PEx Highlights

Where are you staying this Holiday Season?

Join the Call Center promo and get a chance to win Pizza Inc Gift Certificates!

read more

FEATURE: On Former Teammates and Rivals

PEx's guest contributor Michele Gumabao talks about her ex-teammates and ex-rivals in the UAAP and the pros.

read more

PHOTOS: Alaska Takes Game 1 vs RoS

The Aces mustered a furious 2nd half turnaround to take Game 1 of the semifinals against the Elasto Painters, 87-80.

read more

REVIEW: This is Where I Leave You

Family dramedy This Is Where I Leave You graces the screens this week. Is this movie worth checking out? Find out here!

read more

FEATURE: Philippine Cup Semis Preview

It's the Aces against the E-Painters and SMB versus TNT. Read on as JPM previews and predicts the outcome of the Fil Cup semis.

read more

TRAVEL: Ilocos: Vigan, Laoag, Pagudpud

PExer mikedph shares everything you need to know about an Ilocos trip that includes photos around Vigan, Laoag and Pagudpud.

read more

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42
  1. #21
    update: still 4.5% per quarter (3rd quarter of 2012)....

  2. #22
    paano ba maging enlisted personnel ng AFP (army, navy, air force)? para makapag-open din ng account! =)

  3. #23
    ^if you're in it para lang diyan, I don't think your heart's in the service.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Wolf View Post
    ^if you're in it para lang diyan, I don't think your heart's in the service.
    I'd have to agree.

    4.5% per quarter is a big return rate compared to most banks.

    Stable pa rin naman ang afpslai kahit papano.

    nagkataon my parents are in service so I'm planning on opening one this month and depositing 1k a month to keep it active.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by imanh0rn View Post
    I'd have to agree.

    4.5% per quarter is a big return rate compared to most banks.

    Stable pa rin naman ang afpslai kahit papano.

    nagkataon my parents are in service so I'm planning on opening one this month and depositing 1k a month to keep it active.
    I was referring to engr_jm's so-simplistic view of joining the military para lang magka-AFPSLAI account, which looked so stupid reading it. It's just like being part of an exclusive club just to get a super-rare item.

    But wow, a 4.5% per quarter interest? I ought to see how much my balance is now since we had that certification of accounts two years ago.
    Last edited by Red_Wolf; Jan 6, 2013 at 12:51 PM.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by engr_jm View Post
    paano ba maging enlisted personnel ng AFP (army, navy, air force)? para makapag-open din ng account! =)
    Naungkat na rin lang itong thread.

    Actually there's no need to enlist yourself in the service. Kahit magwork ka lang as civilian personnel pwede na in AFP/PNP.

    Another route is, get to married someone who is in those services - AFP/PNP.

    I know, I should have opened my own AFPSLAI account when I was still working in PMA. Maganda pala dito - mas ok pa kaysa sa AMWSLAI. I didn't know this kind of investing back then. Sa pagkakaalam ko rin, kahit magresign ka - you don't lose the account; your AFPSLAI account still remains active as long as you don't withdraw those funds.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by freelancer_babe View Post
    Naungkat na rin lang itong thread.

    Actually there's no need to enlist yourself in the service. Kahit magwork ka lang as civilian personnel pwede na in AFP/PNP.

    Another route is, get to married someone who is in those services - AFP/PNP.

    I know, I should have opened my own AFPSLAI account when I was still working in PMA. Maganda pala dito - mas ok pa kaysa sa AMWSLAI. I didn't know this kind of investing back then. Sa pagkakaalam ko rin, kahit magresign ka - you don't lose the account; your AFPSLAI account still remains active as long as you don't withdraw those funds.
    paanong as civilian personnel po?? ako naman kasi nagwowork din dati as a merchant marine. kaya tingin ko, magamit ko naman siya sa navy if ever permitted. =)

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by engr_jm View Post
    paanong as civilian personnel po?? ako naman kasi nagwowork din dati as a merchant marine. kaya tingin ko, magamit ko naman siya sa navy if ever permitted. =)
    as in civilian working sa mga offices ng AFP - such as the GHQ, PMA, PA, PN, PAF, PSG, ISAFP, etc.

    programmer kasi ako dati sa PMA. The employees - civilian and military - are able to open accounts sa AFPSLAI. It's sort of a privilege as employees of the command.

