PEx Highlights

PEx Halloween: Pinoy Horror Stories

Nakakita ka na ba ng aswang o multo? Nakaramdam ng masamang spirito at mga maligno? Kwento mo na dito!

read more

PHOTOS: Purefoods Back to Winning Ways

Mark Barroca starred in a furious 2nd half comeback win against the GlobalPort, scoring 25 points for Purefoods.

read more

REVIEW: Beauty in a Bottle

Beauty in a Bottle is worth the look thanks to its witty and poignant script and terrific performances from its cast.

read more

Inflatable robot Baymax takes the spotlight!

In Disney's Big Hero 6, a plus-sized inflatable robot named Baymax makes a difference in the life of teen prodigy Hiro Hamada.

read more

PHOTOS: Aces Demolish Bolts

Alaska went on a demolition job against Meralco, defeating the Bolts by an embarrassing 41-point deficit, 105-64.

read more

FEATURE: Expectations for Gilas 3.0

With Chot Reyes out of the picture and the Gilas program 'under review', JPM ponders on the possibilities that may happen in the new Gilas.

read more

Page 213 of 251 FirstFirst ... 113 163 203 212 213 214 223 ... LastLast
Results 4,241 to 4,260 of 5002
    Quote Originally Posted by elbonito View Post
    Scholarships? All Universities give scholarships to deserving athletes. i don't know why it's not obvious to you that NU is giving something extra to athletes, something extralegal.
    Think about it. NU as a university has no brand equity (let's look at this at a capitalist's point of view please because that's the world we are living in), has had no history of athletic prowess, and yet manages to seduce top athletes.

Wag na tayo magbulag-bulagan and let's not make excuses for NU.

Some may argue that this is good because this will make NU more competitive in the UAAP. My answer to that is, why not evict NU from UAAP? It's obviously not performing well in practically all aspects, why do we have to keep it in the league? Why not include San Beda or other competitive schools?

#SONA
    Uy, thank you for taking the time to adequately address the issue I raised ha, especially for actually countering the arguments instead of just making condescending remarks like some have. Yours is a sensible post worth replying to.

That said, I think na-address na ni curiouser sufficiently 'yung points and I defer to his wisdom. Reiterate ko na lang na since you speak of extralegal, and necessarily of rules, then the starting point should be the latter. Actually, when I mentioned "scholarships," I meant it to cover stipends, signing bonus, etc. because I know, albeit only from hearsay, that these things are given to student-athletes. Right now, AFAIK, wala pa namang rules to govern these things.

These practices are not new eh, especially in basketball teams like Ateneo's and La Salle's. I wonder bakit ngayon lang nagiging issue with the emergence of NU. Well, I'm not here to defend them naman. The topic belongs to another thread. I just raised a point and NU's involvement was merely incidental.

Sorry for the OffT!
    Last edited by Kirkegaard; May 28, 2013 at 07:02 AM.

Prolly because that someone didnt have the patience to explain to you what was apparent in the previous posts, should you not have committed that epic mistake of commenting without considering context. Actually goes without saying.

Sorry seems to be the hardest word afterall. :ROTFLMAO:

Quote Originally Posted by feelingero View Post
    You can easily pass off everything as devoid of 'extralegal' interventions.

Money talks. Life is not fair. Man is born evil. Thank you Soc Sci 2.
    And this is the sad reality. Money talks, and the promise of a quality education simply just murmurs.

Sorry seems to be the hardest word afterall. :ROTFLMAO:
    Magha-hug na 'yan. Charla! Hahahaha.

feelingero

Context is a lousy excuse to skirt my point. You said what you said about NU. It was a point distinct from your first. Anyway, nand'yan naman sa thread. Let the readers discern na lang.

But the condescending remarks are meh.

Again, I enjoin the others na lang to judge. Anyhow alam ko naman ang aking mental abilities.

O sige na, carry on with the flow of the thread, please.

no, friends, continue lang with the little catflight. basta wag lang please bababa sa kangkong (last na to!) levelz of argumentation

Actually healthy nga ang discussion na nagaganap e. and I don't think na off topic to kasi it still concerns the UP Pep Squad. Kaya go lang kids. Let the catfight continue. *gets popcorn*

mayaman ako sa oras, bat ba? hihihihi

PNG GAP-Cheerleading ranking
    (TEAM - Gold - Silver - Bronze)
    1. UP 4-0-0
    2. CEU 1-1-2
    3. RHUFA'S 1-1-0
    4. EAC 1-0-0
    POVEDA 1-0-0
    6. UST 0-3-1
    7. MIRIAM 0-1-1
    8. ZAMBOANGA 0-1-0
    9. LETRAN 0-0-1
    PUP 0-0-1
    LPU 0-0-1

ilabas na rin ang score sheets please!

Ikaw nga ni Jenna Hamilton, "Sorry, I'm not sorry."
    At ni Sadie Saxton, "And I feel guilty... that I don't feel guilty."

Quote Originally Posted by mamawatakiki View Post

1. UP 4-0-0
    2. CEU 1-1-2
    3. RHUFA'S 1-1-0
    4. EAC 1-0-0
    POVEDA 1-0-0
    6. UST 0-3-1
    7. MIRIAM 0-1-1
    8. ZAMBOANGA 0-1-0
    9. LETRAN 0-0-1
    PUP 0-0-1
    LPU 0-0-1
    Gawan mo na ng wiki page.

Quote Originally Posted by leviathan12 View Post
    ilabas na rin ang score sheets please!
    Yes please. I'm very interested.

Kirkegaard dear...

Haha. You think it was condescending? It was a mere observation for your epic failure man. No matter how you put it. You obviously did not understand the flow of discussion. That I was wrong when I thought a simple- please backread to understand where I was coming from- was enough for you to understand things. Because I thought you were level headed. Turned out it wasnt enough. So I guess that just validated my observation didnt it? That you needed such a litany of what brand equity is from two other people to admit you were wrong? Funny eh? Context is not lousy. Context is fundamental in any discourse. Thats 3rd Grade English! You just dont go storming in in a discussion. You know what people call that? Sabatera. Sabat ng sabat hindi naman alam ang pinaguusapan. Also that's GMRC!

Condescending? The truth hurts. It slaps you in the face like an infuriated b1tch. LOL.

1. UP 4-0-0
    2. CEU 1-1-2
    3. RHUFA'S 1-1-0
    4. EAC 1-0-0
    POVEDA 1-0-0
    6. UST 0-3-1
    7. MIRIAM 0-1-1
    8. ZAMBOANGA 0-1-0
    9. LETRAN 0-0-1
    PUP 0-0-1
    LPU 0-0-1
    Sino pa nga yung other teams? Alam ko 19 yata sila?

Quote Originally Posted by piniskat View Post
    Actually healthy nga ang discussion na nagaganap e. and I don't think na off topic to kasi it still concerns the UP Pep Squad. Kaya go lang kids. Let the catfight continue. *gets popcorn*
    A ganon? So ako lang ang magtatrabaho dito for your entertainment? Ano na nga ulit yung poll na pinaguusapan nyo kagabi?
    ____ vs ____. I think now's the best time to do that, Mr. Commissioner.

A ganon? So ako lang ang magtatrabaho dito for your entertainment? Ano na nga ulit yung poll na pinaguusapan nyo kagabi?
    ____ vs ____. I think now's the best time to do that, Mr. Commissioner.
    English kasi ang discussion niyo. Dumudugo ilong ko kaya kayo na lang muna magtrabaho for our entertainment. Hahahaha.

Ay hindi ako ang nagsabi ng poll na yan. Si Hecky at si bigQ yun. I was merely a what do you call that sa previous post mo? Sabatera. Taga-gawa ng sabatos sa Marikina. Charla. Hahaha

Thumbs up

1. UP 4-0-0
    2. CEU 1-1-2
    3. RHUFA'S 1-1-0
    4. EAC 1-0-0
    POVEDA 1-0-0
    6. UST 0-3-1
    7. MIRIAM 0-1-1
    8. ZAMBOANGA 0-1-0
    9. LETRAN 0-0-1
    PUP 0-0-1
    LPU 0-0-1
    Check this:
    http://www.philstar.com/sports/2013/...-games-4-golds
    (The Philippine Star) | Updated May 28, 2013 - 12:00am

Partner Stunts
    UP Pep Squad | Gold (104 points)

Group Mixed Stunts
    UP Pep Squad | Gold (106 points)
    UST SDT | Silver (85.5 points)
    CEU | Bronze (82 points)

Cheer Mixed
    UP Pep Squad | Gold (205 points)

Cheerdance
    UP Pep Squad | Gold (233.5 points)

PNG 2013 Judges
    • Yuko Minegishi (Japan) | IFC-FJCA (Foundation of Japan Cheerleading Association)
    • Nontakan Saikalaicham (Thailand)
    • Ami Sulistyo (Indonesia) | IFC-ICC (Indonesian Cheerleading Community)

--------------------

Kahit late na: CONGRATULATIONS UP PEP SQUAD!!!
    Last edited by cybrkyle; May 28, 2013 at 06:39 PM.

“If their scores are near the silver-medal scores of the last world championships held in Hong Kong two years ago, then we will consider sending them to the Bangkok competition in November,” Alvia said.
    Mukhang qualified ang UP Pep sa CWC sa 4 na categories na sinalihan nila sa PNG. And with that 1-day score in Dance, there's a big chance they can win the gold this year (assuming the same criteria for judging apply).

Tawang tawa naman ako sa sapatera comment mes madame Piniskat!!! Witty huh.

PNG 2013 Gymnastics Official Scores:

http://www.png.psc.gov.ph/Results/Gymnastics.pdf (page 24+)

Ganun pala ka-boring yung cheer mixed. lol

no team comes close to the best cheerleading/dancing team in the pinas. fact!

Page 213 of 251 FirstFirst ... 113 163 203 212 213 214 223 ... LastLast