Name: Jolina Magdangal
Birthday: November 6, 1978
Birth Place: Quezon City
Showbiz Anniversary: January 1, 1992
Full Name: Maria Jolina Perez Magdangal
Claim to fame:
She started singing as a member of 14K, a group under the direction of Ryan Cayabyab.
"When I became a solo artist in Ang TV."
"Pag walang pasok [noon], nasa isang open field kami ng mga high school friends for a picnic. Kanya-kanya kaming dala ng food."
Jolina's hit list:
1. She likes watching TV, reading books, and taking care of her dogs.
2. Her close friends call her Jolens.
3. Her fave local actors are Maricel Soriano, Sharon Cuneta and Richard Gomez.
4. Her fave foreign actors are Al Pacino, Robert De Niro and Meryl Streep.
5. She's a big fan of Julia Roberts's movies.
6. She likes the music of Barbra Streisand, Celine Dion, Tori Amos, Alanis M., Bread, The Beatles and Babyface.
7. She loves the song "The Promise."
8. She likes reading romantic novels, specifically books written by Nicholas Sparks and Mitch Albom.
9. Her fashion icons are Regine Velasquez and Pops Fernandez.
10. Her role model is Sharon Cuneta.
Jolina wants to tour the world someday! She also doesn't like Mexican food.
Q & A
On the spot:
Why did you enter show business?
"I didn't expect to be here. It was my parents' idea to audition in 14k (Ryan Cayabyab’s musical group).
Everything was not planned, sobrang biglaan lang. Luckily, nakuha ako at nagtuluy-tuloy na."
If you weren’t in showbiz, what kind of career would you have?
"[Probably] running my own boutique and fashion gallery, or into public service or a social worker."
What are you most proud of?
"I am proud of my investments, 'yung bahay at boutique ko at siyempre 'yung natutulungan ko ang family ko."
What do you value most?
"I value my investments, my family and the people whom I made happy and have become part of my life."
What do you want to achieve?
"I want to have my own family."
What is your advice to aspiring artists?