PEx Highlights

PHOTOS: UE Keep Final Four Dream Alive

Despite not fielding in Roi Sumang, the UE Red Warriors managed to get a 64-55 win over the NU Bulldogs.

read more

MOVIE REVIEW: The Giver

Very promising, but tries too hard to fit in the mold of the Hunger Games/Divergent series.

read more

FIBA FEATURE: Do We Stand a Chance?

Do we really have a shot to make it through? JPM weighs in on the the odds of Gilas Pilipinas in the FIBA World Cup.

read more

Wake Me Up When You Show Me Your Teeths!

In this week's Show Me Your Teeths!, the ladies talk about the -ber months, the upcoming Bench Fashion Show and the Cosmo Bachelor Bash.

read more

Watch 'The Legend Ends' Trailer!

Check out the trailer of the final instalment of the Rurouni Kenshin series, 'The Legend Ends.'

read more

Calling All Travel Bloggers!

Wanna get featured in PEx-Travel? Share with us your travel blogs and have your entries promoted around PinoyExchange!

read more

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Are Perfumes in Malls Really More Expensive?

Hi guys! I've been looking for new perfumes lately and came across some very expensive ones (Lacoste, Polo, Bvlgari, etc.) in certain malls. Then I looked online (Ebay, Sulit) and I came across the exact same brands but are WAY cheaper than those in the malls (e.g. 3k in the mall costs around 1.5-1.7k there). These online sellers claim that these are 100% authentic and not based from Singapore, and to be fair, they have a 100% positive feedback rating from previous customers.

So would just like to ask, am I missing something here? Are perfumes in malls really more expensive? If so, why? And are they REALLY the same?

Would really appreciate any response or help, thank you very much guys!

Did you ask them if they are test bottles?

The contents are the same but test bottles are not meant to be on sale.

You are more secure with merchandise that are sold in reputable boutiques- malls. It comes with price.

I don't even bother entertaining ebay and bargain websites. Why? Because I can.

Nope, they claim that these are not tester bottles either. And on a side note, they do sell testers too on a much more cheaper price as well. Haha nice to hear that you can afford things from the mall, unfortunately I'm on a tight budget so really need all the help I can get in this research

Then I would thread and possibly read each seller's review well. Specially the negative ones. Good luck.

Anyone else who can give me some answers?

Yes lalo na yung Bulgari. 5k sa malls. Sa mga grey market 1.5.

Basta maghanap ka sa ebay Philippines ng seller na mataas ang rating, at marami nang satisfied buyers, palagay ko, mataas ang chance na legit yun na seller.

(Wag mo lang akong sisihin kung matapatan mong seller eh peke pala, heh.)

Meron din namang mga legit. Bawas na kasi sa presyo yung bayad nila sa saleslady, sa pwesto, yung mas malaking tubo, etc, etc.

Naka warehouse lang lahat ng stock nila.

Ingat ka lang sa 500 pesos na original 100ml. Malamang fake/Singapore original yun.

Malaki din ang mahal sa mall. Nagtanong ako last year sa dept store, sabi ko..

"Pards, magkano Davidoff Cool Water 125ml?" (or 100ml, di ko na maalala)

tapos ang sabi sa akin, 4K+ daw. Or 3 for 10K.

Sa isip-isip ko.

Eh makukuha mo yun sa internet ng less than 1,500.

para may peace of mind ka, sa rustan's ka na lang bumili ng perfumes. 100% sure original yun. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by airjesus View Post
    Hi guys! I've been looking for new perfumes lately and came across some very expensive ones (Lacoste, Polo, Bvlgari, etc.) in certain malls. Then I looked online (Ebay, Sulit) and I came across the exact same brands but are WAY cheaper than those in the malls (e.g. 3k in the mall costs around 1.5-1.7k there). These online sellers claim that these are 100% authentic and not based from Singapore, and to be fair, they have a 100% positive feedback rating from previous customers.

So would just like to ask, am I missing something here? Are perfumes in malls really more expensive? If so, why? And are they REALLY the same?

Would really appreciate any response or help, thank you very much guys!
    The perfumes in malls are mar ked up because of so many factors:

1. 12% tax

One can buy reasonably-priced perfumes in Duty Free outlets or ask a relative working overseas like US or Middle East to buy perfumes for you. Some are priced 50% lower than those sold in Philippine malls.

2. Quota for salespersons

While other salespersons in Duty Free outlets or other establishments get a cut from selling perfumes, salespersons in malls have quota to meet hence some are aggressive.

3. Malls prices are just really marked up

To over 50% of the original price. Distributors already have a ceiling price and when sold in malls, the perfumes become much more expensive.

Alternative is to...

1. Wait for the malls to go on sale

Landmark slashes 5% to 30% on perfumes.

2. Look out for sales of distributors

Lux Asia (distributor of Bvlgari) sells "slow moving" perfumes for half the price.

3. Ask for friends and relatives overseas to buy perfumes for you

It's 50% (or more) cheaper!

4. But in Duty Free outlets (in Royal Duty Free Subic or Duty Free Philippines - if you travel)

Quote Originally Posted by plowed99 View Post
    para may peace of mind ka, sa rustan's ka na lang bumili ng perfumes. 100% sure original yun. :-)
    what makes rustans legit seller compared to other malls?

share ko lang, i passed by kanina sa isang store named JMJ. Are you guys familiar or may nakabili na ba dito? store siya ng mga perfumes, lotions, foods, deodorants, wines na original according to him. I don't know, pero cheaper siya. ilang beses ako nagtanong kung original ba talaga yong mga perfumes nila. He even told me na they have 5 branches daw, including rob gall and MOA. IS it a guarantee na kung may branches ka sa ganoong malls, original na talaga? Help. .

Bought 75ml lemale SA rustans kaso parang Hindi Na sya ganun kabango tulad Ng dati watered down Na yata to ah

I agree in Duty Free they are much more cheaper tax free kasi or kung may mga kamag anak or friend ka abroad pabili ka nalang sa kanila. Mahal na nga ang mga branded perfumes sa mga malls esp sa Rustans ha pero at least sulit kasi di fake.

The local distributors/importers of these perfumes/goods employs people (na pwedeng related sa yo), they also pay proper taxes, rents spaces on malls (that employs sales people, and uses electricity)...

Pag naiisip ko yang mga factors na yan na ju-justify yung presyo sa mall.

If you also buy sa mall (like SM) namimigay sila ng samples, vials and minsan miniature ng binili mong perfume...so ok na rin.

Quote Originally Posted by iponmuna View Post
    The local distributors/importers of these perfumes/goods employs people (na pwedeng related sa yo), they also pay proper taxes, rents spaces on malls (that employs sales people, and uses electricity)...

Pag naiisip ko yang mga factors na yan na ju-justify yung presyo sa mall.

If you also buy sa mall (like SM) namimigay sila ng samples, vials and minsan miniature ng binili mong perfume...so ok na rin.
    Uhm, all business entities have that routine. Regardless if it's counterfeit or not.

#economics101

Some sellers on ebay buy overseas at a cheaper price (sale/claim tax refund). Since they don't pay customs taxes, income taxes and no overhead expenses, they can afford to sell the products at a cheaper price.

yes most of the online sellers locally do have original perfumes. usually i buy the testers para cheap lang talaga. if you want to be safe, get the non-tester version. these are still sealed. no difference from what you get in malls.

There's Criselda's & Adams in Greenhills. They sell original stuff and I tried it just once and so far it was ok.

As for fakes, I've not encountered fake perfume than can pass for the real thing. What I did encounter are REAL ones, but SUN-DAMAGED: meaning they've been exposed to extreme temperature, thus no more scent.

I get mine from HK, either from SASA or FANDA Pharmacy.

Hey guys! Addicted to online shopping? Visit this facebook fan page to get hold of the greatest deals and discounts on your favorite online stores! Check it out! https://www.facebook.com/TheLeaderOf...ax_wizard=true

I heard that Fresh Fragrance Bar sells perfumes (even designer ones) at lower prices compared to department stores, but since I haven't tried it yet, I'll still do some research on it.

Never been a fan of online shopping though. I prefer seeing the things that I want to buy on hand. That also goes for perfumes, especially if you are not quite familiar with the scents.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast