Anti-power surges gadgets | Home and Garden | PinoyExchange

PEx Highlights

Kung makapulot ka ng pera....

Ano ang gagawin mo kung makapulot ka ng pera? Ibabalik mo ba?Papabayaan mo lang o itatago mo na?

read more

PROMO: Lights Out!

Get a chance to win special movie merchandises by joining this promo. Check out this thread for more info!

read more

Ayoko na! Move on na!

Minsan kelangan din natin mag move-on,sa trabaho. Ano ang mga pinaka matinding dahilan kung bakit nagreresign? Alamin na ang kwento dito!

read more

Kapamilyas Unite!

Isa ka ba sa solid kapamilya PExers? Wag magpapahuli sa chika. Makigulo na sa Kapamilya PExtalk!

read more

What is your money saving style?

Saving your hard earned cash can sometimes be challenging but there are ways to make it happen. Share us your money saving tips here!

read more

Your daily kick-off song!

What are the tunes that fuel your morning? Share us your favorite morning songs here!

read more

X

We just need a few minutes of your time. Tell us what you think of PinoyExchange!

Click here

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Anti-power surges gadgets

    Do you use any anti-power surge gadget in your households?

    Asked friends around kasi eh, marami akong kilala na walang idea about power surges na nakakasira ng appliances. Hindi ba importante ito?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by cooltechieydad View Post
    Do you use any anti-power surge gadget in your households?

    Asked friends around kasi eh, marami akong kilala na walang idea about power surges na nakakasira ng appliances. Hindi ba importante ito?
    its called a surge protector. and yes, power surges can destroy your appliances, computers and even lighting fixtures thats if you are using LED fixtures.

  3. #3
    so if it's not an LED Fixture, they're okay?

    what appliances usually get affected by power surges?

  4. #4
    usually, yung mga electronics dahil sensitive sila sa power flactuations.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by profibus View Post
    usually, yung mga electronics dahil sensitive sila sa power flactuations.
    just as i thought. kaya nga im surprised that a lot of my friends don't use surge protectors (thanks to gotta lick it for the term).

    what surge protectors do you use for your electronics?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by cooltechieydad View Post
    just as i thought. kaya nga im surprised that a lot of my friends don't use surge protectors (thanks to gotta lick it for the term).

    what surge protectors do you use for your electronics?
    another term is AVR or Automatic Voltage Regulator. it protects your electronics by absorbing the sudden electrical fluctuation. it has a fuse which gets burned and stops the flow at that point.

  7. #7
    medyo bihira na din kasi ang power fluctuations ngayon. most people I see use the delay start timer (not sure of the term) para hindi patay sindi kung on-off ang flow ng electricity due to surges

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by cooltechieydad View Post
    so if it's not an LED Fixture, they're okay?

    what appliances usually get affected by power surges?
    have ever experience an electric fluctuation were your electric fan slows down, airconditioner muffles, the lights dimmed, and the tv or monitor whites out?

    those are unusual operations for your appliances and if it unusual it may breakdown. that why, in an electric fluctuation or blackout it is advisable to turn of or unplug your appliance and wait for a while after the electricity returns before plugging these again.

    most new appliances have on board surge protectors. even the new LED model have regulators. better to have an AVR for your old appliances.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


X