PEx Highlights

Big Hero 6 Pins!

New movie pin alert! Join the movie discussion thread and collect all five Big Hero 6 pins!

read more

PHOTOS: TNT Dismantle NLEX to Get First Win

The Talk N Text Tropang Texters made quick work of the NLEX Road Warriors, getting their first win of the Phillipine Cup, 103-81.

read more

PHOTOS: Rain or Shine Rallies Past Blackwater

The Rain or Shine Elasto Painters avoided an upset loss to the Blackwater Elite thanks to a late rally in the 4th quarter, 82-75.

read more

Solo Backpackers: Get Up and Go!

Planning to escape the rigors of the metro soon? Join the Solo Backpackers thread and get insights and tips from fellow PExers about traveling alone!

read more

REVIEW: The Judge

Robert Downey Jr. takes off his iron suit and stars in this legal drama. Read our review here!

read more

PBA: Still 'Liga ng Bayan' after 40 Years

We list down ten compelling reasons, on why the PBA has remained relevant to Filipinos today since its inception in 1975.

read more

Ano para sa 'yo ang kahulugan ng salitang 'humility' o pagpapakumbaba?

Ano nga ba para sa ating mga Pinoy ang kahulugan nito?

Sana ay maintindihan (o patatawarin) niyo po ako na sasagutin ko ang tanong ko sa wikang Ingles.

Humility is about truth and love. When you constantly seek the truth about yourself and others, and when you love yourself and others unconditionally, you become the demonstration of the thing called humility.

(But even as I was able to put the above concept into words, I am many times the opposite of what I've just said.)

Now, what about yours?

I have no idea what the word means....

--
    my_2_cents

I'm aware that what I posted concerns a 'serious' topic. I however wanted to challenge the notion that the posters/readers here do not only concern themselves with the mundane things and inanities of life, but that there is perhaps the introspective or spiritual or philosophical or sublime side of them.

humility for me is to surrender to the idea that I'm wrong and I have much to learn in this world.

Pagpapakumbaba eh kahit alam mong magaling ka, hindi mo ipinagyayabang, bagkus, tanggap mo sa sarili mo na mas marami ka pang espasyo para matuto, matuto sa ibang tao, sa paligid mo, sa karanasan ng iba..

Kahit gaano ka katalino, kayaman, kagaling, marami ka pa din hindi alam, little things na mahalaga sa buhay.

Ang taong nagiisip na palagi siyang tama, at siya lang ang pinaka magaling, at wala siyang ibang matutunan sa ibang tao eh hunghang! Hindi niya alam, balakid lamang ang kayabangan niya para mag improve pa siya bilang isang tao.

hum-ility
    hum-an

that's how i keep the word 'humility' in mind.. simply being human makes us fallible & that we should at least try to accept one another..

Ano para sa 'yo ang kahulugan ng salitang 'humility' o pagpapakumbaba?
    READ THE QURAN. DO THE OPPOSITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Malone View Post
    I'm aware that what I posted concerns a 'serious' topic. I however wanted to challenge the notion that the posters/readers here do not only concern themselves with the mundane things and inanities of life, but that there is perhaps the introspective or spiritual or philosophical or sublime side of them.
    i agree

i just want to share a text message i've kept for few years:

If you are humble, nothing will touch you.
    neither praise you nor disgrace you because you know
    WHAT and WHO you are. Humility is the ONLY virtue that the devil cannot imitate...

HUMILITY is a virtue of acknowledging the TRUTH that there is always someone BETTER than YOU around.