About the Company:
Corel Corporation is a software company headquartered in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada that specializes in graphics processing. It is known for producing software titles such as CorelDRAW, Paint Shop Pro, WordPerfect, VideoStudio Pro, WinDVD & WinZIP.
Corel was founded in 1985, as a research laboratory and became, for a time, the biggest software company in Canada. In 1996 it acquired Novell WordPerfect. In 2005 Corel announced that the United States Justice Department purchased 50,000 licenses of WordPerfect (adding to the worldwide user base of 20 million) and that WordPerfect was adding 4 million new users per year thanks to bundling deals with Dell Computer. In 2006, Corel completed its acquisition of WinZip, a well-known archiving software title; and completed its acquisitions of InterVideo and Ulead. Then in January 2012, Corel acquired Roxio from Rovi Corporation. Roxio is known for its Toast, Creator and Game Capture software products.
COREL TW Corp. (Philippines) has been in business here in Makati City since 2001. Initially providing technical document writing services for its software products, and now doing email, chat and phone technical support for Australia and North America.
Hiring: 15 Level 1 Tech Support Representative (TSR) for a non-voice account – Email/Chat.
Level 1 TSR:
Receive all English language customer concerns and issues and provide superior Customer Service and/or Technical Assistance to Corel customers by e-mail and/or chat. As Product Support Specialist, you are responsible for and have access to all resources available to provide a resolution to a customer’s problem.
• Respond to first level customer requests through phone, chat, and/or email
• Resolve product or service complaints by probing; identifying the cause of the problem; providing and explaining the best resolution to the problem; and following up to ensure resolution.
• Attract potential customers by answering product related questions and offer suggestions about other products and services.
• Up sell/Cross-sell products and services.
• Maintain customer records by updating account information as needed.
• Escalate advanced/complex cases, if needed, to appropriate staff/group to promptly resolve the issue.
• Recommend improvements in product/service by collecting and analyzing customer information and feedback.
• Identify, document and alert supervisor/manager on trends in customer complaints.
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Meet or exceed Productivity, Service Level, and other Performance Metrics.
1. College graduate preferred, Degree or Diploma Graduate is also acceptable. Preferably from an IT technical course background, such as but not limited to: Computer Science, Programming courses, Information Technology courses, Computer Technician, etc. Other non IT courses are also accepted.
2. Applicant must possess very good command of the English language, both written & oral communication skills. Must be able to convey thought into English verbal or written language.
3. Applicant must be willing to work the nightshift.
4. Applicant should be customer service oriented and possess the innate ability or desire to provide technical support to customers.
5. Applicant should be able to work with minimum supervision in a results oriented environment.
6. Applicant should be tech savvy with interest in Digital Media, Photo and Video; and editing/production know how.
1. Work for a globally recognized software brand – COREL, and not some BPO company.
2. Offers a high starting salary to applicants with IT course background. (Starting: Php15,000.00 gross per month)
3. 25% night differential.
4. Flexible schedule.
5. HMO benefits upon regularization.
6. Cash Bonus/SPIFF incentives.
7. Company sponsored quarterly parties!
8. Fixed working weekdays: Mondays to Fridays; Fixed weekends off: Saturdays and Sundays.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS MAY SEND THEIR UPDATED RESUME WITH PICTURE TO JOBSPH@COREL.COM
Corel TW Corp. (Philippines)
5/F Coherco Corporate Center, 116 V.A. Rufino St., Legaspi Village, Makati City Philippines 1229