San Beda Red Lions: Rising Over Trials and Hardships (Fifth Thread) - Page 2 | The NCAA Tourney | PinoyExchange

Page 2 of 154 First 1 2 3 12 52 102 ... Last
    That was a career game from Vidal. Hats off to the Altas, they beat us fair and square within the confines of the court.

Kung every game ba naman eh, magkakaron ng career game yung player ng kalaban, malamang matatalo talaga tayo hehe. Naka swerte pa sa overtime.

The league looks to be more balanced this year..

That was some game. I ended up calling my Bedan friends for a quick "couples" session after.. Need that BBZ

The game exposed our weakness in the 2-spot with the loss of Armon and Semerad. But it also showed the hearts of our Lions not to give up. That could have been a won ballgame for us if not for those crucial TO's in the last two plays but the Altas deserved the win. Vidal was sick with those bombs from three and Thompson showing composure in the final minutes.

It was a good loss. Something for our Red Lions to learn from and prepare for our upcoming games.

Who's your Daddy now? Big Daddy's Avatar
    I was surprised by the thread title. I thought I was in an entertainment and showbiz forum.

Unahan ko na ang graphics sa AKTV. Similar with Perpetual, the last time St. Benilde defeated San Beda in the basketball floor was in 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
    I was surprised by the thread title. I thought I was in an entertainment and showbiz forum.

Unahan ko na ang graphics sa AKTV. Similar with Perpetual, the last time St. Benilde defeated San Beda in the basketball floor was in 2005.

2005 ba huli din nanalo ang CSB sa atin? yan ba yung kulang sa patch issue

Quote Originally Posted by MakaveliLives View Post
    BASER beater!

[video=youtube;kBM7OIs2F6g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBM7OIs2F6g
    This game should be in the weekend schedule rather than those **** games...

Who's your Daddy now? Big Daddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nets View Post
    2005 ba huli din nanalo ang CSB sa atin? yan ba yung kulang sa patch issue
    The Sam Ekwe uniform protest was on July 18, 2008. San Beda massacred St. Benilde 74-51. Red Lions were led by Escobal (13 pts), Menor (12 pts) and Ekwe (12 pts). Blazers was led by Chuck Dalanon with 12 pts followed by David (9 pts) and Montecastro (6 pts). The SBC win was overturned by a boardroom decision after 5 days.

That game against Perpetual should have been won. This early, I can already see some chinks in the coaching armor of CRM.

What was he thinking putting all three guards at the same time when Perps has been killing us on the boards. They out rebounded our team and he did not adjust quickly to the situation.

And of all people, why did he make Art (the rookie) the inbounder when in that situation inbound is the most crucial aspect. He should have put Jake in that situation.

What happened to our defense? Vidal scored because he allowed him to wax hot by putting undersized guards like Melo Lim, Caram etc.

CRM should do better next time.

Paupuin muna si Melo at Koga. Ginawa silang asintahan ni Vidal at Thompson last time. Give some minutes to Moralde and Mendoza who can guard tall perimeter players Lastimosa, Taha, Romero and Grey.

Sure nakaka shoot sa fastbreak at tres si Melo at Koga pero pagdating sa depensa lliability sila.

Make no mistake Lastimosa is not a crocodile anymore. He is now willing to give up the ball and involve his mates.

WATCH OUT FOR THE 3s of Cinco, Tolentino, Romero, Grey, Taha and Lastimosa.

San Beda with coach Magsanoc should come out with a strong starting 5 (minus Koga and Melo) because expect Benilde to copy Perpetual's strategy to come out strong and guns blazing at the start.

Quote Originally Posted by moneymayweather View Post
    That game against Perpetual should have been won. This early, I can already see some chinks in the coaching armor of CRM.

What was he thinking putting all three guards at the same time when Perps has been killing us on the boards. They out rebounded our team and he did not adjust quickly to the situation.

And of all people, why did he make Art (the rookie) the inbounder when in that situation inbound is the most crucial aspect. He should have put Jake in that situation.

What happened to our defense? Vidal scored because he allowed him to wax hot by putting undersized guards like Melo Lim, Caram etc.

CRM should do better next time.
    I think Jake graduated already with 5 fouls. He's probably thinking that since Art is the tallest out there, he's the one who should inbound the ball. Medyo weak yung pasa ni Art. I'm not sure kung dahil pagod na or what.

Where is the tight defense our team showed during the fil-oil tourney?

Since the game vs. lpu, our opponents are slashing in the middle like a hot knife slicing a butter.

Quote Originally Posted by arizona View Post
    Where is the tight defense our team showed during the fil-oil tourney?

Since the game vs. lpu, our opponents are slashing in the middle like a hot knife slicing a butter.
    We had Ola patrolling the middle; he brings lots of intangibles to the table that raised the defensive level a few notches up. We had more options when he played. I would expect that kind of collective defense to come back soon.

^
    ^
    ^
    In my opinion, defense would be the key in our campaign this season.

sayang talaga *** game sa Perpetual..

I agree this would be the hardest season for the past six years..

poor coaching did it for San Beda, in my opinion

One must remember that coach RM was tapped only last April. We lost two key players - Gabo and Dave. These two can chip in at least 22 pts and 8 rebounds each game. The twins pulled off a stunt after the finals. Baseless suspensions were meted against our players and to top it all off, we have 6 rookies (the most AFAICR in the past six years).

During the game vs. perpetual, coach RM was reminding his boys not be contended with jump shots against the zone of perpetual. But for unknown reasons, our players just keep on shooting from the outside. Major and crucial errors were also committed by some of our players down the stretch.

Our players came out flat and if RM was doing a lousy job, the game won't even reach OT. It would be over by the first half.

the way to beat the zone is to shoot jumpshots.

were just unlucky that it did not materialize..

major blunder:

Make a rookie forward/center to inbound the ball at a crucial stage.

any livestreaming?

Leave d Gun, Take d Cannoli u neek's Avatar
    SBC 20 - 9 CSB
    2mins 1stq

Jake Pascual puts in a bucket

San Beda 22
    Benilde 9
    1st 1:30mins 1stq

Baser feeds Koga for a jumper

San Beda 23