PEx Highlights

Cinemalaya 2015 Schedule & Discussion

Are you excited for this year's Cinemalaya Film Festival? Head on over to the official discussion thread to see the full schedule.

read more

REVIEW: Ted 2

Find out what carlhiro had to say about Seth MacFarlane's "Ted 2". Read our movie review here!

read more

Show Me Your Teeths: The Finale

As the adage goes, all good things must come to an end. Chelsey and Merly talk about happenings in PEx for one last time in the series finale of Show Me Your Teeths.

read more

Got any questions for the creators of Inside Out?

TeamPEx will be at the press conference of Disney's Inside Out in Makati! Send in your questions here!

read more

PROMO: Paper Towns

Join the promo and get a chance to win exclusive 'Paper Towns' merchandise!

read more

On Ginebra and Tim Cone

JPM talks about his personal Ginebra fandom and the arrival of Tim Cone in the Barangay. All that in this week's PBA Feature that you don't want to miss. Read it here!

read more

Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1

    Nagpa gas nga caltex silver hinaluan ang caltex gold? need help???

    nagpa gasolina ako last week nga Caltex silver sa celerio ko kasi sabi daw nga caltex nga silver daw ang equivalent ng unleaded. now, nagpagasolina ulit ako while i still have half tank pa. sabi ko na unleaded pero ang binigay nila is caltex gold. makakasira po ba sa car ko with that thing? paranoid na kasi ako. help po!

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Shizuoka, Japan
    Pareho naman gasoline yan. Nothing to worry about.

  3. #3
    thank god for the atheist einhander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    safe from harm
    Basta wag lang diesel. Btw, nice ride, matipid sa gas yan, ano fc mo?

  4. #4
    wala namang kaso un, sakin mas maganda pa pag high octane ang gamit. hindi tumotope.

  5. #5
    walang kaso yan...nung isang linggo lang naubusan ng silver yung station...pinadagdagan ko ng gold

  6. #6
    hala! maging caltex bronze yan!!! nakup!

  7. #7
    ako nga Caltex,Petron and Shell...minsan unleaded lang, minsan XCS, minsan super premium...doesnt matter as long as all gasoline

  8. #8
    Basta walang halong ethanol ang gasolina, ayos lang. Nakasisira kasi ng MAKINA ng LAWNMOWER ang ethanol....

    --
    my_2_cents

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by pilyo_bolero View Post
    hala! maging caltex bronze yan!!! nakup!
    LOL.

    Quote Originally Posted by my_2_cents View Post
    Basta walang halong ethanol ang gasolina, ayos lang. Nakasisira kasi ng MAKINA ng LAWNMOWER ang ethanol....

    --
    my_2_cents
    Halos lahat ng local fuel (save for Petron Blaze) ay may 10% ethanol. Per manufacturer's advice, most modern EFI engines after 1990 can take it but it isnt too good for carburator engines in the long run from what i understand (because of the fuel lines which may corrode or deteriorate).

    Personally, i'm not a fan of Caltex fuels for some reason. My cars seem to run lighter and get slightly better FC figures with Petron or Shell when i would compare.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Shizuoka, Japan
    Quote Originally Posted by slamm View Post
    LOL.



    Halos lahat ng local fuel (save for Petron Blaze) ay may 10% ethanol. Per manufacturer's advice, most modern EFI engines after 1990 can take it but it isnt too good for carburator engines in the long run from what i understand (because of the fuel lines which may corrode or deteriorate).

    Personally, i'm not a fan of Caltex fuels for some reason. My cars seem to run lighter and get slightly better FC figures with Petron or Shell when i would compare.
    Re: ethanol and carb engines

    I think it has to do more with carburretors require that air rushing across open pipes to vaporize the fuel. Ethanol has a high water component and unlike pure gasoline, its not as easy to vaporize, resulting in poor engine response. EFI engines on the other hand practically force the fuel to vaporize (under high pressure via injectors).

  11. #11
    My brain only has 512mb! K.I.L.L.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Over your shoulder
    Don't worry about it. Different types of Petrol get mixed all the time. I have a friend who is an absolute car-nut who swears by core oil on QA. He says it is the best fuel in town.

    Oh and just to add, we both do not like any type of fuel with ethanol. Pure petrol has more kick!

  12. #12
    thank god for the atheist einhander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    safe from harm
    ^ ano pa bang gas ang walang e10? Pansin ko pinagtatanggal na yung "with e10" label sa mga gas station, so i assume lahat sila may e10 na at di na kailangang specify sa sticker...or di na talaga sila naglalagay ng e10?
    Last edited by einhander; May 18, 2012 at 12:25 AM.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Shizuoka, Japan
    Quote Originally Posted by K.I.L.L. View Post
    Don't worry about it. Different types of Petrol get mixed all the time. I have a friend who is an absolute car-nut who swears by core oil on QA. He says it is the best fuel in town.

    Oh and just to add, we both do not like any type of fuel with ethanol. Pure petrol has more kick!
    Sa dyno, maybe. But in the real world, with consumer/normal/street engines you will hardly feel the difference.

  14. #14
    My brain only has 512mb! K.I.L.L.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Over your shoulder
    Quote Originally Posted by kelunji View Post
    Sa dyno, maybe. But in the real world, with consumer/normal/street engines you will hardly feel the difference.
    I did feel a difference on both my Camry V6 and MX-5. I use Petron Blaze. I don't bother with dyno setting. My cars have stock engines. No mods whatsoever and they're just serviced at the dealership.

    My friend who knows mechanics and is a vintage enthusiast says you will also get less sludge in your oil pan. I just are his word for it though but he is a local authority in the vintage car scene here.

  15. #15
    My brain only has 512mb! K.I.L.L.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Over your shoulder
    Quote Originally Posted by einhander View Post
    ^ ano pa bang gas ang walang e10? Pansin ko pinagtatanggal na yung "with e10" label sa mga gas station, so i assume lahat sila may e10 na at di na kailangang specify sa sticker...or di na talaga sila naglalagay ng e10?
    Almost all fuel in Manila has E10 now. If you were driving a newer car, don't worry about it. Your car was designed to be able to burn it. I was using unleaded before too and only switched when I got back this year.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Hot Topics

PBA:

LA Tenorio declines Gilas invite to rest. Who should replace him in the lineup?

LA Tenorio declines Gilas invite to rest. Who should replace him in the lineup?

read more
TECH:

Microsoft has finally launched Windows 10! Have you updated your OS?

Microsoft has finally launched Windows 10! Have you updated your OS?

read more
ANIME & MANGA:

Who is your all-time favorite Slam Dunk character?

Who is your all-time favorite Slam Dunk character?

read more
PROMO:

Join the promo and get a chance to win exclusive 'Paper Towns' merchandise!

Join the promo and get a chance to win exclusive 'Paper Towns' merchandise!

read more