NU def JRU score 99-48
Mika Reyes says her on-court "angasan" with Ria Meneses during their game never got personal. But is "angasan" really a part of the game?read more
We list down the top rookies of the PBA's 39th season- perhaps the same players who will be candidates for the Rookie of the Year.read more
The teen stars of today are the breeding ground for the future matinee idols and sweethearts, for the next big things to hit the industry.read more
The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug is swift and exciting, giving fans an epic view of things to come.read more
The Meralco Bolts put on a defensive exhibition as they shackled the San Mig squad 72-64.read more
NU def JRU score 99-48
Nahiya pa raw ang NU, di pa ginawang 3 digit yung score.
Wala yatang replay, F-U-C-K UEFA Championships. Wala namang nanonood nun tanggalin na yun! Lahat ng nanonood ng football dito sa Pinas fans lang ng mga Younghusbands o naghihintay ng cameos of Angel.
Anyway impressions of the game for those who didn't watch:
1)ADMU defeats Letran in an ugly ball game. ADMU dominated the boards but couldn't shoot straight and leaked like a sieve, and let Letran hang around until the end. Very nice to see Buenafe back in action though, its like he never left the team.
2) Beda humiliates La Salle and ends their season before it even got started.
*La Salle started out strong with 6 straight points, then promptly received an *** kicking which lasted until the end of the game. For some reason Boom and that other announcer would keep bringing this up the entire game, esp. whenever Amer would set someone up for a facial.
*Teng has got to be least photogenic person in the planet, the replays showing him make him look like the evil bully in sports films like Mighty Ducks or Little Giants. Dude had a downright sinister expression whenever he made a shot. Not bad for his first game though, however he took a ton of shots to get his points, I dunno if he'll be Romeo v2.
*LA Revilla showed some great plays, and looks ready to lead the team next season.
kala ko nga rin may replay panik agad ako uefa rin ang palabas hahaha nuod nalang ako ng discovery at nat geo XD
Mamayang gabi, April 15 Sunday daw ang replay ng games kahapon sa Balls. ADMU vs Letran @ 5pm, SBC vs DLSU @ 7pm.
I think Jeron Teng needs a crash course in Passing101. He has some similarities with his bro Jerick of UST. They are both ball hogs and have a shoot-first-before-passing mentality.DLSU did not gain any advantage with Jeron. Ateneo is still the team to beat in UAAP 75
Fast forward to this season and the pronouncement from ECJ that home grown players be recruited for Taft. DLSU recruited the Torres brothers and Gab Reyes. The LSGH/Zobel boys, there are at least 4 players from last years team, have found a home in Katipunan despite being virtual walk-ins and long shots to the ADMU tryouts. Were the Zobel boys ever recruited for Taft? Not all of them will make ADMU varsity but they will be given the opportunity to do so in the future while on scholarship playing for team B. As Hacksaw mentioned, the conductor is making a very serious threat to make varsity if he has not yet been anointed over the shooter from LSGH and the bruiser from SBC red cubs.
As a side bar, people will scrutinize the development of ADMU recruits Elorde and the conductor to DLSU recruits Tallo, and the Torres brothers. They will be the point guards of their respective schools in the future.
True, since BJ Manalo, no AHS player has gone on to play for DLSU. DLSU have tried to recruit a number of AHS players in the past like Fonacier, Kiefer and Banal but all have decided to stay in Katipunan or play for UP. In the case of Ael Banal, he decided to head to the States and play NAIA ball after the experience of brother Gab at Taft.
The 2012 Filoil Flying V Preseason Hanes Cup: Opening Day Notes & Scores
- The Ateneo Blue Eagles performed below lofty expectations, but it was still enough to get by a depleted Letran Knights squad. Greg Slaughter was just okay on offense in this game, considering how Letran big man Raymond Almazan didnít play. I had expected Greg to dominate more, but I guess the smaller, but quicker, bigs of the Knights hounded him no end. He did impress with 15 rebounds and 3 blocks, though.
- Kiefer Ravena, I think, was the main reason Ateneo won. He shot poorly from the field overall (just 30%), but he did hit half his treys and made all but one of his freebies. He also churned out 7 boards, 4 dimes and 3 thefts to emphasize his all-around game.
