US Visa Help Thread II - Page 342 | Visas and Immigration | PinoyExchange

X

Page 342 of 490 First ... 242 292 332 341 342 343 352 392 442 ... Last
Results 6,821 to 6,840 of 9794

Smile Family applicants (Husband and Wife)

Hi, PEXers,

Ask lang sana ako if may chance ba na maapprove any husband and wife sa visa interview? Si husband kasi may expired US visa (5 years na nakaraan) samantalang new applicant naman ako. Nakapunta na before si husband sa Vegas, New York, San Francisco. Di narenew before kasi nagasikaso kami ng new business before na based sa province. Nakabayad na kami sa BPI last week ngayon getting ready na sa DS-160 form and picture.

Sa mga nag apply recently, ano available schedule ngayon for interview? Plan naming to visit US by January for my parents in law's 40th wedding anniversary. Based kasi sa nabasa ko sa forum, data sa form pa lang may "ties" na agad na babalik ka talaga sa Pinas.

Background pala namin (please comment if possible) kung maapprove, di ko nakita kasi response before sa dating post ko:

- 7 years married (adopted one child last year, December but she died nung 4 months old sya). Do we need to declare it sa form?
    - May business kami sa province under my name. 3.7 plus years na sya. May convenience store din kami under my name (1 year plus na sya). Husband is the operations manager (handle nya mga tao namin, operations). I do handle financial aspects naman sa business. May ITR ako, si husband wala. Pero ako naman lalabas na gagastos.
    - Bank account nasa X,XXX,XXX sya (for business), under my name only. Yung joint namin, mga nasa 200K.
    - May house and lot kami (mortgage at kakaturn over lang sa amin), 2 lot (Quezon province), 1 lot (Cebu), 1 lot (Bulacan). All titles under our name (conjugal)
    - 2 cars (mortgage under my name)
    - May condo (conjugal)
    - Parents in law and sister in law ko nasa US na (immigrant na). 2 weeks lang talaga kami magstay dun, walang plan magtagal.
    - Plan to visit Las Vegas lang and 2 days sa San Francisco if ever.

Thanks super in advance sa mga sasagot

Quote Originally Posted by juan_00 View Post
    hi guys,

my parents and my brothers are planning to apply for tourist visa.

pede ba sila sabay sabay na mainterview? if yes paano po? also, pede rin ba isali sa group interview yung girlfriend ng kapatid ko kahit hindi sya consider as family?

thanks guys

From the US embassy site:

Family

A family with a maximum of five members, who will apply for the same visa classification, will be provided a single confirmation number. If one of the family members will apply for a different visa classification, s/he must contact the Call Center or access VisaPoint™ to obtain his/her own confirmation number. Extended family members such as grandparents, parents of a married son/daughter, grandchildren, nieces/nephews, etc., even if they live in the same house, do not qualify as family members.

The GF needs to apply separately.

Quote Originally Posted by prettyganda View Post
    Hi, PEXers,

Ask lang sana ako if may chance ba na maapprove any husband and wife sa visa interview? Si husband kasi may expired US visa (5 years na nakaraan) samantalang new applicant naman ako. Nakapunta na before si husband sa Vegas, New York, San Francisco. Di narenew before kasi nagasikaso kami ng new business before na based sa province. Nakabayad na kami sa BPI last week ngayon getting ready na sa DS-160 form and picture.

Background pala namin (please comment if possible) kung maapprove, di ko nakita kasi response before sa dating post ko:

- 7 years married (adopted one child last year, December but she died nung 4 months old sya). Do we need to declare it sa form?
    - May business kami sa province under my name. 3.7 plus years na sya. May convenience store din kami under my name (1 year plus na sya). Husband is the operations manager (handle nya mga tao namin, operations). I do handle financial aspects naman sa business. May ITR ako, si husband wala. Pero ako naman lalabas na gagastos.
    - Bank account nasa X,XXX,XXX sya (for business), under my name only. Yung joint namin, mga nasa 200K.
    - May house and lot kami (mortgage at kakaturn over lang sa amin), 2 lot (Quezon province), 1 lot (Cebu), 1 lot (Bulacan). All titles under our name (conjugal)
    - 2 cars (mortgage under my name)
    - May condo (conjugal)
    - Parents in law and sister in law ko nasa US na (immigrant na). 2 weeks lang talaga kami magstay dun, walang plan magtagal.
    - Plan to visit Las Vegas lang and 2 days sa San Francisco if ever.

