PEx Highlights

PHOTOS: DLSU Notches First Win

Jason Perkins drained big baskets in the clutch to help DLSU escape NU 57-55 and notch their first win in the UAAP Season 77.

read more

Review: Hercules

Bordering on ridiculous, Dwayne Johnson delivers and Hercules is a fun and entertaining ride.

read more

UAAP Basketball Power Rankings: Week 2

Are the Blue Eagles back on top again? Check out this week's PEx UAAP Season 77 Basketball Power Rankings.

read more

FIBA Worlds Special Feature

PEx's resident local hoops guru, Jay P. Mercado, ranks the greatest RP teams in the "open basketball" era.

read more

Calling all vigilantes in PEx!

Are you vigilant and always ready for action? This is your chance to be a "PEX POLICE"

read more

PHOTOS: Cagayan upsets Army

Cagayan Valley Rising Sun hands Philippine Army its first loss through 4 sets, 27-25, 20-25, 25-23, 25-22

read more

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Haist, school wars never get old talaga..

I'm not from UST, but to say they're the lamest crowd in MBT is far from true. I've watched them and indeed their "Go USTE" chant is still one of the loudest I've heard live (second only to the Ateneo crowd's gargantuan united cheers). As a huge basketball fan, how I wish my own school's crowd are as passionate as those of ADMU, UST, DLSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomasaiyan View Post
    endorsement para gawing venue ng UAAP ang UST Quadricentennial Pavilion...
    I think the only ways for UAAP to use UST's QuadPav as venue for MBT are: if both Araneta and MOA Arena have busy sked OR if UST is the host school. I remember back when games were held at Ateneo's Blue Eagle Gym, so it's not impossible but now that there is the new state-of-the-art MOA Arena and there's already two huge venues available for UAAP MBT, medyo malabo pa sa ngayon.

And besides, why would the UAAP give an unfair homecourt advantage to the Tigers when there are available neutral venues? (although that has been done before for ADMU). I say only use it as a last resort for non-UST games kapag wala talagang available venues or nagtitipid ang UAAP.

UAAP uses game video to decide disputed calls
    http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/07...disputed-calls

MANILA, Philippines - The UAAP will follow the lead of the NBA and the PBA in allowing a video review in cases of contested calls on out-of-bounds situations at crunchtime in the league's Season 75 basketball competitions which unfolds July 14 at the Mall of Asia Arena.

"In the last two minutes of the game, if there's a challenge on tap-outs, there will be a video review just like in the NBA and PBA," UAAP Season 75 secretary-treasurer Junel Baculi of host National U said during yesterday's PSA Forum at Shakey's UN Ave.

The new rule on video review was among the rules and regulations that the board of trustees adopted during a recent meeting.

The board, according to Baculi, also decided to hold a break in its junior basketball competitions next month to give way to concerned players' stint with the national team in the Fiba Asia Under-18 championship slated Aug. 17-26 in Ulan Bator, Mongolia.

"The UAAP board of trustees allowed some players of the UAAP to join the U-18 team of coach Olsen Racela. We've allowed them to go during the qualifying (SEABA tourney last week) and we'll allow them to go with the team from Aug. 17-26 in Mongolia.

"We'll be temporarily suspending our junior competitions to give way to the request of the national team," said Baculi.

NU is preparing a grand opening for Season 75, highlighted by a colorful lights and sounds show at the new MOA Arena’s two wrap-around LEDs.

Action immediately commences after the hour-long kickoff with host Bulldogs, fresh from winning the Filoil Pre-season Cup, battling University of the East at 2 p.m. followed by the showdown between contenders University of Santo Tomas and Far Eastern University.

"We just promise to give our best," said NU ace Bobby Ray Parks Jr. who also attended the forum along with teammate Ajit Singh and UST's Jeric Fortuna.

"I know we accomplished a lot in the pre-season but the UAAP is a different thing altogether so we have to be fully ready," added Parks, last season's MVP.

Fortuna expressed high hopes for the Tigers, who will bring back its 2011 cast and re-enter two players missing from last season, Clark Bautista and Aljon Mariano.

