CINEMALAYA BARES FINALISTS FOR 2012 NEW BREED AND DIRECTORS SHOWCASE CATEGORIES
FINALISTS for the New Breed Full-Length Feature category and Directors Showcase for the 2012 Cinemalaya Independent Film Festival and Competition were announced recently.
The ten finalists in the New Breed Full-Length Feature category are: Ang Katiwala (The Caretaker) by Aloy Adlawan,Ang Nawawala (What Isn’t There) by Marietta “Marie” Jamora, Oros by Paul Sta. Ana, Apparition by Vincent Sandoval and Darlene Malimas, Dayo (Alien) by Julius Sotomayor Cena, Diablo by Mes de Guzman, Lola Igna by Eduardo W. Roy Jr., MNL 143 by Emerson Reyes, REQUIEME by Loy Arcenas, and Santa Nina by Emmanuel Q. Palo.
The five finalists in the Directors Showcase are: Bwakaw by Jun Lana, Kalayaan (Wildlife) by Adolfo B. Alix Jr.,Kamera Obskura by Raymond Red, Posas by Jeffrey Jeturian, and Mga Mumunting Lihim by Jose Javier Reyes. The Directors Showcase is open to full length feature works by Filipino directors who have directed at least three full-length commercial feature films.
Now on its eighth year, Cinemalaya is a project of the Cinemalaya Foundation, Cultural Center of the Philippines, Film Development Council of the Philippines and Econolink Investments, Inc. It is an all-digital film festival and competition that aims to discover, encourage and honor cinematic works of Filipino filmmakers that boldly articulate and freely interpret the Filipino experience with fresh insight and artistic integrity. See you at the Cinemalaya Independent Film Festival on July 20 to 29, 2012.
FINALISTS, NEW BREED CATEGORY
1. Ang Katiwala (The Caretaker) by Aloy Adlawan
2. Ang Nawawala (What Isn't There) by Marietta "Marie" Jamora
3. Oros by Paul Sta. Ana and Obet Villela
4. Apparition by Vincent Sandoval / Darlene Malimas
5. DAYO by Julius Sotomayor Cena
6. Diablo by Mes De Guzman
7. Lola Igna by Eduardo W. Roy Jr.
8. MNL 143 by Emerson Reyes (disqualified)
9. REQUIEME by Loy Arcenas
10. Santa Nina by Emmanuel Q.Palo
FINALISTS, DIRECTORS SHOWCASE CATEGORY
1. Bwakaw by Jun Lana
2. Kalayaan (Wildlife) by Adolfo B. Alix Jr.
3. Kamera Obskura by Raymond Red
4. Posas by Jeffrey Jeturian
5. Mga Mumunting Lihim by Jose Javier Reyes