Thanks super in advance sa mga sasagot
    Have you traveled internationally before?

Looks like your finances and properties are well-established here, so I don't think you'll have a problem with that. Just be honest and declare your relatives in the US, clarify the purpose of your trip, and prove to the visa officer that your livelihood is here and you have strong ties in the Philippines. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by soul`rebel View Post
    Have you traveled internationally before?

Looks like your finances and properties are well-established here, so I don't think you'll have a problem with that. Just be honest and declare your relatives in the US, clarify the purpose of your trip, and prove to the visa officer that your livelihood is here and you have strong ties in the Philippines. Good luck!
    Hi, soul'rebel

Yes, both kami ni husband nagtravel abroad:
    2014 - Thailand
    2015 - Hong Kong and Singapore

Thanks so much! I hope and pray na maapprove yung application namin

hello guys.. recently may na approve ba na mga nurses for tourst vsa? applied last year with siblings but denied.. gusto ko sana mag apply ulit pero nagdadalawang isip pa ko kasi..

About schedule

Hello po. Meron pa bang 6:30 am time schedule na binibigay? or ginawa n po nilang 7:15 am *** first time appointment nila? Kc po lahos ng time slot nila 7:15 am na. Thank u po

hi guys ask ko lang sa mga recent na nainterview, do you still pay for the courier (2GO)? im not sure right now after the interview kung need mo pa dinmag bayad ng courier or just wait for your passport, My mom just got interviewed and she's not sure if she was instructed to go to last step or iba na *****? Cause i asked her she said that the consul just took her Passport and said wait for 1 week, I believe with that being said she's approved and just have to wait for her Visa hoping to get her 10M but im just being careful baka dumating ang 1 week wala pa apssport nya kasi nga wala naman sya binayaran ng courier

Quote Originally Posted by jefoy View Post
    hi guys ask ko lang sa mga recent na nainterview, do you still pay for the courier (2GO)? im not sure right now after the interview kung need mo pa dinmag bayad ng courier or just wait for your passport, My mom just got interviewed and she's not sure if she was instructed to go to last step or iba na *****? Cause i asked her she said that the consul just took her Passport and said wait for 1 week, I believe with that being said she's approved and just have to wait for her Visa hoping to get her 10M but im just being careful baka dumating ang 1 week wala pa apssport nya kasi nga wala naman sya binayaran ng courier
    Hi Jepoy

The courier fee is already included on your Visa fee. so No worries.

I was invited by a top 10 technology company (according to Forbes) for a conference this November so I applied for a B1/B2. My profile:

29 years old
    Male
    Didn't finish undergrad from UP
    Freelancer
    Single
    No properties
    Traveled to Hong Kong but more than 5 years ago

I took my interview last October 1, 2015. Today, I got my passport back, with a 10 year multiple entry B1/B2 visa with no annotations.

I shared this because if you look at my status, my profile has a lots of red flags. However, I am thankful for this thread for helping me guide with the interview process. The only tip that I can share, no matter how cliche it is, is to be honest. I read the questions shared by other PeXers here and thought of how I will be able to answer them truthfully.

In the middle of my interview, I suddenly noticed that I was speaking very loud, and I think the others seated could actually hear what was going on. But for me, it exuded confidence, showing the consul officer that I know what I was talking about. When he asked if I had a degree (I only wrote my high school in my DS-160), I said "No, I haven't finished my undergraduate thesis in UP." When he finally said that I was approved, my only reaction was "Oh, wow" so he answered, "Why, you can't believe it? You were able to explain to me well" (not the exact statement but something to that effect). I walked away beaming with a smile (which I normally don't do), and may iba atang nakapansin. I think the only sablay answer I gave was when I was asked "How are you", and I answered "a little hungry" because I was there since 7:45am, and I got interview around 12:00pm already.

On the other hand, I would like to share my observation of another guy. He was dressed decently, wearing long sleeves and slacks. He was being interviewed by a different consul officer, who denied a lot of applications before him. I was even worried I might get assigned to him but luckily, I was called at a different window. Anyway, he was asked what his company does, and he answered "weighing scales and instrumentation." Then the consul officer followed up with a "What kind of instrumentation? Mechanical? Aeronautical?" and the applicant started to fumble with his answers. The consul officer offered a translator, but even with the questions asked in Filipino, the applicant still wasn't able to answer properly, and was denied. Natuliro pa nga ata siya, parang naliligaw nung madeny siya.

Anyway, my only worry right now is being stopped by Philippine immigration or U.S. Customs and Border Protection. I am initially planning on doing MNL-ICN-SEA and vice versa, but my mom is asking if I can also drop by Chicago to visit my godparents. However, I am worried that adding another itinerary will make me more "suspicious" even though I have no intention of going TNT. Any tips you can share?

Quote Originally Posted by cccc View Post
    I was invited by a top 10 technology company (according to Forbes) for a conference this November so I applied for a B1/B2. My profile:

29 years old
    Male
    Freelancer
    Single
    No properties

I took my interview last October 1, 2015. Today, I got my passport back, with a 10 year multiple entry B1/B2 visa with no annotations.

I shared this because if you look at my status, my profile has a lots of red flags. However, I am thankful for this thread for helping me guide with the interview process. The only tip that I can share, no matter how cliche it is, is to be honest. I read the questions shared by other PeXers here and thought of how I will be able to answer them truthfully.

In the middle of my interview, I suddenly noticed that I was speaking very loud, and I think the others seated could actually hear what was going on. But for me, it exuded confidence, showing the consul officer that I know what I was talking about. When he asked if I had a degree (I only wrote my high school in my DS-160), I said "No, I haven't finished my undergraduate thesis in UP." When he finally said that I was approved, my only reaction was "Oh, wow" so he answered, "Why, you can't believe it? You were able to explain to me well" (not the exact statement but something to that effect). I walked away beaming with a smile (which I normally don't do), and may iba atang nakapansin. I think the only sablay answer I gave was when I was asked "How are you", and I answered "a little hungry" because I was there since 7:45am, and I got interview around 12:00pm already.

On the other hand, I would like to share my observation of another guy. He was dressed decently, wearing long sleeves and slacks. He was being interviewed by a different consul officer, who denied a lot of applications before him. I was even worried I might get assigned to him but luckily, I was called at a different window. Anyway, he was asked what his company does, and he answered "weighing scales and instrumentation." Then the consul officer followed up with a "What kind of instrumentation? Mechanical? Aeronautical?" and the applicant started to fumble with his answers. The consul officer offered a translator, but even with the questions asked in Filipino, the applicant still wasn't able to answer properly, and was denied. Natuliro pa nga ata siya, parang naliligaw nung madeny siya.

Anyway, my only worry right now is being stopped by Philippine immigration or U.S. Customs and Border Protection. I am initially planning on doing MNL-ICN-SEA and vice versa, but my mom is asking if I can also drop by Chicago to visit my godparents. However, I am worried that adding another itinerary will make me more "suspicious" even though I have no intention of going TNT. Any tips you can share?
    You can go anywhere in the US, kahit saang State pa ang POE mo at kahit saan ka pa mag drop by, they don't care =). Sa POE lang naman may interview. Congratulations!

