PEx Highlights

Calling all vigilantes in PEx!

Are you vigilant and always ready for action? This is your chance to be a "PEX POLICE"

read more

PHOTOS: DLSU Notches First Win

Jason Perkins drained big baskets in the clutch to help DLSU escape NU 57-55 and notch their first win in the UAAP Season 77.

read more

UAAP Basketball Power Rankings: Week 2

Are the Blue Eagles back on top again? Check out this week's PEx UAAP Season 77 Basketball Power Rankings.

read more

PHOTOS: Cagayan upsets Army

Cagayan Valley Rising Sun hands Philippine Army its first loss through 4 sets, 27-25, 20-25, 25-23, 25-22

read more

Review: Hercules

Bordering on ridiculous, Dwayne Johnson delivers and Hercules is a fun and entertaining ride.

read more

FIBA Worlds Special Feature

PEx's resident local hoops guru, Jay P. Mercado, ranks the greatest RP teams in the "open basketball" era.

read more

View Poll Results: Who do you want to win?

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • Amber

38 25.17%
  • Angie

54 35.76%
  • Candice

23 15.23%
  • Janelle

2 1.32%
  • Kree

34 22.52%
Page 35 of 196 FirstFirst ... 25 34 35 36 45 85 135 ... LastLast
    finally an interesting auditionee in Kezban

no, i wouldn't say her(?) vocals is exceptional but she is decent. it's her personality, style and look that make her interesting. she looks ill-fit for Idol though, she seems more appropriate for The Voice

kaloka si mariah...hindi na talaga ***** mawawala ang pagka insekyora niya kaya medjo plastikada magcomment...pero kebs, i still love her, the singer not the person..

M. IAM... TEC - 05272014 CRAZY4MC's Avatar
    Primetime Ratings: 'Idol' Premiere Down 19%
    Debut of new judges Nicki Minaj, Mariah Carey, Keith Urban draws 17.9 million viewers
    By Tim Baysinger -- Broadcasting & Cable, 1/17/2013 11:09:56 AM

The 12th season premiere of Fox's American Idol on Wednesday drew a 6.0 rating with adults 18-49, according to Nielsen overnight numbers. That was down 19% from the show's premiere last year (Jan. 18, 2012). The two-hour debut of new judges Nicki Minaj, Mariah Carey and Keith Urban averaged 17.9 million total viewers, which was a drop-off of 18%.

Fox still easily won the night with an overall 6.0 rating/16 share.

ABC took second with a 2.5/7, as much of its lineup was down against increased competition. The Middle dropped a tenth to a 2.3, The Neighbors fell two tenths to a 1.9, Modern Family was down 9% to a 4.3 and Suburgatory was off 8% to a 2.2. At 10 p.m., Nashville was up a tenth to a 2.2.

CBS came in third at 2.1/6. Following a repeat of NCIS, Criminal Minds returned from its last original in December down 10% to a 2.8 and CSI came back up a tenth to a 2.3.

The CW returned its Wednesday lineup to finish ahead of NBC with an overall 1.0/3. Arrow was up a tenth with 18-49s to a 1.1 and even with 18-34s with a 0.9. Supernatural was even with 18-49s with a 0.9 and up a tenth with 18-34s with a 0.9 as well.

NBC aired repeats to finish with a 0.8/2.

Broadcasting & Cable

TV ratings: 'American Idol' premiere down significantly from last year

By Rick Porter
    January 17, 2013 11:36 AM ET

Fast National ratings for Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2013

"American Idol" returned to FOX as Wednesday's top show, but its ratings were down a good amount in both viewers and adults 18-49.

The Season 12 premiere was down 19 percent in both measures from last year's 21.9 million viewers and adults 18-49. On the (sort of) bright side, that's less erosion than last year, which was down 24 percent vs. the Season 10 debut.

Elsewhere, "Criminal Minds" had its biggest total audience of the season for CBS, and "Modern Family" and rest of ABC's comedies held up reasonably well opposite "Idol." "Nashville" rose at 10 p.m.

