PEx Highlights

The Best of 2014: PExers Choice Awards

The results are finally here! Find out who won the hearts of the PinoyExchange community in The Best of 2014: PExers Choice Awards!

read more

Where are you staying this Holiday Season?

Join the Call Center promo and get a chance to win Pizza Inc Gift Certificates!

read more

FEATURE: Top UAAP Stories in 2014

We take a look back to reflect and celebrate the best stories in the UAAP that happened in the past year.

read more

PEx Christmas: The PBA Christmas Wishlist

'tis the season of gifts and wishlists! JPM plays Santa's consultant and lists down the best Christmas gift for each PBA team.

read more

GALLERY: PBA Philippine Cup Semifinals

Check out photos from each game of the PBA Philippine Cup Semis here!

read more

REVIEW: Laggies

If Laggies was an animal, it will be an old turtle -- slow, old and boring. Read our full review here.

read more

Sun, Oct 19

FINAL

KIA80

Tue, Oct 21

FINAL

NLEX101

Wed, Oct 22

FINAL

Fri, Oct 24

FINAL

Sat, Oct 25

FINAL

KIA55

Sun, Oct 26

FINAL

SMB87

Tue, Oct 28

Wed, Oct 29

FINAL

Fri, Oct 31

FINAL

Sun, Nov 2

FINAL

SMB103

Tue, Nov 4

FINAL

KIA79

Wed, Nov 5

FINAL

FINAL

SMB63

Fri, Nov 7

Sat, Nov 8

FINAL

SMB79

Sun, Nov 9

Tue, Nov 11

FINAL

KIA75

Wed, Nov 12

FINAL

Fri, Nov 14

FINAL

Sat, Nov 15

Sun, Nov 16

FINAL

KIA71

FINAL

SMB79

Tue, Nov 18

Wed, Nov 19

FINAL

FINAL

KIA74
SMB90

Fri, Nov 21

FINAL

NLEX104

FINAL

Sat, Nov 22

Sun, Nov 23

Tue, Nov 25

FINAL

SMB95

Wed, Nov 26

FINAL

KIA77

Fri, Nov 28

FINAL

FINAL

SMB88

Sat, Nov 29

Sun, Nov 30

Tue, Dec 2

FINAL

FINAL

Wed, Dec 3

FINAL

KIA93

Fri, Dec 5

FINAL

SMB101

Sun, Dec 7

FINAL

KIA80

Tue, Dec 9

FINAL

SMB91

Thu, Dec 11

FINAL

Fri, Dec 12

Sun, Dec 14

FINAL

Tue, Dec 16

Thu, Dec 18

Fri, Dec 19

FINAL

SMB109

Sat, Dec 20

Sun, Dec 21

05:00 PMMoA ArenaSMBTALK N TEXT

Mon, Dec 22

04:15 PMMoA ArenaRAIN OR SHINEALASKA

Tue, Dec 23

07:00 PMMoA ArenaSMBTALK N TEXT

Thu, Dec 25

04:15 PMMoA ArenaRAIN OR SHINEALASKA

Fri, Dec 26

07:00 PMMoA ArenaSMBTALK N TEXT
Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 20 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    Virusz17, dont be confused, yun air21 sa jdv-reyes trade is now barako bull...

Yun air21 team now is the old shopinas team

Not necesarilly. Doesn't have to be exact. All I'm saying is potential + height vs pba ready talent.

Quote Originally Posted by LakersAcesFan View Post
    2007 nba draft?
    so,
    Center: Oden - Fajardo?
    Sf: Durant - Ellis?
    Pf: Horford - Hodge?
    haha
    HAHAHA pwede LOL

San si Calvin Abueva?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ticket View Post
    Virusz17, dont be confused, yun air21 sa jdv-reyes trade is now barako bull...

Yun air21 team now is the old shopinas team

tol alam ko.. kaya nga nagccontradict yung last link niya tas link na binigay ko..

from JDV-Jr Alaska gets -2011&2012 pick of AIR21(Barako na ngayon) 2nd round

from Maliksi-Kerby-YDO B-MEG will receive Yancy de Ocampo and a 2012 second round pick from Barako Bull.

ayan tol ohh nagccontradict..

^ok, may isang writer malamang dyan ang nagmarunong at mali ang sinulat...

Quote Originally Posted by Shoshin View Post
    As for Japeth, even with his Smart Gilas Stint, he was sparingly used by Toroman. He was not even used that much in his NCAA stint. His agent, Matthew Manotoc, is saying he is not a Center. He is comfortable playing SF/PF and that is also something that is contributing to his mediocre PBA career.

