PEx Highlights

FEATURE: BasketBros: The Second Edition

We were surprised at the interest generated by last week's special PBA feature on BasketBros. So we decided to put up a Part 2. Read it here!

read more

PHOTOS: Paul Lee Saves the Day for RoS

Paul Lee nailed a crucial three-pointer plus two pressure packed free throws to lead his team to victory over the NLEX Road Warriors, 95-93.

read more

REVIEW: Past Tense

Our reviewer thinks Past Tense is a step down from KimXi's previous outing, Bride for Rent. Read the full review here!

read more

5 Biggest Impressions in UAAP Volleyball

An even better Alyssa Valdez, the struggling Lady Bulldogs and UST's wonderkid. Find out other big impressions in week 1 of UAAP Volleyball here!

read more

PHOTOS: Purefoods Survive Kia Scare

After trailing for most of the game, Purefoods mounted a big fourth quarter-comeback to defeat Manny Pacquiao's Kia Sorento, 88-77.

read more

Show Me Your EDM Teeths!

In this week's episode of SMYT, Chelsey and Merly poke fun at artistas who may have gone too far by releasing albums to boost their careers.

read more

Ano para sa 'yo ang kahulugan ng salitang 'humility' o pagpapakumbaba?

Ano nga ba para sa ating mga Pinoy ang kahulugan nito?

Sana ay maintindihan (o patatawarin) niyo po ako na sasagutin ko ang tanong ko sa wikang Ingles.

Humility is about truth and love. When you constantly seek the truth about yourself and others, and when you love yourself and others unconditionally, you become the demonstration of the thing called humility.

(But even as I was able to put the above concept into words, I am many times the opposite of what I've just said.)

Now, what about yours?

I have no idea what the word means....

--
    my_2_cents

I'm aware that what I posted concerns a 'serious' topic. I however wanted to challenge the notion that the posters/readers here do not only concern themselves with the mundane things and inanities of life, but that there is perhaps the introspective or spiritual or philosophical or sublime side of them.

humility for me is to surrender to the idea that I'm wrong and I have much to learn in this world.

Pagpapakumbaba eh kahit alam mong magaling ka, hindi mo ipinagyayabang, bagkus, tanggap mo sa sarili mo na mas marami ka pang espasyo para matuto, matuto sa ibang tao, sa paligid mo, sa karanasan ng iba..

Kahit gaano ka katalino, kayaman, kagaling, marami ka pa din hindi alam, little things na mahalaga sa buhay.

Ang taong nagiisip na palagi siyang tama, at siya lang ang pinaka magaling, at wala siyang ibang matutunan sa ibang tao eh hunghang! Hindi niya alam, balakid lamang ang kayabangan niya para mag improve pa siya bilang isang tao.

hum-ility
    hum-an

that's how i keep the word 'humility' in mind.. simply being human makes us fallible & that we should at least try to accept one another..

Ano para sa 'yo ang kahulugan ng salitang 'humility' o pagpapakumbaba?
    READ THE QURAN. DO THE OPPOSITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Malone View Post
    I'm aware that what I posted concerns a 'serious' topic. I however wanted to challenge the notion that the posters/readers here do not only concern themselves with the mundane things and inanities of life, but that there is perhaps the introspective or spiritual or philosophical or sublime side of them.
    i agree

i just want to share a text message i've kept for few years:

If you are humble, nothing will touch you.
    neither praise you nor disgrace you because you know
    WHAT and WHO you are. Humility is the ONLY virtue that the devil cannot imitate...

HUMILITY is a virtue of acknowledging the TRUTH that there is always someone BETTER than YOU around.