PEx Highlights

GALLERY: PBA Philippine Cup Semifinals

Check out photos from each game of the PBA Philippine Cup Semis here!

read more

PEx Christmas: The PBA Christmas Wishlist

'tis the season of gifts and wishlists! JPM plays Santa's consultant and lists down the best Christmas gift for each PBA team.

read more

FEATURE: Top UAAP Stories in 2014

We take a look back to reflect and celebrate the best stories in the UAAP that happened in the past year.

read more

Show Me Your Festival Teeths!

In this special comeback episode of SMYT, the girls poke fun at the participating films in the upcoming Metro Manila Film Festival.

read more

Where are you staying this Holiday Season?

Join the Call Center promo and get a chance to win Pizza Inc Gift Certificates!

read more

The Best of 2014: PExers Choice Awards

The results are finally here! Find out who won the hearts of the PinoyExchange community in The Best of 2014: PExers Choice Awards!

read more

Page 38 of 251 FirstFirst ... 28 37 38 39 48 88 138 ... LastLast
    Xian Lim ,, a year back ,,

Xian Lim dreams of becoming a philanthropist just like Diether Ocampo
    7/20/2011 8:45 AM
    by: Rachelle Siazon

Star Magic artist Xian Lim celebrated his 22nd birthday by organizing a party at a home for the aged known as Anawim Lay Missions Foundation in the province of Rizal yesterday, July 19. It was a dream come true for Xian who has been inspired by Diether Ocampo’s charity works via K.I.D.S. Foundation. “When we worked together in Mamarazzi, para siyang kuya na nagbibigay ng advice kasi halos pareho kami ng interests. He was giving me advice about bands kasi nagbanda din siya, Tapos sabi niya he started small with K.I.D.S. And gusto ko rin magkaroon ng ganoong experience in life.”

Since he’s not used to throwing parties with his friends anyway, Xian said that celebrating with the 48 abandoned elderly in Anawim is the perfect opportunity for him to organize a charity event. “Ever since we talked about his foundation, it has always been at the back of my mind. And also, my mom always encourages me to do what I can to help others. Just to make the elderly smile is already a big deal, so why not provide entertainment for them?”

Xian provided food and lots of entertainment, which included several party games, a magic show, and impromptu production numbers by the elderly themselves. Xian even played a boogie song on the piano while the lolos and lolas danced to the music. “It’s really fulfilling to see them so happy after our program. You can just imagine how lonely they are most of the time because they don’t have their families with them. I wish next time it would be a bigger event, mas madaming tao na matulungan, mas madaming giveaways at mas bonggang entertainment. That’s what I really want to do.”

cto thank chiu

Quote Originally Posted by cheypot View Post
    [ @ ] krizgazmen Look test with @xianlimm for our new movie under Direk Joyce! 34min

Posted by 180.191.159.81 via http://webwarper.net, created by AlgART: http://algart.net/
    This is added while posting a message to avoid misusing the service

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ohmigosh KimXi movie eto and to be megged by none other than Binibining Joyce Bernal waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh surefire Romantic Comedy movie of the century eto ayieeeeeeeeeeeeee my dream and wish has finally come true and I'm so happy happy

Joyce Bernal is noted for bravura kilig scenes and of course umaatikabong kissing at love scenes eto THIS IS IT this is really really it!!!

I'm seeing the likes of Til there was you (PJ/Juday) and Marimar (DongYan) waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh nakakaexcite pramis!!!
    No wonder she was like chumy chumy with Xian during the Healing PN. They're cooking up something woohooo!!!

senyorjalapeno 20 mins 21 secs ago Twitter
    Nice to meet you in person earlier @XianLimm good luck on your endeavors...

Quote Originally Posted by maevel2002 View Post
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ohmigosh KimXi movie eto and to be megged by none other than Binibining Joyce Bernal waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh surefire Romantic Comedy movie of the century eto ayieeeeeeeeeeeeee my dream and wish has finally come true and I'm so happy happy

Joyce Bernal is noted for bravura kilig scenes and of course umaatikabong kissing at love scenes eto THIS IS IT this is really really it!!!

I'm seeing the likes of Til there was you (PJ/Juday) and Marimar (DongYan) waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh nakakaexcite pramis!!!
    No wonder she was like chumy chumy with Xian during the Healing PN. They're cooking up something woohooo!!!

WOW maevel this is GREAT!!! TULOY TULOY NA ITO FOR OUR KIMXI!!! WALANG PATID !!! KAPIT KAPIT TAYO KIMXIs YES!!! KIMXI FTW ALWAYS!!! LOVELOVELOVE

gidget dela cuesta ‏@gidgetdc
    @xianlimm recording now👍👍👍 then dubbing .... #thereunion

July 26, 2012
    To dear pounds29

Many more birthdays to come! God bless you today, your day, and always, Love from your coKimxis

repost,,

VOTE VOTE VOTE XIAN LIM FTW!!! UP UP UP UP UP UP GO GO GO GO GO!!!!

Poll Inside Pinoy Showbiz
    Who's the Hottest Man in Showbiz?

http://www.insidepinoyshowbiz.ph/pol...-local-showbiz

Powervote tayo sa kakulay...Hottest Loveteam 2012...unli-voting is allowed...

http://kakulay.blog.com/2012/07/offi...veteam-year-6/

home sweet home,, sa mga uuwi, ingat po,, thanks,, see you later

Hello mga ka-PEx!

