PEx Highlights

REVIEW: The Trial

If there's one particular asset the film has, it's the ensemble.

read more

PROMO: Big Hero 6

Join the promo and get a chance to win special screening tickets to Big Hero 6!

read more

PHOTOS: Aguilar, Ginebra Bully Talk N Text

Ginebra had no problems in their opening campaign after a 101-81 win over TNT. Japeth Aguilar proved to be too much for the Texters with his game-high 18pts, 18rebs and 5 blks.

read more

PHOTOS: 40th PBA Season Opening Ceremony

Ellen Adarna, Megan Young and Alice Dixson led the parade of team muses yesterday during the Opening Ceremony of the new PBA season. Check our gallery here!

read more

PHOTOS: Kia Victorious in Battle of Newcomers

LA Revilla (23pts, 7rebs) stole away the spotlight off of boxing champ Manny Pacquiao's PBA debut, as he rallied Kia over Blackwater 80-66.

read more

Show Me Your Winning Teeths!

Merly and Chelsey are back for a new season of SMYT and they are 'happy to serve' you a new episode about the Miss World pageant and the UAAP Finals.

read more

mtpb

i was going back to nagtahan from t. morato and asked for another way besides q. ave to avoid the terrible road works there. i was traversing through v. mapa, along lrt 2. i wasn't able to remember how many lanes were there but i was on the second lane from the left. the stoplight has signs going to the left and straight ahead, so when the light turned green, i went straight ahead. then an mtpb flagged me cuz i should have turned left instead of going straight. he gave me a ticket and i had an altercation with him because i should just have received a warning from it. i refused to sign the ticket and he confiscated my license. i said it was my first time there and he said it was "ignorance."

first of all, i was new to the area. another thing is that on the lane on my right (3rd lane from the left), there were vehicles signaling to the left so the officer obviously assumed that i was the one out of line. my violation is "disregarding lane marking." for me, it should have been just a warning. then i called the mmda hotline and the person i spoke to said that i shouldn't have received a ticket from it, but then there are different rules among different LGUs.

is it really a violation, or can i still contest it at city hall and not pay the fine? i'm planning to get my license this monday. thanks.

Ignorance is no excuse to disobey road rules. Pay the fine and charge it to experience ... huwag ka nang humirit at kumontra dahil TALAGANG IKAW NAMAN ANG MALI... COMMON SENSE lang po....

--
    my_2_cents

thank god for the atheist einhander's Avatar
    you said your violation is "disregarding lane marking.", did you verify the lane markings if its indeed left turn marking?

Kung mali ka talaga, mali ka. Kung inaasahan mong warning lang, nasa discretion yun ng pulis. Kung good mood, warning lang ibibigay sa'yo.

Husband ko nag illegal u turn isang beses. Hinuli ng pulis. Sabi nya hindi daw napansin yung sign. Tapos binigyan lang ng warning. Nung sumunod overspeeding. Wala nang lusot yon. Kaya binigyan ng ticket. Depende talaga sa pulis. Puwedeng binigyan siya ng ticket dun sa illegal u turn pero warning lang. But then he was polite to the cop kaya siguro pinagbigyan sya.