PEx Highlights

The Best of 2014: PExers Choice Awards

Come one, come all! Voting for The Best of 2014: PExers Choice Awards has officially begun. Click here to cast a vote!

read more

REVIEW: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1

It feels forced and stretched. But hey, it's still Mockingjay. Check out our full review here!

read more

PHOTOS: Fajardo Posts Career-High vs Kia

Junemar Fajardo posted a career-high 36 points and 17 rebounds to lead the charge for the Beermen against the lowly Kia Sorento, 90-74.

read more

PHOTOS: Barako Spoils Alaska

Denok Miranda (21pts) and the Barako Bull Energy played spoiler in a very impressive outing against top-seeded Alaska Aces, 85-78.

read more

10 Things to Watch Out for in UAAP Volleyball

We list down 10 things to look forward to this season from the Miefer Fever to EJ Laure and Jaja Santiago's crucial role for their respective teams!

read more

FEATURE: BasketBros: PBA's Best Buddies

We take a look at twelve couples who have formed relationships like real life brothers. Meet our BasketBros!

read more

Opm puro revival na lang ngayon

Bakit ba puro revivals na lang ang mga kinakanta ng mga opm singers ngayon

Hi Tongyang. This is a good opportunity for me to promote the Philippine Popular Music Festival.

Goal of the contest(an excerpt from the Philpop site):

"How many great Filipino songwriters does an everyday Filipino know?

Chances are they only know a few. We are a culture enamored by glitz, glitter and glamour of the center stage. Thus, the performers often get the full glory of the spotlight. Cast to the shadows is the artistry of the songwriters and composers. The performers have been up there for quite a while. It’s about time we bring back the limelight to the songwriters and composers.

“The First Philippine Popular Music Festival” is a songwriting competition open to all amateur and professional composers who are Filipinos or of Filipino descent residing in the Philippines. The competition not only aims to celebrate the talent of Filipino songwriting, but to glorify the contributions of songwriters and composers to the Filipino music industry.

Orchestrating the competition is no other than Maestro Ryan Cayabyab, the country’s prominent songwriter, musician, academic, and the Festival’s Executive Director. Co-presented by the country’s top companies like Maynilad, Meralco, SMART, Sun, PLDT, TV5 and PICC, “Mr. C” plans to bring together the Filipino talents into one grand event.

The event is the outcome of Overall Chairman Manny V. Pangilinan and Organizing Committee Chairman Ricky Vargas’ desire to help revive the Philippine music industry. There are two reasons why I'm back in the Philippines after working in Hong Kong for more than 20 years - I missed our religion and our music. You hear God's voice in music." MVP said.

The competition aims to: a.) Provide a channel which Filipino songwriters can create new songs, discover new expressions or genres in popular music; b.) Spark a renewed awareness, enthusiasm, and pride in Philippine music; c.) Start a brand new collection of freshly created Original Pilipino Music; and d.) Discover and promote new Filipino songwriters and singers."

For more info about this contest, please visit www.philpop.com.ph. You can listen to the top 14 songs in the site as well

My name is James Leyte. I am an amateur singer/songwriter and I'm glad to let you know that I'm one of the 14 finalists to our country's first-ever Philippine Popular Music Festival. I am posting this to formally request your support for my song as well as to bring back the power of OPM(Original Pinoy Music). You can buy my music entitled Brown as well as the other finalists from the site below. Let's all support OPM guys, mukhang nalulunod na tayo sa kanta ng mga dayuhan. Salamat.

http://www.mymusicstore.com.ph/album...teen-Finalists

Brown is an upbeat mix of acoustic-pop, folk-hiphop. I'm hoping you'll like it. Salamat.

Because most of the singers now only have the voice but doesn't have the songwriting skills.

'pag Naningil ang KALIKASAN naturecrawler's Avatar
    Kasi naninigurado ang mga singers na alam na ng mga tao iyong song na kakantahin nila.

In short OPM = pawala na ng pawala creativity.

Mentality kasi ng mga Noypi: kung alin sikat, yun lang maganda.
    Mentality ng mga OPM artists: pag gumawa sila ng kanta, dapat familiar lang. Wala na nag iinnovate.

Ang mga pinoy, mahilig sa music. Try lang rin kasi nila mag take ng chances. Dati yung Eraserheads, gaganda ng mga kanta, kasi noon di pa laganap yung media e.

Media siguro puno't dulo?

Hindi naman, I actually think there are also original OPM even in this generation! I love Bamboo though hehehe

Yes, hindi naman lahat. Pero 90%, yeah.

mga OPM bands nalang ang gumagawa ng sarili nilang kanta ngayon..

Wala ng originality yung iba. Tas yung revivals, nakakairita pa minsan.