    Yun lang nagresign na ako sa PMA, so I am not qualified anymore to open an account with AFPSLAI. Even if I could say na dati akong nagwo-work doon sa PMA.

  9. #29
    may idea ba kayo kung kailan ulit tatanggap ng deposit ang AWMSLAI?

  10. #30

    Amwslai dividend for payment this 2013?

    hello mga Bro.. any news kung magkano ngayon ang dividend ng Amslai na earned from July 2012 to Dec 31 2012? Mas malaki ba or mas maliit?

  11. #31
    AFPSLAI's different from AMWSLAI so if there's a related thread, please post there. Thank you!

  12. #32
    Buhayin ko lang itong thread na ito. Plano ko kasi mag-open next month after ko malaman sa mom ko na pwede ako magopen dito. Meron po bang may alam kung may limit sa initial deposit?

  13. #33
    ^are you a military dependent?

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Wolf View Post
    ^are you a military dependent?
    Yes. My dad is a military personnel. My mom and my sister already have their accounts so I want to open my own. I would really like to take advantage of whatever I can invest for the initial investment because I heard that you can only deposit Php30,000 per quarter minus the interest earned.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Wolf View Post
    ^are you a military dependent?
    Are you aware of the maximum initial investment, sir? I'm planning to open an account early next month.

  16. #36
    Super Sawsaw LITHIUM478's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Lucid Intervals
    Quote Originally Posted by maxwelledison View Post
    Yes. My dad is a military personnel. My mom and my sister already have their accounts so I want to open my own. I would really like to take advantage of whatever I can invest for the initial investment because I heard that you can only deposit Php30,000 per quarter minus the interest earned.
    If your mom and sister already have their account, perhaps you can get information from them. And please do share information to us.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by LITHIUM478 View Post
    If your mom and sister already have their account, perhaps you can get information from them. And please do share information to us.

    Well, that was actually the first thing I did. Unfortunately, they also can't provide me this information. My mother opened her account back when there was no limit to the amount the can be invested. My sister's initial investment was below Php30k so I don't know if it would be possible to invest greater than this amount. I sent an email to AFPSLAI to inquire about this but they still haven't responded.

  18. #38
    I'm a civilian nurse working under DND. Regular member ako ng AFPSLAI. Secured by PDIC daw sya sabi ng teller.

  19. #39
    Alrighty, so I just received an email from AFPSLAI and they confirmed that the maximum initial deposit is subject to the Php 30,000.00 quarterly limit.

  20. #40
    Ang alam ko *** 4.5 % interest per qrtr ay para lang sa capital contribution acct na para sa active, retired at civilian employee ng afp, dnd, bjmp at pnp etc. Kung dependent (asawa, anak, d ako sure kung pwede ang magulang)yung saving acct *** with 3% interest per annum ang pwde mo i-avail.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Hot Topics

CHIT CHAT:

Show affection to that one special PExer in the 2014 Mistletoe Kiss thread.

Show affection to that one special PExer in the 2014 Mistletoe Kiss thread.

read more
SHOWBIZ:

Lovie Poe denies transfer to ABS-CBN next year

Lovie Poe denies transfer to ABS-CBN next year

read more
UAAP:

UAAP extends broadcast partnership with ABS-CBN for five more years

UAAP extends broadcast partnership with ABS-CBN for five more years

read more
PROMO:

Where are you staying this Holiday Season? Join the poll and get a chance to win GCs!

Where are you staying this Holiday Season? Join the poll and get a chance to win GCs!

read more
PBA:

TNT boots Ginebra from playoffs with 83-67 victory

TNT boots Ginebra from playoffs with 83-67 victory

read more
NMFtv:

Chieffy Caligdong reveals the real reason why he retired from the Philippine Azkals

Chieffy Caligdong reveals the real reason why he retired from the Philippine Azkals

read more