Who will survive this season? Take a guess in this thread! The Walking Dead is back!read more
Deciding on what movie to watch this week? PEx recommends Doctor Strange. Check out this thread for more updates!read more
We want to know your thoughts! What makes discussion boards still relevant to this generation?read more
tawang tawa ako sa mga joke na to:
1. Date movie daw for Rihanna and Chris Brown ang Django Unchained -
2. Yung pag-introduce nya kay Meryl Streep na "The next presenter need no further introduction" sabay umalis nga at hindi na pinakilala.
3. 9 y/o na best actress nominee at 9 y/o din daw yung isa pang nominee (yung sa Amoure yata) when the show started - kasi nga ang haba na ng show
4 - we saw your boobs number
if it was not seth macfarlane, it would not be that funny, i think.
^Yeah, the singing was "too loud"
Re: Michelle Obama. I think it was because the Oscars wanted to top what Golden Globes did - bringing in Bill Clinton.
Bakit sa evening telecast, hindi pinakita yung performance ng Aerosmith yung "Dream On"?
Pinakita ba yun sa live telecast?
I think it was bad.
Yeah, they gave tribute to "music" but totally forgot what we love the most about the Oscars: Movies. Ano nangyari? Kawawa naman mga awardees na parang sidebar lang yun sa isang grand broadway production. They never should get these producers again.
Okay. I might be nitpicking in here but I wonder why in the musical medley, they chose Chicago & Dreamgirls to perform alongside with Les Mis? They were celebrating the impact of movie musicals but why these movies? There were other award winning musical movies in the past like "My Fair Lady" and "Sound of Music" and others.
The idea of the musical theme & performers - it didn't seem cohesive. First, they celebrated 50 years of Bond movie with Shirley Bassey singing followed by a performance of the current nominated song/singer, Skyfall. Barbara Streisand sang an old classic song. I thought it would have been better if there was a montage of past award winning movie musicals or someone singing one of the songs in "my fair lady" or sound of music then the les miz production. Classics followed by the nominated film.
was she apologetic for flipping the bird?
No. Craig Zadan and Neil Meron, the producers of the this years Oscarcast are the producers of Chicago and Smash. That is the real reason why they "honored" musicals this year.
eto mga akward moments ng show.. hehehe
Channing Tatum admits he waxes
The "Magic Mike" actor has the smooth moves on the dance floor, but he also admitted to smooth skin – from waxing. Ouch, and we mean it.
Renée Zellweger plays keep-away
The "Chicago" star started to let Richard Gere read the Best Song winner, then yanked the envelope away.
K Stew's limp
The “Twilight” star made it to the Oscars – on crutches. The actress cut the ball of her foot on glass, but managed to hobble on stage without any help.
Sandra Bullock's odd look
The Oscar winner delivered a comically grotesque face as she struggled to open the envelope to announce the award for Best Film Editing.
Here are the PExers Choice Oscars 2013 Winners!
PExers Choice Oscars 2013 - Best Picture
Total Voters: 134
02% Beasts of the Southern Wild
01% Django Unchained
11% Les Miserables
14% Life of Pi
17% Silver Linings Playbook
06% Zero Dark Thirty
34% of the PExers who participated got it right:
27walangmagawa, 7thpawn, aj_dos, akoaytao1234, Albrige, badger1011, bartowski, bluegrey, bridget4107, carlhiro, casperrr, coolman0304, CrystalClash, ex deo scientia, fanstatic, flashbomba, hydrangea, JENSIE_G, jerxthegreat, Jhoemmar, JobyBryant24, kapamsako, last.dodo.bird, login15, marscious, maverick2005, pjay0928, sexyfive, Solo2carino, somuchwin, starhub_singtel, tenth_of_may, theoscarfan, tripkoyan, uchiha madara, VANstatic, vertud21, Z!, izzzzzlaw, JM4ever, strandedstranger, NateRuess, cinelamour, marianpatricia, icol, enopreneur
PExers Choice Oscars 2013 - Best Actress in a Leading Role
Total Voters: 32
22% Jessica Chastain (Zero Dark Thirty)
44% Jennifer Lawrence (Silver Linings Playbook)
22% Emmanuelle Riva (Amour)
09% Quvenzhané Wallis (Beasts of the Southern Wild)
03% Naomi Watts (The Impossible)
44% of the PExers who participated got it right:
carlhiro, chudnofsky127, emerald27, hydrangea, izzzzzlaw, L0rd_xer0, last.dodo.bird, mjrv, sailor_moon, uchiha madara, pjay0928, marianpatricia, chudnofsky127, Lola_Rose
PExers Choice Oscars 2013 - Best Actor in a Leading Role
Total Voters: 23
04% Bradley Cooper (Silver Linings Playbook)
83% Daniel Day-Lewis (Lincoln)
09% Hugh Jackman (Les Misérables)
04% Joaquin Phoenix (The Master)
00% Denzel Washington (Flight)
83% of the PExers who participated got it right:
bartowski, caitdawn, CaRaMBa, carlhiro, cinelamour, cybernaut, deronwilliams08, hydrangea, jammerakwaii10, jerxthegreat, JM4ever, JobyBryant24, last.dodo.bird, sonnetxvii, uchiha madara, _Zei_Emu_, marianpatricia, Lola_Rose, icol
PExers Choice Oscars 2013 - Best Directing
Total Voters: 14
07% Amour (Michael Haneke)
07% Beasts of the Southern Wild (Benh Zeitlin)
50% Life of Pi (Ang Lee)
29% Lincoln (Steven Spielberg)
07% Silver Linings Playbook (David O. Russell)
50% of the PExers who participated got it right:
carlhiro, cuervo1800, forg, jammerakwaii10, jerxthegreat, last.dodo.bird, hydrangea
Results are cumulative based from the Oscar polls and PExers Choice threads.
Thank you for everyone who participated and made the choice!
See you next year!
Honestly I thought the Oscars were a bit of a disaster. Seth Macfarlane was okay as a host, but the production and directing were horrible.
1. Sets were a far, far, faaaaaar cry from the previous shows.
2. Cameras didn't know when/where/who to pan to at the precise moment they needed to capture something. You can even see the crew from some of the shots. I think they even cut to Emmanuelle Riva rubbing her ears at one point.
3. Presenters looked a bit unprepared with their spiels.
4. Some comedy bits seemed unrehersed, hence fell flat (see Avengers cast, Melissa McCarthy and Paul Rudd).
5. MacFarlane was terribly underused in the 2nd half of the show, reduced to a role more aptly for voice overs.
6. Curiously announcing that the orchestra was not in fact inside the theatre but several blocks away in a recording studio (WTF was that for!?)
7. MIA stage hands/escorts. It's a good thing it was Jennifer Lawrence who had won and fell on her way to the stage. God forbid had it been Emmanuelle Riva.
8. Microphone volume sound fluctuated.
9. Terribly classless Jaws theme boomed to cut speeches short.
10. Discombobulated production/theme.
- a. A tribute to Bond was reduced to a montage and Bassey singing the Goldfinger (huh?).
b. A "musical resurgence" production that felt like 3 separate productions sewn up together with no coherence.
c. In memoriam tribute with an odd "The Way We Were" rendition by Streisand. It felt like a solo tribute to Hamlisch instead.
d. 3 of the 5 nominated songs for Best Song were performed. Very odd that the other 2 were left out.
11. The microphone being cut off when the Visual Effects team from 'Life of Pi' was trying to bring awareness to the plight of VFX layoffs despite the huge box office returns of movie/s. I'm not condoning politicizing the ceremonies, but c'mon! There are serious issues that need to be addressed by the industry. Perhaps if George Clooney got on board they'd be more receptive?
12. Grouping the introductions for the 9 Best Picture nominees into groups of three. I totally felt it did not give the 9 films justice by not giving them their due opportunity for applause.
Overall, I thought the entire show lacked refinement and class. I'm totally content with the winners though.
Last edited by neth_row; Feb 26, 2013 at 04:59 PM.
Joaquin does not give a fvck.