PEx Highlights

PHOTOS: UE Keep Final Four Dream Alive

Despite not fielding in Roi Sumang, the UE Red Warriors managed to get a 64-55 win over the NU Bulldogs.

read more

Calling All Travel Bloggers!

Wanna get featured in PEx-Travel? Share with us your travel blogs and have your entries promoted around PinoyExchange!

read more

PHOTOS: Daquis Bags V-League MVP Plum

Wonder who won the other awards? Check out the Shakey's V-League Awarding gallery here!

read more

MOVIE REVIEW: The Giver

Very promising, but tries too hard to fit in the mold of the Hunger Games/Divergent series.

read more

Watch 'The Legend Ends' Trailer!

Check out the trailer of the final instalment of the Rurouni Kenshin series, 'The Legend Ends.'

read more

FIBA FEATURE: Do We Stand a Chance?

Do we really have a shot to make it through? JPM weighs in on the the odds of Gilas Pilipinas in the FIBA World Cup.

read more

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by imanh0rn View Post
    you're hitting yourself lol

kaya nga SOTTO is being OA with the report. instead of barking at CNN for the report, he should shut up and questino the local gov't why there are people (even 10 or 20 its still a problem) are eating papag

gets mo na?
    Sotto was still right to protest that story about pagpag because it gives the impression that a lot (= millions) of poor Pinoys eat pagpag. The CNN story did not clarify that it was an isolated case.

Hindi rin OA yung demand ni Sotto na i-pull out lahat ng DOT ads sa CNN dahil siyempre naman mag-a-ad ang gobyerno ng Pilipinas sa CNN tapos maglalabas ng feature story na ganun? Eh di parang nagtapon lang ng pera ang DOT dahil na cancel out ang benefit ng ad nung storya na yun?

RE It gives the impression that a lot (= millions) of poor Pinoys eat pagpag.
    HINDI NAMAN KATULAD NG PINOY KAKITID ANG UTAK NG MANONOOD NG CNN AM SURE.

sotto was still right to protest that story about pagpag
    ANG TANPONG HINDI BA TOTOO? KAILAN BA HULING UMIKOT SI SOTTO SA PILIPINAS PARA MALAMAN NYA ANG KALAGAYAN NG BAWAT PINOY? NOONG NAKARAANG ELECTION LANG YATA. DAHIL IMBES NA PINUPUNTAHAN NYA ANG MGA LUGAR NANDOON SA BROADWAY NAG HOHOST NG EAT BULAGA O NAKA DEKAWATRO LANG SA LOOB NG OPISINA NYA SA SENADO.

oo nga last week nasa eat bulaga siya

at noong monday at friday

puwede pakihingi ang kopya ng privelege speech niya

para makapag bigay ako ng comment

Quote Originally Posted by Papichulo168 View Post
    Sotto was still right to protest that story about pagpag because it gives the impression that a lot (= millions) of poor Pinoys eat pagpag. The CNN story did not clarify that it was an isolated case.
    The Call Center and OFW segment make up of 1% and 9% of the population respectively. So if Poverty makes up of 1/3 of the country, then I guess CNN should also apologize to their segments (which were actually pretty positive things about The Philippiines) with regards to the Call Center and OFW?

Hindi rin OA yung demand ni Sotto na i-pull out lahat ng DOT ads sa CNN dahil siyempre naman mag-a-ad ang gobyerno ng Pilipinas sa CNN tapos maglalabas ng feature story na ganun? Eh di parang nagtapon lang ng pera ang DOT dahil na cancel out ang benefit ng ad nung storya na yun?
    Yes it is ... this is no different than major corporations pulling ad space so they can censor the press. Whether you agree with the report or not, the Philippine government is basically saying they are against the Freedom of the Press. Kind of reminds me of the movie

The Insider where the Cigarette and Tobacco Corporation prevented or tried to prevent CBS from airing a segment about the dangers and truth behind cigarettes. Using money and muscle to bully the journalist. So basically The Philippine Gov't is no different than a Tobacco company.

Sotto is basically an idiot ... CNN's Eye on The Philippines presented a very accurate light in Philippine society today. The Pagpag section was essentially a commentary on the struggling poor of our country. But it's only one freaking segment ... like I said the OFW and Call Center presented the country as one with hope for the country. Also Tourism Social Media section also presented the country quite postivley.

Sotto only talking about Pagpag ... just allows the issue to be magnified.

naunahaN ako sa SONA ni shoooter mcgavin

as I said, OA ang reaction ni Sotto

typical trapo who thinks "tourism" is all about advertising your country like a movie where the effort to make your country beautiful ends when the director says CUT

he doesn't get the fact that to create a tourist attractive country, you have to solve both MAJOR and MINOR problems even it's pagpag being eaten by a minority group.

and rather than biatching about it, he could have done better by addressing the issue and solving the pagpag problem

not act like a king and killing the messenger who gave the bad news.

From erecting walls to obscure view of slums from foreign eye, from slamming CNN to showing pagpag, from reacting to a comedy video made by a foreigner, to blaming past administration to the failures of the Philippines.

WTF!

This kind of mentality is what makes a loser. This kind of mentality is what makes society that doesn't want to face reality and change. It only knows how to make noise and that's it. It goes back to the sewer hole where it came from and puts a sign "do not disturb".

It's like someone with a bird poop on his face. Someone took notice of it so that he can remove the poop on his face. Instead, he got insulted, got so offended, and fuming mad because someone was so kind enough to tell him that there is a bird poop on his face. He tells that someone to shut up. Up until now, he still doesn't want to remove the bird poop on his face. His pride and ego is more important than cleaning the bird poop on his face. Instead of removing the bird poop on his face, he uses a face mask to cover it up.

WTF!

Could someone remove the idiots around? Please, for the love of life, please.

Banned by Admin
    mas maganda siguro kung i-feature sa CNN ang pagsayaw ni Tito Sotto ng Itaktak Mo o kaya i-feature yung Tough Hits nila nina Bossing at Joey de Leon. let's see kung magrereklamo pa siya.

8. May 6, 2012, 09:05 AM

9. May 6, 2012, 09:09 AM

10. May 6, 2012, 09:11 AM

Quote Originally Posted by _Bahay_Kubo_ View Post
    mas maganda siguro kung i-feature sa CNN ang pagsayaw ni Tito Sotto ng Itaktak Mo o kaya i-feature yung Tough Hits nila nina Bossing at Joey de Leon. let's see kung magrereklamo pa siya.

Quote Originally Posted by speedsterdemon View Post

It's like someone with a bird poop on his face. Someone took notice of it so that he can remove the poop on his face. Instead, he got insulted, got so offended, and fuming mad because someone was so kind enough to tell him that there is a bird poop on his face. He tells that someone to shut up. Up until now, he still doesn't want to remove the bird poop on his face. His pride and ego is more important than cleaning the bird poop on his face. Instead of removing the bird poop on his face, he uses a face mask to cover it up.

WTF!

You have a point about that spending of money by the government being jeopardized but the reason why there is a series called Eye on the Philippines is because it is trying to see what the Philippines is like, the series itself is a journalistic campaign.

Besides, whatever food poor people eat is not a concern of foreign tourists. They're in a country to explore destinations, not to explore poor people's houses.

If these people want to pull out advertising from CNN, then have it pulled out now. How many people watched that feature story anyway? How many of those people are the target market of the ad campaign?

Hindi naman kailangan maghabol ng pera ng turista. It's a hollow pursuit.

Quote Originally Posted by imanh0rn View Post
    naunahaN ako sa SONA ni shoooter mcgavin

as I said, OA ang reaction ni Sotto

typical trapo who thinks "tourism" is all about advertising your country like a movie where the effort to make your country beautiful ends when the director says CUT

he doesn't get the fact that to create a tourist attractive country, you have to solve both MAJOR and MINOR problems even it's pagpag being eaten by a minority group.

and rather than biatching about it, he could have done better by addressing the issue and solving the pagpag problem

not act like a king and killing the messenger who gave the bad news.

I take it that you might want to imply that foreigners would be turned off if they find out that there are poor people in the Philippines who eat garbage.

boomerang kay Sotto, he should be ashamed of himself.

ipakain kay Sotto ang pagpag!

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishing6 View Post
    lumabas ka ng bahay ng nanay mo mamas boy para makita mo kala mo ba sa tondo lang ngyayari ang pagpag, bb hindi lahat na TV batugan
    Hahaha. Cavite, Laguna, may mga thriving pagpag business din.

Quote Originally Posted by Taga-dagat View Post
    Hahaha. Cavite, Laguna, may mga thriving pagpag business din.
    i learned of pagpag in Montalban

Reklamo siya, as if driver siya ng anti-poverty sa senado.
    Gawa ka muna, bago mag reklamo at totoo naman ang sa CNN

Yung homeless high school graduate di sila nag comment kasi photographer/journalist lang ang nag istorya

Kung may Al-Jazerra lang mas direkta pa ang mga topics nila

Quote Originally Posted by goat1230 View Post
    i learned of pagpag in Montalban
    That just says that pagpag business is not an isolated case. And I find it amusing that Sotto's been butthurt. Act first. Herherher.

kissed by a rose
    Quote Originally Posted by charuz View Post
    In fairness, mas madali nga naman ang magreklamo kesa solusyonan ang problema.
    In addressing a problem, one can lift a finger, or point a finger. It just so happened that Tito Sotto pointed his finger at the wrong direction. Sabi nga ng isang video blogger, ang pikon laging talo. Kaya tuloy pilipinas laging talo! Talo sa pagsugpo sa katiwalian, talo pa sa pagsugpo sa kahirapan at gutom.

O pagkatapos mag alburoto nitong si Sen Vicente Tonto, at yung mga psuedo-nationalists dyan ano na mangyayari? Mas makikita ba natin ang mga yan gumawa ng paraan para mga yan para sulusyiunan ang food security problem sa bansa?

¿Somo amigo no somo amigo? c_brain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by speedsterdemon View Post

WTF!
    WTF indeed!

Masyado talaga defensive ang gov't., instead of looking into the message and solving the problem e inuuna laging i-discredit ang messenger. Much like what happened with the "things I hate about the Philippines" video fiasco.

Pathetic nga naman.... tsk tsk tsk.

emperor's new clothes

23. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by valarc View Post
    I take it that you might want to imply that foreigners would be turned off if they find out that there are poor people in the Philippines who eat garbage.
    because Sotto was aiming for that measly goal, he's afraid that Philippines will "look bad" to other people. so focusing on Sotto's "demand" then ganun

but Sotto should be concentrating on the fact that there are still people eating pagpag even though "konti" lang sila sa pananaw ng mga tao and the matapobres, pinoy pa rin sila and something should be done about it.

whipping the cafeteria owner for selling pagpag might be "okay" but it's not the real solution though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast