PEx Highlights

Top Male Celebrities

Did Joshua Garcia keep his spot as PEx's Top Male Celeb? Find out here!

read more

REVIEW: Beauty in a Bottle

Beauty in a Bottle is worth the look thanks to its witty and poignant script and terrific performances from its cast.

read more

PHOTOS: 'Captain Hook' Too Much for Ginebra

Mac Cardona impressed in a vintage 'Captain Hook' performance, putting up 25 points and 6 rebounds to lead NLEX over Ginebra, 97-81.

read more

PEx Halloween: Pinoy Horror Stories

Nakakita ka na ba ng aswang o multo? Nakaramdam ng masamang spirito at mga maligno? Kwento mo na dito!

read more

PHOTOS: Rain or Shine Blows Out Kia

The Rain or Shine Elasto Painters defeated Kia Sorento in a blowout, 117-88.

read more

Inflatable robot Baymax takes the spotlight!

In Disney's Big Hero 6, a plus-sized inflatable robot named Baymax makes a difference in the life of teen prodigy Hiro Hamada.

read more

Anti-power surges gadgets

Do you use any anti-power surge gadget in your households?

Asked friends around kasi eh, marami akong kilala na walang idea about power surges na nakakasira ng appliances. Hindi ba importante ito?

Quote Originally Posted by cooltechieydad View Post
    Do you use any anti-power surge gadget in your households?

Asked friends around kasi eh, marami akong kilala na walang idea about power surges na nakakasira ng appliances. Hindi ba importante ito?
    its called a surge protector. and yes, power surges can destroy your appliances, computers and even lighting fixtures thats if you are using LED fixtures.

so if it's not an LED Fixture, they're okay?

what appliances usually get affected by power surges?

usually, yung mga electronics dahil sensitive sila sa power flactuations.

Quote Originally Posted by profibus View Post
    usually, yung mga electronics dahil sensitive sila sa power flactuations.
    just as i thought. kaya nga im surprised that a lot of my friends don't use surge protectors (thanks to gotta lick it for the term).

what surge protectors do you use for your electronics?

just as i thought. kaya nga im surprised that a lot of my friends don't use surge protectors (thanks to gotta lick it for the term).

what surge protectors do you use for your electronics?
    another term is AVR or Automatic Voltage Regulator. it protects your electronics by absorbing the sudden electrical fluctuation. it has a fuse which gets burned and stops the flow at that point.

medyo bihira na din kasi ang power fluctuations ngayon. most people I see use the delay start timer (not sure of the term) para hindi patay sindi kung on-off ang flow ng electricity due to surges

so if it's not an LED Fixture, they're okay?

what appliances usually get affected by power surges?
    have ever experience an electric fluctuation were your electric fan slows down, airconditioner muffles, the lights dimmed, and the tv or monitor whites out?

those are unusual operations for your appliances and if it unusual it may breakdown. that why, in an electric fluctuation or blackout it is advisable to turn of or unplug your appliance and wait for a while after the electricity returns before plugging these again.

most new appliances have on board surge protectors. even the new LED model have regulators. better to have an AVR for your old appliances.