PEx Highlights

The 12 Greatest Monikers in PBA History

Skyrus. Bicol Express. Point Laureate. This week, we go over the most creative and greatest nicknames in the history of the PBA.

read more

Team Pilipinas, Phoenix of Asian Volleyball?

Are we on our way to becoming the Phoenix of Asian Volleyball? Speak your mind, PExers! Tell us your thoughts here.

read more

Get the exclusive NBA Finals pins!

King James or Chef Curry? Who do you got winning the NBA Finals? Join the poll and discussion and win exclusive NBA Finals pins!

read more

PROMO: Jurassic World

We're giving away exclusive 'Jurassic World' movie shirts! Sign up and join the promo here!

read more

Best & Worst ISP in the Country

What's the best/worst internet service provider in the Philippines? Chime in here!

read more

TV Series Recommendation Thread

Looking for new TV shows to see? Share what's on your 'must-watch' list with TV geeks here in the IMTV forum.

read more

Ano para sa 'yo ang kahulugan ng salitang 'humility' o pagpapakumbaba?

Ano nga ba para sa ating mga Pinoy ang kahulugan nito?

Sana ay maintindihan (o patatawarin) niyo po ako na sasagutin ko ang tanong ko sa wikang Ingles.

Humility is about truth and love. When you constantly seek the truth about yourself and others, and when you love yourself and others unconditionally, you become the demonstration of the thing called humility.

(But even as I was able to put the above concept into words, I am many times the opposite of what I've just said.)

Now, what about yours?

I have no idea what the word means....

--
    my_2_cents

I'm aware that what I posted concerns a 'serious' topic. I however wanted to challenge the notion that the posters/readers here do not only concern themselves with the mundane things and inanities of life, but that there is perhaps the introspective or spiritual or philosophical or sublime side of them.

humility for me is to surrender to the idea that I'm wrong and I have much to learn in this world.

Pagpapakumbaba eh kahit alam mong magaling ka, hindi mo ipinagyayabang, bagkus, tanggap mo sa sarili mo na mas marami ka pang espasyo para matuto, matuto sa ibang tao, sa paligid mo, sa karanasan ng iba..

Kahit gaano ka katalino, kayaman, kagaling, marami ka pa din hindi alam, little things na mahalaga sa buhay.

Ang taong nagiisip na palagi siyang tama, at siya lang ang pinaka magaling, at wala siyang ibang matutunan sa ibang tao eh hunghang! Hindi niya alam, balakid lamang ang kayabangan niya para mag improve pa siya bilang isang tao.

hum-ility
    hum-an

that's how i keep the word 'humility' in mind.. simply being human makes us fallible & that we should at least try to accept one another..

Ano para sa 'yo ang kahulugan ng salitang 'humility' o pagpapakumbaba?
    READ THE QURAN. DO THE OPPOSITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Malone View Post
    I'm aware that what I posted concerns a 'serious' topic. I however wanted to challenge the notion that the posters/readers here do not only concern themselves with the mundane things and inanities of life, but that there is perhaps the introspective or spiritual or philosophical or sublime side of them.
    i agree

i just want to share a text message i've kept for few years:

If you are humble, nothing will touch you.
    neither praise you nor disgrace you because you know
    WHAT and WHO you are. Humility is the ONLY virtue that the devil cannot imitate...

HUMILITY is a virtue of acknowledging the TRUTH that there is always someone BETTER than YOU around.