FOX and "Idol" averaged 17.8 million viewers and a 10.2 rating/15 share in households for the night. CBS (10.7 million, 7.0/11) came in second, beating out ABC (7.5 million, 4.7/7). NBC (2.9 million, 2.0/3) finished fourth with a night of rerun. The CW trailed with 2.6 million viewers and a 1.5/2.

FOX dominated the adults 18-49 demographic with a 6.0 rating. ABC scored a 2.5 to finish second, beating CBS' 2.1. The CW's 1.0 was good enough for fourth, topping NBC's 0.8.

Wednesday hour by hour:

8 p.m.

FOX: "American Idol" season premiere (17.6 million viewers, 10.2/16 households)
    CBS: "NCIS" rerun (8.4 million, 5.7/9)
    ABC: "The Middle" (8.2 million, 5.1/8)/"The Neighbors" (6.2 million, 3.7/6)
    The CW: "Arrow" (3.1 million, 1.8/3)
    NBC: "Whitney" rerun (2.7 million, 1.8/3)/"Guys With Kids" rerun (2.4 million, 1.6/2)

18-49 leader: "American Idol" (5.7)

9 p.m.

FOX: "American Idol" season premiere (18 million, 10.2/15)
    CBS: "Criminal Minds" (12.5 million, 8.1/12)
    ABC: "Modern Family" (11 million, 6.7/10)/"Suburgatory" (6.35 million, 4.0/6)
    NBC: "Law & Order: SVU" rerun (2.7 million, 2.0/3)
    The CW: "Supernatural" (2.1 million, 1.2/2)

18-49 leader: "American Idol" (6.2)

10 p.m.

CBS: "CSI" (11.1 million, 7.3/12)
    ABC: "Nashville" (6.5 million, 4.3/7)
    NBC: "Chicago Fire" rerun (3.45 million, 2.3/4)

18-49 leader: "CSI" (2.3)

Ratings information includes live and same-day DVR viewing. All numbers are preliminary and subject to change. Source: The Nielsen Company.

Zap2it

Fox’s Mike Darnell Talks ‘American Idol’ Premiere Ratings, Teases “Susan Boyle Moment”, Mariah-Nicki Feud Storyline

By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Thursday January 17, 2013 @ 12:23pm PST

Fox‘s reality chief Mike Darnell, well known for his premiere anxiety, slept only an hour last night, nervously awaiting the ratings for the Season 12 debut of American Idol with new judges Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj and Keith Urban. When they came in this morning, Idol posted a 6.0/16 among Adults 18-49 and 17.9 million viewers, down 19% from last year’s opener but still higher-rated in the demo than ABC, NBC and CBS combined. “I’m relieved this morning,” Darnell said. “We knew the show would be down but god bless it did a very good number; it was much bigger than The Voice’s premiere.” He attributed the decline, despite the infusion of new judges, to having two singing competition series both in the fall (The Voice, X Factor) and the spring (The Voice, American Idol), in addition to America’s Got Talent in the summer. As a result, “they are all eroding,” Darnell said.

He is encouraged by early reaction and optimistic about Idol’s ratings performance this season. “There is so much talk and buzz about the new judging panel that I’m bullish that we will cut the (ratings) deficit,” Darnell said. He teased the much talked-about feud storyline between diva judges Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj, which he said starts at the Chicago auditions and culminates in Charlotte. He also touted the talent, highlighting a heavily stuttering contestant on tonight’s episode who Darnell believes will have a “Susan Boyle moment and will go viral,” a reference to the unassuming Britain’s Got Talent contestant who became a global Internet star overnight. “We have several really good contestants, and the show is more dynamic with the judges; it feels very refreshed,” Darnell said, teasing a format change that he believes would boost the live shows. But most of all, he bets on new judges, especially Mariah and Nicki, to bring in viewers in the elimination rounds. “I can’t edit the live shows,” he said.”Whatever passion is on that panel will come out.”