NOW AVAILABLE: JENNYLYN MERCADO “FOREVER BY YOUR SIDE”

PolyEast Records proudly announces the release of JENNYLYN MERCADO’s new album "FOREVER BY YOUR SIDE" for only P250.

Her carrier single is "Parang Kailan Lang"

Track listing:

1. Forever By Your Side
    2. Parang Kailan Lang
    3. Ganun Na Lang Ba
    4. Mahal Na Mahal
    5. Halik Sa Hangin
    6. Hindi Ka Na Mag-Iisa

Get your copy now at the following music stores:

Thank you

Up for this thread

Nag popost na si gidget ngayon ahh....thats good naman.

Sis....anong bago may movie *** coming on the way.

Akala ko ba yung kimxi movie si direk
    Raz dela torre ang director bka ibang movie Nya yan.pero sana kimxi movie an talaga yan

Xian Lim in YSL
    Photography: Monching Jaramillo

Quote Originally Posted by carenhirao View Post
    Akala ko ba yung kimxi movie si direk
    Raz dela torre ang director bka ibang movie Nya yan.pero sana kimxi movie an talaga yan
    Raz dela Torre is more of a writer than a Director and with Star Cinema anything can change. I really wished that it'll be a Joyce Bernal movie coz she's the only one who can bring out the best kilig factor in a romcom movie.

Xian has signed a three-picture contract with Star Cinema to include "My Cactus Heart", "The Reunion" and a KIMXI movie so no need to ask this is it, this is really really it!!!

An Inspired Sense of Self
    by Philbert Ortiz Dy
    posted on Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Healing has all the earmarks of a fairly typical Filipino horror movie. It takes some element of our local folklore (in this case, faith healers) and brings it to horrific ends. But the movie turns out to be much more than that. Though it stalls the action a little too much, the film is still undeniably fun. It cleverly works in a bit of humor within all the grisly action, and adds a plethora of stylistic touches to make everything feel just a little bit different.

Seth (Vilma Santos) takes her stroke-stricken father (Robert Arevalo) to see a faith healer. The next day, he miraculously recovers from his ailment. Amazed by the recovery, Seth’s neighbors all implore her to take them to the healer. Her son from an annulled marriage Jed (Martin del Rosario) also asks her to help him take his stepsister Cookie (Kim Chiu) to be healed. When they arrive, the healer refuses to see them due to her own sickness. But they all insist, and the healer eventually relents. Everybody soon recovers from his or her afflictions, but it turns out that the healing comes at a price. Seth’s entire community is thrown into chaos, and she has to figure out what went wrong.

The movie suffers from a very common horror movie complaint. The characters are entirely too passive about serious problems. The characters figure out the connection between violent events and the healing quickly enough, but it takes them forever to do anything about it. Movies tend to need characters to be active, trying to solve their problems with whatever resources are available to them. Having said that, the movie does a great job of surrounding the central conflict with interesting little details. There’s a funny, subversive edge to the way the community is written, and a genuinely crushing dilemma complicating the eventual solution.

The film isn’t afraid to get a little goofy, offsetting the violence and darkness with tinges of humor. What could’ve been generic horror movie stuff is enlivened by a slight satirical bent that takes to task the very concept of healing. And the film thrives on its relationships, building real stakes out of few well-placed lines of dialogue. The production looks quite accomplished, and the film makes room for quite a few stylistic touches. Most noticeably, the film marks its movements by having the characters dress in the same color. It’s not entirely clear what the point of it is, but it does make the film more visually interesting.

Vilma Santos is really quite exceptional in her more mature roles. Despite being who she is, she still somehow manages to disappear into the role, latching on to little bits of character that tear away the veneer of glamour and celebrity. She is an everywoman in this role, struggling to understand a dilemma that’s far beyond her capacity. A strong ensemble cast backs her up. Robert Arevalo plays her father with an endearing lack of vanity. Allen Paule shines while playing the constant skeptic. Janice de Belen proves yet again to be one of the finest players in the industry today. The cast as a whole is able to make the more clever bits of script really work, and that’s a fine achievement.

The Healing could be a little tighter. The characters spend too much time not doing anything about their predicament, which makes it feel like they’re just courting danger. But if one can overlook that little wrinkle, the movie is just a whole lot of fun. It has an inspired sense of self, a personality beyond what we’ve come to expect in every horror feature. I would note that people ought to seek out the R18 version of the picture, which is the more complete vision of the film. A film that strives to be so unique ought to be given that consideration.

My Rating:

4 out of 5 stars

for philbert to give 4 stars to the movie says a lot..yung mga gandang ganda tayo at box office eh usually 1 or 2 stars lang sa kanya

guys, heard that The Healing is making a killing at the box office..
    one notch higher na naman ang level ng ating kim chiu

Hello KimXis ano ng latest balita kay Kim and Xian? Very successful ang movie ni Ms Vilma and Kim galing naman. Sana may latest news na sa movie ni Xian and Kim after ng mga solo movie nila.

Quote Originally Posted by alesha432 View Post
    http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s480x480/311668_10151983816130204_561266084_n.jpg

Nag popost na si gidget ngayon ahh....thats good naman.
    oh well,, that's good! hope everythin' will be okay now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tessie11 View Post
    Hello KimXis ano ng latest balita kay Kim and Xian? Very successful ang movie ni Ms Vilma and Kim galing naman. Sana may latest news na sa movie ni Xian and Kim after ng mga solo movie nila.
    may good news si maevel,, look her post as copied,,

Originally Posted by maevel2002 View Post

Page 38 of 251 FirstFirst ... 28 37 38 39 48 88 138 ... LastLast