PEx Highlights

10 Things to Watch Out for in UAAP Volleyball

We list down 10 things to look forward to this season from the Miefer Fever to EJ Laure and Jaja Santiago's crucial role for their respective teams!

read more

FEATURE: BasketBros: PBA's Best Buddies

We take a look at twelve couples who have formed relationships like real life brothers. Meet our BasketBros!

read more

REVIEW: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1

It feels forced and stretched. But hey, it's still Mockingjay. Check out our full review here!

read more

PROMO: Past Tense

Join the promo and get a chance to win block screening tickets to Past Tense!

read more

PHOTOS: Lady Spikers Win in Opening Tiff

The DLSU Lady Spikers opened their campaign with an impressive four-set win over the Adamson Lady Falcons, 25-23, 24-26, 25-14, 25-17.

read more

PHOTOS: FEU Takes Care of UP in 3 Sets

The FEU Lady Tamaraws easily dispatched the UP Lady Maroons in a three-set victory, 25-14, 26-24, 25-20

read more

Cortana powered by BING hethler's Avatar

FOX's "The Mob Doctor"

*Early pickup from FOX*

Plot:
    The Mob Doctor stars Jordana Spiro as a young female thoracic surgeon who becomes indebted to the South Chicago mafia and is forced to moonlight as a "mob doctor" while also working full-time at Chicago's most prominent hospital.Friday Night Lights' Zach Gilford and William Forsythe co-star in the Sony Pictures Television drama. Drop Dead Diva's Josh Berman and Robert Wright penned the pilot and will executive produce alongside Michael Dinner, who directed.

Complete program info and trailer coming up next after the official Upfront presentation.

Here's the official program description, keyart and trailer from FOX

"The Mob Doctor"
    For most physicians, the Hippocratic oath is sacred. But for one Chicago doctor, who is indebted to the mafia, saving lives isn't her only concern. THE MOB DOCTOR is a fast-paced medical drama featuring a brilliant young female cardiothoracic surgeon who is split between two distinct worlds as she juggles her promising medical career with her lifelong debt as a doctor to Chicago's Southside mob.

DR. GRACE DEVLIN (Jordana Spiro, "My Boys") is a top resident at Chicago's Roosevelt Medical Center. Smart and self-assured, she's heralded as one of the country's most promising young surgeons. But family ties keep her glued to her Southside roots. To pay off her brother's life-threatening gambling debt, she makes a deal with the devil and agrees to work "off book" for the mafia men she once despised.

During the day, Grace must deal with the emotionally compelling cases at Roosevelt Medical - a toddler in need of a heart transplant, an elderly man desperate to donate a lung to his sick wife, the mass chaos in the wake of a two-train collision on the ĎL.' But in her other vastly different world, she must juggle an onslaught of mob-related demands, including operating in mob-sanctioned locations, removing bullets from dead bodies to hide incriminating evidence, saving a juiced-up race horse and covertly helping an aging mobster with his erectile dysfunction.

All the while, Grace must keep her dual life a secret from everyone: her protective best friend, NURSE ROBERTA "RO" ANGELI (Floriana Lima, "Glory Daze"); her handsome, blue-blooded boyfriend, DR. BRETT ROBINSON (Zach Gilford, "Off The Map," "Friday Night Lights"); her boss at Roosevelt Medical and Chief of Surgery, DR. STAFFORD WHITE (Zeljko Ivanek, "The Event," "Damages"); her rival, DR. OLIVIA WATSON (Jaime Lee Kirchner, "Necessary Roughness," "Mercy"); even her well-meaning screw-up brother, NATE (Jesse Lee Soffer, "As the World Turns"), and her overly dramatic mother, DANIELLA (Wendy Makkena, "NCIS").

The only one who knows the true scope of Grace's activities is the man to whom Grace owes her debt: the charming and diabolical Southside mob boss CONSTANTINE ALEXANDER (William Forsythe, "Boardwalk Empire"), an oddly compassionate killer whose relationship with Grace is more than it seems. Recently released from prison, the former head of the Chicago mob looks to reclaim his place in the organization, with the help of his right-hand associate - and Grace's ex-boyfriend - FRANCO (James Carpinello, "The Good Wife").

As Grace tries to heed the demands of these two conflicting worlds - not to mention the needs of her own slightly dysfunctional family - her moral center comes into direct conflict with the very immoral things she's asked to do. But with nerves of steel and a tough-as-nails exterior, she somehow manages to make it all work - at least for now.

THE MOB DOCTOR is a production of Sony Pictures Television. The series is created and written by Josh Berman ("Drop Dead Diva," BONES, "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation") and Rob Wright ("Drop Dead Diva," "Las Vegas," "Crossing Jordan"). Berman, Wright and Emmy Award-winning director Michael Dinner ("Justified," "Chicago Hope") are executive producers. Dinner directed the pilot.

Trailer:

Upping this thread!

Guys, this Monday na ito

Preview #1

Preview #2

Excited na!

Downloaded the pilot ep! Will watch it later

I finally saw the pilot!

Since I got tired with Grey's/Private Practice/Off the Map (wow Shonda Rhimes lahat) and A Gifted Man (another medical drama + ghost) was already cancelled, I think I'll stick with The Mob Doctor

EDIT:
    "Fox's The Mob Doctor, opened with a 1.5 rating. That's less than half the 3.1 rating for the premiere of Terra Nova in 2011".

Quite low for sa standard ng FOX for Monday programming. I have a bad feeling on this... very bad....
    Last edited by hethler; Sep 18, 2012 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Updated: Added ratings

Ako lang ata nanunuod nito

Episode 2 is good! I'm already attached to the show and I'll be sad if this show got cancelled this early (not doing well on the the ratings)

Ako na lang ata ang PExer from ITV Thread na nanunuod nito (Parang sa case ng Unforgettable at A Gifted Man last Season ako ang gumawa ng thread ako lang din ang nagpo-post sa thread )

Anyway, I love the episode and the last few minutes.... I didn't see it coming. Interesting yung magiging conflicts/alliances etc on the forthcoming episodes.

Please FOX kahit 13 episodes lang, I'm not expecting for a full-season order but at least to wrap up everything in 13 episodes.... please Don't cancel this show yet, okay lang to put this on Friday but don't cancel it muna

Floriana Lima is hawt

I just died from the 2hr series finale preview of The Mob Doctor. Sad that this show got cancelled but nevertheless thank you FOX for the continuous airing

Wow! Just wow on the series finale of "The Mob Doctor". Actually, when I saw the preview for the last 2 episodes I knew itís good but didn't know itíll be this good! I was at the edge of my seat with everything happening really fast while trying to digest scene after scene. That confrontation scene of Devlin and Constantine that leads to Dr. Devlinís decision. Didn't see that coming especially after the revelation. Sadly, itís the end of the road for the show which struggled on its time-slot but I thank FOX for the uninterrupted airing of the series despite its low ratings. Iím glad that I keep this show on my list despite early prediction that it will be pulled-off on FOX schedule after the pilot episode!

The show is now listed on Amazon as pre-order the "complete series" meaning the show is really dead. Sony didn't even bothered on shopping this to other cable network

Too bad for SONY, producers of The Mob Doctor and Last Resort both were cancelled

omg na-cut na pala huhuhuuu was watching this show di ko alam may thread na pala. Episode 10 pa lang ako.... Franco + Devlin team ako HAHAHAHAH

"which one of you shot my mother?" HAHAHAHAAHAHAH LOVE

One of the best series finale I've ever seen, kakaiba siya.