"We've been together for at least two years already so I guess that would be our advantage. I think we'll have a big chance this year to reach the finals," said Fortuna, adding they gained experience from playing for Blackwater in the PBA D-League.

All four guests in the weekly forum tagged four-time reigning titlist Ateneo as the team to beat again.

"Of course, it will still be Ateneo. They're the defending champions, they've won it four straight times and they're going for their fifth straight. But I'm sure all the other universities are preparing very hard to topple the No. 1 squad," said Baculi.

RE: UST QuadriPav, malabong ipagamit ito for men's basketball. Pero pwedeng maging alternative to MOA Arena and Araneta kapag UST ang host. This is for senior division men's basketball. Pwedeng gamitin ito in the future or maybe later this season for other sports or other basketball events like boys or women's. Ang alam ko yung old UST gym ginagamit for women's basketball and table tennis kahit hindi host ang UST. Like yung field din for senior softball and junior football games. Yung sporting facilities din ng UP and Ateneo ang alam ko nagagamit din for other sports in any given season.

Dark Horse dito ang DLSU sa '75.

RE: UST QPav:
    Well, kahit Women's Volleyball lang sana. Minsan hindi nakakaya ng San Juan Arena ang capacity ng audience lalo na kapag maganda ang laban.

'pag Naningil ang KALIKASAN naturecrawler's Avatar
    Havaianas & UAAP Collection – Limited Edition

http://iwantpromo.com/event/havaiana...mited-edition/

Mannnn, Saturday FEU vs UST. I hate it when my interests conflict with my obligations.

Ayos! Updated na ang UAAP Sports website ng Studio 23.

http://uaapsports.studio23.tv/

May pictures na ba ng mga courtside reporters? Hehe

bann3d by myself
    ^
    wala pang links

Triad Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by bahamut_zero View Post
    May pictures na ba ng mga courtside reporters? Hehe
    Meron na. Nasa Season 75 Courtside Reporters Thread sa Teams and Personalities Forum.

http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/...=577853&page=2

guysss aside sa moa arena at sa school ay saan pa ba makakabili ng uaap tikets sa basketball games? (except po sa scalpers ha.hehe)

Every year ba nagpapalit or may rotation ang courtside reporters?

sad!may pasok sa lahat ng UST games, esp. sa mga ka abang abang.

MYRTLE, Reigning BIG WINNER QuincyHernandez's Avatar
    Myrtle Sarrosa (Pinoy Big Brother Teen Edition 4 Big Winner for UP Maroons muse!! chos!! maisingit lang..

Na-assign na yung mga muse?

16. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by luiboowee View Post
    Ayan, may nabili na kami better seats, sa section pa assigned to UST. Ayos!

Ang galing ng online ticketing ng SM Tickets. Very real time! Ayos!
    anong section po assigned ang UST?

MYRTLE, Reigning BIG WINNER QuincyHernandez's Avatar
    Petition: MYRTLE SARROSA for MUSE ng UP FIGHTING MAROONS sa opening ng UAAP SEASON 75 sa MOA ARENA sa SABADO!!

why you argue so stupid? gearboxboi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by triggersnipe View Post
    Dark Horse dito ang DLSU sa '75.
    Couldn't remember the last time the team was actually touted to be the dark horse of the season. Very interesting.

DLSU's manpower is largely behind this year's hosting. Really excited on how the opening will unfold. Goodluck to all teams! Here we go!

Prediction: 1st teams to get the 1st W's of the season: NU, DLSU, ADMU and FEU.

Banned by Admin
    excited na ako sa sabado ang i hope FEU ang mananalo sa second game

UAAP Season 75 Courtside Reporters

(L-R) UST. FEU. UE. NU. UP. ADMU. DLSU. AdU.

(L-R) Tina Marasigan (UST). Judy Saril (FEU). Katz Salao (UE). Muriel Orais (NU). Bea Fabregas (UP). Selena Dagdag (ADMU). Billie Capistrano (DLSU). Apple David (AdU).

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast