it's high time that we stop building indoor arenas in this country and instead focus on building a brand-new, Olympics-standard national sports complex for the Philippines that will replace the Rizal Memorial Sports Complex (RMSC) in Manila and the Philsports Complex in Pasig.
it's a pity that the government did not even bother to allocate parcels of land in areas such as Fort Bonifacio and the Manila Bay reclamation area for the building of a new national sports complex. how can they tolerate the idea that our sports complexes here in this country are dilapidated? is this the way this country supports its sports programs?
what we need to have is a national sports complex that is within Metro Manila and has, among others, the following:
- a 40,000- to 50,000-seat track and field, and football stadium with retractable roof, enabling it to be converted into a covered venue when needed.
-two 10,000-seat indoor arenas that can serve as venues for indoor sports and practice areas for national teams.
- a 15,000-seat baseball stadium.
- a brand-new national swimming complex that will replace the controversial Trace Aquatics Center in Laguna.
- dormitories and training facilities for members of the national teams.
- new offices for the PSC, POC and other national sports associations.