Overview: Balsam Brands is looking for a Junior SEO to join our growing SEO team in the Philippines. The Junior SEOwill work closely with the SEO Manager to optimize the company’s ecommerce websites, implement search strategies, and track the effectiveness of their campaigns. The ideal candidate is someone with excellent English skills, strong analytic capabilities, and basic knowledge of SEO or online marketing.
This is a home-based position with flexible hours, although daily reporting is required. As such, a fast and reliable Internet connection is a must.Because of the remote nature of work, occasional late nights and/or early evenings will be required to facilitate communication with the US-based management team. In general, working hours occur during Philippine-business hours.
Interested applicants must exhibit the ability to ensure the confidentiality and security of all company files and information.
• Implement link-building strategies such asdirectory submissions and various email outreach initiatives
• Keyword research and meta data creation
• Optimize pages for search engines
• Provide metrics for and analyze the SEO value of a page
• Research the latest trends and stay up-to-date with SEO news
• Perform other related duties as required, such as data analysis or monitoring
• Eventually become the SEO lead for one or more sites, executing on-site SEO and monitoring performance. This would lead to more interaction with others on the US-based team and carrying out requests
• High proficiency of the English language. Excellent written English is required
• Basic knowledge of search engine optimization and/or online marketing
• Experience with keyword research, meta data creation, and link-building a plus
• Proficiency in MS Office programs, particularly MS Excel. Must be able to present information in various documents, tables and spread sheets
• Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to prioritize daily work in a fast-paced environment
• Proactive and professional communication with team members
• Able to learn quickly and work with minimal supervision
• Strong computer literacy and ability to learn different software programs
• Able to accept feedback and willing to receive training
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Optional: experience with Google Webmaster Tools and Google Analytics
• Optional: Basic understanding of certain HTML elements, such as hyperlinks, meta data, and no-follow tags
About Balsam Brands: Balsam Brands is an innovative ecommerce retailer of home décor and other consumer products. Based in Silicon Valley, Balsam Brands operates market-leading websites such as www.balsamhill.com and www.backyardocean.com. The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Location: Home-based in the Philippines, ideally the Metro Manila area or easy driving distance to Metro Manila for team meetings and training.
Status: Full-time, Work at home.
Instructions: Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with subject line; (Pin-Ex: Junior SEO - (Lastname