ultimately, it really depends on what's going on in any given episode of a show you are assigned to cover).
The deadline for applications is due this Tuesday, July 31 by 8PM in the evening. We will be selecting only TWO writers. Please understand that we are a small start-up, looking to create a core team of genuinely passionate writers of American entertainment and technology, who are willing to spend a short few hours of their day to help our site grow, and hopefully, be generously rewarded for their passions in the near future. As Will Smith says: "If you're absent during my struggle, don't expect to be present during my success." If you can't pick up on our philosophy, let's save and respect each other's time by not applying.
Thank you! We look forward to having the best on our Team. Good luck! =)
[Send your applications to "NerdleNews@gmail.com"]