PEx Highlights

French Open 2016

Catch the latest tennis updates in this thread. Are your favorites ruling the court so far?

read more

Warcraft The Movie

Calling all gamers! Here is a movie you should not miss! Participate in the movie thread to get Warcraft PEx pins!

read more

PEx Movie Club

Movie buffs unite! We are bringing back PEx movie club! Do you want to be part of the new movie PExkada? Raise your hand!

read more

PROMO: X-Men

Join the promo for a chance to win exclusive X-Men movie items! Check out this thread for details.

read more

Jacklyn Jose wins best actress plum!

Seasoned actress Jacklyn Jose was named best actress via her movie Ma. Rosa in Cannes! Know more about the movie in this thread!

read more

From stage to radio

What are your favorite songs from some of the most popular stage plays? Play it here!

read more

X

How much cash do you GIVE to the couple if you are only a wedding guest?

I am attending a friend's wedding, and I would like to know a specific amount that most people give on weddings. I am not a sponsor or any part of an entourage, but only a wedding guest.

People might say any will do, but I don't think the bride/groom will be happy if they get a cheap amount of cash. And yeah, they prefer cash than gifts.

So what would be your minimum budget and maximum when giving cash on wedding gifts?

From my guests on my wedding, it ranged from P200 - P5,000. If you are close with the bride or the groom or both, maybe you should give a higher amount. And also, if either of the couple (or both) come from rich families, they probably would expect a higher amount.

I have attended several weddings wherein the couple ask for monetary gifts than the typical appliances and china and i usually give more than how much they paid per head for the plate. So if the plate costs P1,200/head, i usually give P2k or P2,500 if my budget permits me.

I hope this helps.