HERE is a practical guide on Hanging vegetable garden from pippa5 who lives in Somerset, England and, according to her profile, loves problem solving and reusing/recycling materials for her projects. In this guide, she suggested to recycle some home materials to create a hanging vegetable garden she termed as "Vertical Vegetables".
Related articles: click the link
Urban vegetable farming helps achieve food security
The main purpose of Urban Agriculture is to increase the amount of food available to the people living in the city.
Some of the activities involved include:
1. Planting/raising of small quantities of vegetable crops/small fruit trees;
2. Cultivation of freshwater fish in containers;
3. Raising poultry and small livestock;
4. Raising of houseplants for indoor use (residential or office);
5. Vermi-composting (earthworm) of garden wastes; and
6. Gradual introduction of organic gardening concepts.