I'm a Senior in highschool and I've pretty much decided that I'm going to go to law school. Most preferably UP Law. But I'm not 100% certain yet on this path because there are still a few questions lingering in my head. I'd appreciate if you could answer some, if not all, of the questions.
I'm planning on becoming a Corporate lawyer. So after Law School, I want to end up in a good Law Firm which leads me to my first few questions.
1. How do Law Firms work? All my life I thought you get stable pay there and not on a client to client basis but here come people who say otherwise.
2. I'm planning on taking BS BAA in UPD if I can. Is this good for Pre Law? I know any course is acceptable as a pre-law but will this help me in the future?
3. Second choice course would be Management Engineering in Ateneo. Not sure if I can afford it though. So is this acceptable as well?
4. I did some research and found out good lawyers in the U.S. get around $70000 salary at entry-level per year. Which is definitely more than 100K pesos per month. This of course motivated me more in pursuing law but I heard from my neighbor (a lawyer who once worked at Sycip Salazar which in my understanding is the top law firm in the Philippines) that he only makes around 40000 per month. And he was Cum Laude. Not that money is all that matters, but lets be practical. It does play a big factor in choosing your career. How much do lawyers in good firms usually make per month?
5. Lastly, is it difficult to get in big law firms like Sycip Salazar? Lets say I don't get top 10 in the Bar Exam but get good grades in school. What happens then?
Yea, it's a lot. Hope you have time to answer em. ^^