The UST Golden Tigresses outplayed the tough UP Lady Maroons squad in 4 sets to win 25-15, 22-25, 25-21, 25-22.read more
The Meralco Bolts relied on speed and heavy defense to shock the Barangay Ginebra squad and win 100-87.read more
What's up Daniel Padilla fans? Join the discussion and raise your hands if you're a proud member of DJP Global!read more
The UAAP Season 76 volleyball tournament ushered in fresh faces with impeccable talent. Just who are the rookies to watch out for?read more
Ayan na binababa na ang Olympic Flagl wanna see the presentation of Brazil,last time sa Closing ng Beijing Olympics.. si leona lewis ang nagperform di ba para sa London Olympics,,,
Just love how the boring mood changes to a very exciting, upbeat and 'nakakakilabot' Brazilian atmosphere.
Mukhang magiging colorful ang opening ng 2016 Rio Olympics.. Wow Pele is there...
great job London!
well, looking forward to the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi and the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
I enjoyed the closing ceremonies. Kahit maiksi lang yung sa SG segment, enjoy pa rin! See you guys in Rio in 4 years...
Bakit may taong puro reklamo? Di na lang i-enjoy yung experience. Pooper much. haha!
I expect a Mardi Gras theme festive opening ceremonies in Rio in 4 years time. and I'm sure it will be the most colorful and enjoyable one. See yoiu in Rio...
Fu Mingxia was China's best diver during the 90s. Now, it's Wu Mingxia.
"We made the London Games..."
Yes Britains you did! What a wonderful opening and closing ceremony you showed the world, actually, everything. I don't want to make comparison, but i love everything bout the London Games 2012, basta everything haha. One of Olympics' theme opening kasi talaga is how a person in the host country or the country hosting influenced and influencing the world. You gave us a spectacular opening, forging rings, mr Rowan Atkinson, Mary Poppings, the big Voldemort, JK Rowling, those influences in music and literatures, etc, the world is thankful for those, Great Britain.
So guys kamusta mga bet nyo sa Olympics?
We all know that we support our countrymen who fought hard and their heart out to win a medal, but aside from them, how about the other athletes from other countries?
1. Novak Djokovic - daym hahaha! I wasn't expecting he ended up nothing. He gave his best, i know he's a good contender for the gold, and i thought it's between Roger and him since wala si Nadal. Hahaha! But Del Potro, lakas! He is my bet for men's singles gold!
2. Roger Federer - since Nole was ousted, i swear my vote is for Roger! I don't like Andy hahaha idk why. I'm sorry if im saying this but the Roger vs Del Potro match semis was the 200% Roger Federer, in the finals i think he shipped Wawrinka. Sarcastic. Yeah easy smash he can't even!!!! Ugh dont want to say anything na
3. Maria Sharapova - other players were so mainstream, let Maria win! But she didn't. Well, she has plenty of Olympic years to make a gold. Silver is good though =))
4. Taufik Hidayat (BADMINTON) - 2004 Olympic gold medalist and 2005 World Champion, first ever man who won both titles. Legend. I'm looking up to him since 2002. I know he didn't make it in Beijing, and this London Games he said that he will retire na, depends. So im vying for him to win but it seems, it doesn't end the way it is. Tinalo siya ng karibal nya na 2008 Olympic Champ na si Lin Dan sa quarterfinals pa talaga. BADTRIP!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHA
5. Thomas Daley - household name right, should i say anything more? i was expecting more of Navarro, McCormick, but they dint qualify for finals. Bronze is a history for TeamGB anyway <3
So in short, no one got a Gold medal in my bet list. Sports celebrities i didnt include it, they're too famous to make more Golds. How about yours?
Favorite athletes from these games:
most exciting events
4x100m freestyle relay
Federer v Del Potro semis
men's volleyball final
Top nation - South Korea with 3 golds. Ironically, they got their first gold ever in men's individual.
Most Improved and First medal - Mexico. they got a silver and a bronze in women's individual.
Most Disappointed - Ukraine. after winning their first gold medal ever in Beijing. they came up empty in London.
Top nation - United States with 9 golds, their largest haul since 1996 when they got 13 golds.
Most improved - Great Britain. their 4 golds in London was the most since 1980. They only won one in Beijing.
First Time - Grenada (gold), Guatemala (silver) Botswana (silver) and Bahrain (bronze) won their first ever Olympic medal. Iran (silver) and Puerto Rico (bronze) got their first medal in athletics. Croatia, and Turkey got their first gold medal..
Most disappointed - Kenya - from 6 golds in 2008, they could only won 2 in London this time.
Top nation - China via sweep of 5 golds. first time they done it.
Most improved - Denmark - claiming their largest medal haul in this sport by winning a silver and a bronze.
First time - Japan (silver), Russia (bronze) and India (bronze)
Most disappointed - South Korea - high hopes of winning at least a gold medal in women's doubles turned into nightmare after they were disqualified. they ended up with only one bronze.
Top nation - United States via sweep of two golds for two straight Olympics and four of the last five.
Most Improved - France. won their first medal in womens basketball. and their first since 2000
Most Disappointed - Argentina - after winning the gold in men's baskeyball in 2004, they got the bronze in 2008 and out of medal podium in 2012.
Top nation - Great Britain with 3 golds. their largest haul since 1908.
Most Impoved - Great Britain
First time - Tajikistan (bronze), and Lithuania (bronze)
Most Disappointed - United States - more on their men's team as they sent 12 boxers in London and none of them didn't even reached the semifinals. the first time it happened.
Top nation - Germany with 3 golds for the third consecutive Olympics. actually Hungary grabbed 3 golds as well but the Germans ended up with more bronzes.
Most Improved - France - after a disappointing stint in Beijing with a silver and a bronze. they got 2 golds this time in Lonfdon.
First time - Portugal (silver), South Africa (bronze, the first African nation)
Most Disappointed - Slovakia - first time they failed to win a single gold since joining the Olympics in 1996 as an independent nation.
top nation - Great Britain with 8 golds.
Most Improved - Columbia - after getting their first medal in this sport in Athens. Columbia. got three in London including their first gold medal in BMX cycling.
First time - Hongkong (bronze). Kazakhstan and Columbia won their first gold.
Most disappointed - Spain- first time they failed to win a single medal since 1988.
more sports to follow....