PEx Highlights

MOVIE REVIEW: The Maze Runner

The Maze Runner is a gripping and intense post-apocalyptic rollercoaster.

read more

PHOTOS: NU Retains Cheerdance Championship

Got the Cheerdance Competition hangover? Relive the highlights from our photo gallery here!

read more

PROMO: Rurouni Kenshin: The Legend Ends

Get a chance to win advance screening tickets to The Maze Runner!

read more

Ben Affleck's toughest challenge in "Gone Girl"

From the bestsellers' shelves, "Gone Girl" reveals the real Mr. and Mrs. Dunne as they go through the motion of making their marriage work.

read more

Show Me Your One Big Teeths!

Virgie is absent but Merly has a special guest in this week's episode! Find out who it is in this week's Cheerdance edition of Show Me Your Teeths!

read more

PHOTOS: Ateneo Stuns FEU with Comeback Win

The Ateneo Blue Eagles overcame a 19-point deficit in the fourth quarter against the FEU Tamaraws, securing a 68-64 victory and the top seed in the Final Four.

read more

Ano para sa 'yo ang kahulugan ng salitang 'humility' o pagpapakumbaba?

Ano nga ba para sa ating mga Pinoy ang kahulugan nito?

Sana ay maintindihan (o patatawarin) niyo po ako na sasagutin ko ang tanong ko sa wikang Ingles.

Humility is about truth and love. When you constantly seek the truth about yourself and others, and when you love yourself and others unconditionally, you become the demonstration of the thing called humility.

(But even as I was able to put the above concept into words, I am many times the opposite of what I've just said.)

Now, what about yours?

I have no idea what the word means....

--
    my_2_cents

I'm aware that what I posted concerns a 'serious' topic. I however wanted to challenge the notion that the posters/readers here do not only concern themselves with the mundane things and inanities of life, but that there is perhaps the introspective or spiritual or philosophical or sublime side of them.

humility for me is to surrender to the idea that I'm wrong and I have much to learn in this world.

Pagpapakumbaba eh kahit alam mong magaling ka, hindi mo ipinagyayabang, bagkus, tanggap mo sa sarili mo na mas marami ka pang espasyo para matuto, matuto sa ibang tao, sa paligid mo, sa karanasan ng iba..

Kahit gaano ka katalino, kayaman, kagaling, marami ka pa din hindi alam, little things na mahalaga sa buhay.

Ang taong nagiisip na palagi siyang tama, at siya lang ang pinaka magaling, at wala siyang ibang matutunan sa ibang tao eh hunghang! Hindi niya alam, balakid lamang ang kayabangan niya para mag improve pa siya bilang isang tao.

hum-ility
    hum-an

that's how i keep the word 'humility' in mind.. simply being human makes us fallible & that we should at least try to accept one another..

Ano para sa 'yo ang kahulugan ng salitang 'humility' o pagpapakumbaba?
    READ THE QURAN. DO THE OPPOSITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Malone View Post
    I'm aware that what I posted concerns a 'serious' topic. I however wanted to challenge the notion that the posters/readers here do not only concern themselves with the mundane things and inanities of life, but that there is perhaps the introspective or spiritual or philosophical or sublime side of them.
    i agree

i just want to share a text message i've kept for few years:

If you are humble, nothing will touch you.
    neither praise you nor disgrace you because you know
    WHAT and WHO you are. Humility is the ONLY virtue that the devil cannot imitate...

HUMILITY is a virtue of acknowledging the TRUTH that there is always someone BETTER than YOU around.