Deadline

Queen of GMTV 2013 Fanty_Management's Avatar
    Super enjoyed the Chicago auditions episode today..
    mas bongga sya kesa kahapon..

tawa ako ng tawa sa opening... hindi ko kinaya epic fail si girl!

There were a few standouts...

nabetan ko sila

Gabe "curly" Brown
    Curtis Finch
    Clifton Duffin
    Kezban
    Lazaro Arbos

and

GRIFFIN PETERSON!

Ang Hot ni Kuya!!! Keber kung hindi kagalingan!

Gosh dahil sa kanya nagkasundo si Ms. Minaj and Carey!

Am not diggin the girl named Mariah.. maganda lang story nya pero she's not a good singer..

and yes Johnny Keyser is back ... and as usual ang chaka nya talaga pumili ng song!

Hangg taray ni Haley Reinhart may cameo!

Mukhang next week na ang kaabang abang na warlahan ni Carey at ni Minaj!

Quote Originally Posted by sexy_tami View Post
    At nake note Mamang, BATA daw si Nicki! Buti pa siya! :rotlfmao:

gosh, may pulutan tayo this season!

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/upl...ya_Popcorn.gif
    Bata naman talaga si Nicki...

Yung idol nya parang hindi..

Lazaro has a nice backstory (which is being overhyped by American Idol as usual) but his voice is just average for me. I've watched his performance of Imagine prior to his Idol audition and I think he has improved a bit vocally and has gained more confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY4MC View Post
    Lazaro has a nice backstory (which is being overhyped by American Idol as usual) but his voice is just average for me. I've watched his performance of Imagine prior to his Idol audition and I think he has improved a bit vocally and has gained more confidence.
    I agree.
    Average lang naman voice nya. May shades of Clay aiken.

Pero I like him. Cutie naman. And LAMB sya like us.

Banned by Admin
    Minaj, Carey fail to boost 'American Idol' audience numbers
    January 18, 2013 2:19am

LOS ANGELES - The audience for "American Idol" slumped 19 percent to 17.9 million viewers, its lowest season opener, despite the debut of judges Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj and Keith Urban, according to early ratings data released on Thursday.

The two-hour premiere of the show's 12th season on Fox television also lost 19 percent of the 18-49 age group most coveted by advertisers, Nielsen figures showed. Total viewers dropped to 17.9 million from 21.9 million in 2012.

Despite the drop, "American Idol" was still the most watched show by a huge margin on U.S. television Wednesday night, beating all shows combined in the 18-49 demographic on the three other biggest TV networks.

Fox executives also noted that "Idol" beat the 2012 September premiere of NBC singing show rival "The Voice" by some 46 percent in total viewers.

"American Idol," long a ratings juggernaut for Fox, lost its eight-year crown as the most watched show on U.S. television last year to "Sunday Night Football."

Singers Carey, Minaj and country artist Keith Urban joined the show as judges after Jennifer Lopez and Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler left last year.

Fox is a unit of News Corp. — Reuters

source: http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story...dience-numbers

Yummy ni Griffin Peterson! Eye candy

Mas maraming outstanding auditions sa Chicago compared sa New York.

In fairness kay Johnny Keyser never say die talaga sa AI

Keith Urban is turning out to be the better judge among the three.

Daming fans ni Mariah sa mga nag-audition, kaya siguro init ng dugo ni Nicki

Bet ko din yung kumanta ng Back At One, i forgot the name.

I love Kez Ban!

I was captivated by her original song.

nicki minaj's smile is creepy.

OMG!! WGWG pala si Griffin Peterson!!!

Griffin Peterson

Malasa!!

I'm pretty sure everybody enjoyed AI's version of the King's Speech, eh?

Jessica Sanchez update

share ko lang dito

Quote Originally Posted by JunreyCio View Post
    Jessica Sanchez single featuring Neyo in Feb, Album in May

With "Idol" scheduled to rev back up again on Wednesday, big-voiced teen Sanchez got on the phone with MTV News recently to give us the lowdown on what she's been up to since being bested by Phillips and hitting the road with the rest of the top 10 last summer.

"I've been working on my album since the 'Idol' tour and I just finished it up," said Sanchez, who is preparing to drop her debut single in February. The song, whose title she would not reveal, is expected to feature a duet with Ne-Yo, who is among the producers/songwriters who helped work on the as-yet-untitled album.

He's joined by such veteran song masters as Toby Gad (One Direction, Kelly Clarkson), Harvey Mason Jr. (Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake) and Rykeyz (Wiz Khalifa, Fantasia) on the disc, which is due in the spring.

As for why it's taken so long to get her debut into the hands of her LittleBluJays, Sanchez said, "I wanted to make it perfect for the fans. "I've worked in the studio before, but going to that next level with such high producers? It was crazy ... working with Ne-Yo. Everything was such a blur and I was just a fangirl the whole time."

Sanchez had to fit those session in between "Idol" tour dates, often flying from a show to a different city to hop in the studio, then back out on the road the next morning last summer. The result is 16 tracks that Sanchez said achieved the feel the 17-year-old pocket-diva was after the whole time.

Jason Morey, executive vice president and worldwide head of music for 19 Entertainment told MTV News that the management company was in no hurry to rush Sanchez's debut out. "We wanted to develop her into an artist with longevity, and wanted her to put out a product that truly showcased her as the artist she wants to be and we wanted to take the time to make it perfect," he said. "She is truly a world class singer and we wanted to put her with the biggest producers and writers in the business ... She literally blew everyone away in the studio with her talent and as she began working, more opportunities arose for her to work with different people."

Sanchez said her focus was on sounding completely different from anything currently on the radio. She's pretty sure she got there, considering she often found herself dancing around the studio while listening to playbacks of the upbeat tracks.

"It's me, soulful, but more dancey," she said. There are, of course, a couple of ballads in the mix as well, which makes sense since she made her name on "Idol" with covers of songs by Celine Dion, Alicia Keys and Luther Vandross. "It's all completely me," she promised of the disc, which Morey described as an upbeat, mainstream pop disc with an R&B edge that might give "Idol" its first chance to land a contestant on top 40 radio in years. "And I'm excited about all of it," Sanchez said.

Before she even tried out for "Idol," Jessica said she knew exactly what kind of music she wanted to make and what kind of artist she wanted to be. And, after some hard work, the album is exactly what she pictured. "This is completely who I am and I'm excited to show it to everybody," she said.

While fans await the music, they can look for Sanchez in an upcoming four-episode arc on "Glee."
 The singer said creator Ryan Murphy called her people a few weeks after the "Idol" finale and asked for a meeting, which led to the gig. She's been taking acting classes and though she didn't know at press time what role she would be playing, Sanchez said the chance to work with Murphy is a huge honor.

The opportunity is so big, in fact, that Morey said the timing of the album release is coordinated to take advantage of the exposure from the show.

The biggest upcoming date on her calendar, though, is her first headlining gig in her mother's native country, the Philippines. Jessica's first solo concert will be before 15,000 fans and she'll have some help from her "Idol" homie, rocker Colton Dixon, who will open. "There might be a sneak peek of some songs [from the album]," she said. "Some 'Idol' songs, some covers."

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/170...can-idol.jhtml

from Inday's thread

http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/...70911&page=151

My mom, being the conservative that she is, doesn't like Nicki Minaj. She thinks that Nicki has an attitude problem. I told her that it could just be an act because what she does (aside from rapping) is what gives her a career and makes her stay relevant in this reality TV/social media obsessed age that we are in. Mom replied, "Hindi bagay."

But she likes Lady Gaga. She is amused by Gaga's outrageous outfits and antics.

Page 35 of 196 FirstFirst ... 25 34 35 36 45 85 135 ... LastLast