- Ryan Buenafe was underwhelming, too. He chose to be more of a facilitator rather than a scorer. As a result, he got 3 assists. Perhaps heís still trying to get his feel for the game.
- Juami Tiongson struggled against Letranís guards, which isnít really a big problem right now. This is going to be his first season as the first-tier PG for Ateneo, and there will be a period of adjustment. I just hope heíll be able to adjust faster than expected.
- Props to Letran for really taking it to Ateneo. Even without Almazan and Franz Dysam, and with star shooter Kevin Alas playing sparingly, they gave the UAAP champs a big scare. Jam Cortes, Kevin Racal, and Mark Cruz all finished in twin digits to serve notice that they will be a force in the coming NCAA season.
- Boy, those Lions are still mighty dangerous. Even without many of last seasonís stars and Frankie Lim, they will still be the clear favorites in the NCAA. Julius Armon will be awesome this season. Ola Adeogun, too, but we already knew that didnít we? The key, I think, will be the backcourt. Of the guys left, I think both Anjo Caram and Baser Amer have to really step up to fill in the void left by Garvo Lanete.
- DLSU still seemed like a work-in-progress, but they did show flashes of brilliance. Norbert Torres played well, ending with a nice double-double (12 points & 10 boards), but it was Jovet Mendoza who really impressed me. I think itíd be better to start him alongside Torres and just have AVO sub in. As a whole, no matter what system is used, La Salle still has to solve one big problem Ė anemic shooting. They shot just 32% from the field. Against the really tough teams (and that means almost every team in the UAAP), that just wonít do.
- Man, NU looked sharp against the Bombers. Emmanue Mbe had a monstrous double-double (22 and 13), while Ray Parks was his usual awesome all-around self. If they can find some consistency, then these Bulldogs might be looking at a banner year.
- As a sidenote, Iím hoping and praying that the Filoil organizers will find a way to post the game stats online. They did it so well last year, so I donít see any reason why it would be such a hard thing to do this time around.
ADMU Blue Eagles over CSJL Knights, 55-51
ADMU 55 Ė Slaughter 14, Ravena 13, Gonzaga 7, Tiongson 4, Chua 4, Elorde 2, Erram 2, Salva 2, Capacio 2, Porter 2, Golla 1, Sumalinog 1, Buenafe 1, Pessumal 0, Babilonia 0
CSJL 51 Ė Cortes 15, Racal 10, Cruz 10, Lituania 8, Gabriel 6, Gabawan 2, Belorio 0, Alas J 0, Pantin 0, Luib 0, Alas K 0, Cudal 0
QS: 16-12, 31-21, 45-42, 55-51
SBC Red Lions over DLSU Green Archers, 69-63
SBC 69 Ė Caram 15, Armon 11, Adeogun 10, Koga 8, Dela Rosa 7, Dela Cruz 5, Lim 5, Pascual J 4, Pascual K 2, Ludovice 2, Amer 0, Mendoza 0, Moralde 0
DLSU 63 Ė Torres N 12, Teng 8, Mendoza 8, De la Paz 6, Webb 6, Andrada 6, Revilla 5, Paredes 4, Vosotros 3, Tallo 3, Tampus 2, Gotladera 0, Torres T 0, Reyes 0
QS: 13-6, 31-22, 49-34, 69-63
NU Bulldogs over JRU Heavy Bombers, 99-48
NU 99 Ė Mbe 22, Parks 17, Neypes 12, De Guzman 9, Villamor 9, Javillonar 7, Celda 7, Alolino 6, Betayene 3, Singh 3, Labing-isa 2, RoŮo 2, Ignacio 0
DLSU 63 Ė Matute 11, Lopez 8, Carampil 6, Camasura 4, Monserat 4, Dela Paz 4, Mabulac 3, Rebugio 3, Mendoza 3, Villarias 2, Maconconido 0, Paniamogan 0, Munez 0, Salaveria 0, Guiang 0, Dizon 0
QS: 35-18, 53-29, 83-36, 99-48
may online kaya na replay?