As for Rabeh, He is a good player but his attitude was the problem.

as Andy Siegle and the rest of the BUST Fil-ams, we now see how important it is to actually see them play for long stretches and not just in You tube or highlight videos. The D-League and ABL will certainly help with that. This also goes for home grown talents from the South. Scouting report isn't that difficult but the competition here is not as good as in UAAP or NCAA.
    i think someone already hated me for not being high on fajardo. i am still not saying that he's the best player on the draft but I am sure that he is what petron needs in the draft as of the moment. what petron needs is a starting center and a backup PG/combo guard that could probably be fajardo and ellis.

with that said, andy seigle had to be picked that year. Looking back on his 1997 PBA Draft batchmates, only Nic Belasco (2nd) had a better career than him and belasco's career didn't develop until he played for smb which was why he became the rookie of the year. the first round then had jason webb, estong ballesteros, lowell briones, gabby cui, long david, and others. even with all the youtube tapes, a 6'8 inside threat (whose only fault is that he sucks like hell in terms of health) is not a thing to pass up for two fil-am bigs.

besides, the guy ended up averaging 9.7ppg, 6.9rpg, and 1.03bpg in a ten-year SEVERELY injury-plagued career.

^^ Andy Siegle was overshadowed by the Fil Shams and other Fil-ams that came after him but nonetheless, he had a decent career. Just plagued by injuries.

We all have different opinion on Junmar Fajardo. It is really hard to get a good scouting report on him. Still I believe Hodge is the best Talent in the Draft but not necessarily who Petron needs.

For me I think Abueva is the best talent in this upcoming rookie draft. He's not that big but he is a warrior and always play aggressive and full of hustle.

Quote Originally Posted by brahma_bull View Post
    i don't mean to sound negative about this fajardo dude, but, didn't japeth get high praises, too??? he was being referred to as the next big thing in philippine basketball, right?? look where he is now.. he doesn't even get the playing time because i think chot doesn't see much from his game... i know that comparing fajardo and aguilar isn't really warranted, but somehow, when prospects gets these much hype, odds are they are not gonna make it that big in the pba... just look at these names: andy seigle (agile big man, bigger version of meneses), jon ordonio (kobe look-a-like), samigue eman, rabeh al husaini and aguilar.... except for ordonio, the bigs i mentioned had high praises prior to their drafting and look where they are now... unless we start seeing them play in the pba, we can't really adjudge them as something they aren't... fajardo may have done well in his stint in the abl... but will he be able to dominate the pba when he gets drafted?? that remains to be seen... just my 2 cents...
    Guys like Kelly Williams, Jason Castro, Eric Menk, Asi Taulava received a lot of MEDIA hype and they actually lived up to the expectations. The names you've mentioned in comparison to Fajardo...we can actually treat them as different cases compared to that of Junmar.

Andy Seigle - IMO, he's not a bust. For starters, he won the ROY of 1997 and dished out numbers that rivaled the best bigman of that time, Marlou Aquino. His career went on a downspiral after Mobiline drafted another player who happens to play the same position as he has. He had to play 2nd fiddle to Taulava before being dealt to Purefoods. He had a career renaissance with the Hotdogs but chronic and debilitating injuries hampered his career throughout.

Jon Ordonio - He was hyped mainly for 1 thing...he looks like Kobe Bryant but skill-wise I doubt if someone even bothered to scout him. He was a complete mystery after PopCola brought him as a direct hire into the PBA. He showed some potential in his 1st game vs SMB but never lived up to that promise.

Samigue Eman - uhmmmm. I can't recall any scouting report that hyped Eman's basketball skills. Aside from his size and his father's affinity with San Miguel which explains his name, Samigue...there's nothing to talk about him. His draft batchmates such as Devance, Reyes and Intal were given much attention and received positive reviews from coaches. Inexplicably, Siot Tangquincen picked Eman. (and Boyet Fernandez laughing at his back)

Rabeh Al-Hussaini - Like Andy Seigle, I can't really say he's a bust. He won the 2010 ROY and showed eveyone how dominant he can be if healthy. His career took a dip after that ACL injury and never regained the confidence from the SMB/Petron coaching staff. I still believe he can be a great player in the future provided he's in the right mindset and with the right team.

Japeth Aguilar - Despite the high marks he got from coaches/scouts, there were several indications that Aguilar will turn out the player he is today. It can be noted that HE NEVER BECAME A STAR PLAYER FOR THE 2 TEAMS HE PLAYED IN COLLEGE. He was a SOLID ROLEPLAYER at best with Ateneo while he was an INJURY PRONE BENCH PLAYER WITH WKU. Although he improved tremendously in WKU of which he was primarily used as a twinner forward, his inability to play due to injuries limited his basketbal knowledge. Despite his height and out of this world athleticism, he doesn't know how to use these gifts and translate it in basketball games. Worse, he played under coaches who rely on system rather than sheer talent/athleticism...this is why he rotted on the benches of Rajko Toroman and Chot Reyes.

Fajardo's comparison to the likes of Feihl and Eman is unfair. Fajardo has a wider skill set than these 2 combined. While Feihl, Eman and even Aguilar never became cornerstones of their collegiate teams, Fajardo did star for University of Cebu.

Ask ko lang ito bang si Fajardo kasing galing ni Marlou Aquino, skill and talent wise during his amateur days? Ang problema kasi kay Fajardo hindi sya nasalang sa d-league at even sa ncaa or uaap kaya hindi masyadong kilala ang galaw nya unlike Marlou na dominado ang PBL noon. Kung kasing galing sya ni Marlou or mas magaling sya, may pag asa syang umasenso sa PBA.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzper View Post
    Ask ko lang ito bang si Fajardo kasing galing ni Marlou Aquino, skill and talent wise during his amateur days? Ang problema kasi kay Fajardo hindi sya nasalang sa d-league at even sa ncaa or uaap kaya hindi masyadong kilala ang galaw nya unlike Marlou na dominado ang PBL noon. Kung kasing galing sya ni Marlou or mas magaling sya, may pag asa syang umasenso sa PBA.
    It's difficult to compare since Marlou Aquino was against superior opposition like Dennis Espino of UST and Telan of DLSU in the UAAP. Fajardo only had his chance against the big universities of NCR in the PCCL. Here are some of his stats:

2008 PCCL
    vs Letran Knights
    24 points, 12 rebounds, 9 BLOCKS

2009 PCCL
    vs UE Red Warriors
    24 points

2010 PCCL
    vs Ateneo Blue Eagles
    30 POINTS, 15 REBOUNDS, 60% FG shooting

vs La Salle Green Archers
    16 points, 21 REBOUNDS, 5 BLOCKS

2011 PCCL
    vs Ateneo Blue Eagles
    12 points, 9 rebounds in just 14 minutes

vs San Sebastian Stags
    20 points, 12 rebounds, 1 assist, 3 blocks

vs San Beda Red Lions
    24 points, 14 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal

vs San Beda Red Lions (Battle for 3rd place)
    24 points, 24 REBOUNDS, 3 assists, 2 blocks

NOTE: The 3 games of the semis, Fajardo was bothered by a gimpy knee.

Comparing Fajardo to Feihl or Eman is totally inaccurate. Grabbing 24 rebounds against SBC which has one of the deepest bigman rotation in collegiate basketball is INSANE! It will take a lifetime for Feihl/Eman to collar 24 rebounds...Fajardo does it in a game.

Taking it from an article of Interbasket.net " What’s next for Junmar? He’s still quite young, reportedly 21 years old, but already the sky is the limit for this young man as far as Philippine basketball is concerned, whether it is with Smart Gilas (where his height and skills are sorely needed by the National Team), or the PBA. Since he is relatively young, he might even have a shot at a US NCAA Division 1 school.

Nevertheless, every PBA team would be willing to hire him right now if they can. No less than legendary player and coach Norman Black said quoted as saying that Junmar is already PBA-Material. For the PBA, the Age of the Kraken is about to commence …"
    Last edited by Loofee; Jul 27, 2012 at 03:33 PM.

Si coach Tim gusto rin yung laro at potential ni Junmar.

NoliEala Noli Eala
    @manilacone was all praise for Junmar Fajardo. Says he has all 3 basic things for a great big man: 1)good hands 2)balance n coord 3)speed

I think Junmar will do great in the PBA.

eman was said to be the next marlou aquino and while in the pbl he was often regarded as the second coming of yancy de ocampo. now i don't hate yancy because all the guy needed was trust from his employers (that's why he had a mythical ten citation back in tnt and he is now having a career rebirth with b-meg) but i don't understand why eman can't deliver. sure he is the second center off the alaska bench but he is averaging less than ten minutes per game. thoss can thrive in the pf spot as seen when there are 7-foot imports but for some reason he couldn't.

that's why i too wanted fajardo to play in the d-league before even going to the abl. iba ang training ng ikaw ang star player. marlou aquino had a lot of that in the pbl. when yancy was in welcoat, that team's best player was renren ritualo.

but then again maybe that's the training smc wants from junmar since if he'll join petron - he'll likely have to play behind arwind, washington, cabagnot, lutz, lassiter, and hontiveros, yeo, or ildefonso in terms of importance.

this was before i saw his monster stats though! 30 points 15 rebounds!?

Quote Originally Posted by sydrified View Post
    eman was said to be the next marlou aquino and while in the pbl he was often regarded as the second coming of yancy de ocampo. now i don't hate yancy because all the guy needed was trust from his employers (that's why he had a mythical ten citation back in tnt and he is now having a career rebirth with b-meg) but i don't understand why eman can't deliver. sure he is the second center off the alaska bench but he is averaging less than ten minutes per game. thoss can thrive in the pf spot as seen when there are 7-foot imports but for some reason he couldn't.

that's why i too wanted fajardo to play in the d-league before even going to the abl. iba ang training ng ikaw ang star player. marlou aquino had a lot of that in the pbl. when yancy was in welcoat, that team's best player was renren ritualo.

but then again maybe that's the training smc wants from junmar since if he'll join petron - he'll likely have to play behind arwind, washington, cabagnot, lutz, lassiter, and hontiveros, yeo, or ildefonso in terms of importance.

kaya whoever alaska picks will be lucky especially if he can help push the aces out of the gutter.
    Who exactly said Eman is the next Marlou Aquino? or the 2nd coming of Yancy? Any links? And can you give us Eman's stats in the amateurs just for comparison?

I have given proofs that Fajardo is different from Eman. To back up my words coz I'm not just inventing stats or statements: here are the links:

http://chinoyhoopsfan.blogspot.com/2...sbc-vs-uc.html

http://www.interbasket.net/news/7319...unmar-fajardo/

Norman Black, Tim Cone, Robert Jaworski, Rajko Toroman..these guys are authority in Philippine basketball. And all of them arrived at a similar conclusion...Fajardo is PBA-ready. If these people think he's prepared for the pro-ball, there's no reason why Fajardo has to go the D-League route. Trainings can only do so much for a player. Eman was even sent to the US for a bigman camp. SMB mgmt even hired Alton Lister as bigman coach but to no avail. If a player doesn't have IT, HE DOESN'T HAVE IT!

You keep on insisting that Petron is committing an error if they draft Fajardo...and that Fajardo will just end up a bust.

While you keep on glorifying Alaska...telling us that they are lucky to pick at no.2. Huh? To tell you the truth, the Alaska camp is very disappointed that they didn't win the lottery and they are even contemplating to trade their 2nd pick...is that lucky for you?

when it comes to bigman, ABL can provide that edge in development. He played against this former Imports and aside from that, they are agile , big and heft enough to play the position.

IMHO Fajardo will just embarass the midgets in D-League.

mr blogger you pulling again some imaginary context out of your brain.
    Eman didn't even have decent average in his collegiate and amateur days. aside from that, Eman doesn't have the the post-up moves to depend on, he's just a pure example of a "project" who could have been a pretty decent center if he was only given a proper training.

There are only three skills that a 7'0 player who likes to play in the PBA must possess........

1. speed - If this behemoth moves fast other than the other giants in the pba, then this is a very big advantage for him especially at the low post.

2. ballhandling and grip - If he possess this, he is undoubtedly unstoppable especially in the shaded lane. All he had to do is go inside and wait for a lob pass.

3. good free-throw shooting - Definitely a behemoth receives lots of fouls. If he can convert it, then this is really a big advantage.

^^ out of the three, sa good free throw lang yata pasok si EJ Feihl

Footwork is something A big man must posses para maging effective down low. That is what elevates Junmar among other bigman.

Don't recall Eman ever being hyped as the next important big man coming out of the amateur ranks. He was quintessentially considered a "project" because sometime in the past, he was blocking shots, running down the floor and was very mobile for his size. Saw glimpses of his potential during his stint with RP Cebuana Lhuillier at the 2004 Jones Cup where he was "dunking" a lot (off a break). Sadly, I have not been able to see that burst of potential on Philippine shores.

Junmar Fajardo should not be described in the same sentence as EJ and Samigue. He is the real deal! I am concerned though about his development as a player. When he was skinny, he had a soft touch from mid range. Remembered seeing him score 50 points in a game in Cebu. Now that he has grown strong, I haven't seen the same mid-range game from him again and insists on taking it strong inside almost exclusively when he gets the ball (the coachers probably instructed him to). Make no mistake about it though, he is a force inside. I would take him over Japeth any day. Strengths of Junmar: (1) well literally he is strong and does not back down, (2) warrior mentality, (3) strong low post game, (4) mobility and coordination. Weaknesses: (1) relatively on the slow side (compared to Japeth), (2) not athletic (below the rim game), (3) free throw shooting (this was not a problem before).

While I agree that Calvin Abueva is pound-for-pound the best prospect in the coming draft, Junmar should be taken number 1 overall because it is not every day you get to draft a 6-10 guy with his skillset. Junmar, Calvin and Cliff should be taken 1,2,3 in the draft, followed by Chris Tiu (if he applies), Chris Ellis, Kelly (Berry) Nabong, Alex Mallari, Aldrech Ramos, Vic Manuel, Keith Jensen and Jason Deutchman.

Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 20 29 30 31 ... LastLast