29 years old
    Male
    Freelancer
    Single
    No properties

This is awesome. I'm planning to apply next year and I also have some of the "red flags," which worries me. What other things were you asked and how long did the interview last?

My auntie was approve and sabi ng consul wait for one week for passport. Is this sigurado na ba? Can she book plane flight even wala pa ang visa?

introvert -> extrovert reinoa27's Avatar
    ^^ if PAL yun airline, i think she will need the visa number to book the ticket online.

Quote Originally Posted by petitefille View Post
    This is awesome. I'm planning to apply next year and I also have some of the "red flags," which worries me. What other things were you asked and how long did the interview last?
    From the very start, I think I was able to set the tone when he asked, "Where in the United States do you want to go?" and I said "Specifically, I want to go to <insert state here> to attend the <insert event name>." He then asked me if I had a letter or invitation, which I handed to him. After taking a look at the letter, he asked me how was I selected or why I was invited to the event, and to explain it as if I were with family members over dinner. He asked who is going to pay for it so I answered "the accommodation and food, the company. For the airfare, I will pay for it." I'm not if he didn't understand me, or he was checking if I was fibbing so he asked "So all expenses paid?" and I clarified that only transportation and accommodation will be paid for. He also asked me if I am single, and I said yes. Another question I can remember was, "have you traveled before?" I answered, "Yes, Hong Kong, but that was more than five years ago." He then flicked at my passport as if it was a flipbook, and only when I got home that I realized that he was probably checking for travel stamps, which was in my old passport that was with me that time, but didn't have the chance to show it to him.

I can't recall the other questions, and the order of questions were random. I think it's another way for them to test if you are being truthful. I didn't have a watch, but maybe it took me five minutes.

P.S. Vous etes fille? Haha, pardon the rusty French, but I like your username.

To moderator, please delete this post. I can't find the option delete this post.
    Last edited by cccc; Oct 7, 2015 at 03:48 PM. Reason: duplicate post

Quote Originally Posted by pedroaguila View Post
    My auntie was approve and sabi ng consul wait for one week for passport. Is this sigurado na ba? Can she book plane flight even wala pa ang visa?
    When I read a previous post by a PeXer here, naalala ko na naapprove siya sa consul tapos dumating yung passport na walang visa. To be sure,

(1) Track your application at ceac.state.gov, using your confirmation number (from DS-160). Mine was "Administrative Processing" for one day, then changed to "Issued" the following day.
    (2) Then, you also track your passport at ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-passportretrieve.asp, and if it shows "Passport has been received from the consular section, and is currently being processed for delivery..."
    (3) Visit supplychain.2go.com.ph/customersupport/etrace/index.asp and enter either your passport number, MNL number (I'm not sure how to get this, or UID (the barcode for appointment confirmation, and this was the one that worked for me). Don't expect for a text message from 2GO, I didn't get any.

From the very start, I think I was able to set the tone when he asked, "Where in the United States do you want to go?" and I said "Specifically, I want to go to <insert state here> to attend the <insert event name>." He then asked me if I had a letter or invitation, which I handed to him. After taking a look at the letter, he asked me how was I selected or why I was invited to the event, and to explain it as if I were with family members over dinner. He asked who is going to pay for it so I answered "the accommodation and food, the company. For the airfare, I will pay for it." I'm not if he didn't understand me, or he was checking if I was fibbing so he asked "So all expenses paid?" and I clarified that only transportation and accommodation will be paid for. He also asked me if I am single, and I said yes. Another question I can remember was, "have you traveled before?" I answered, "Yes, Hong Kong, but that was more than five years ago." He then flicked at my passport as if it was a flipbook, and only when I got home that I realized that he was probably checking for travel stamps, which was in my old passport that was with me that time, but didn't have the chance to show it to him.

I can't recall the other questions, and the order of questions were random. I think it's another way for them to test if you are being truthful. I didn't have a watch, but maybe it took me five minutes.

P.S. Vous etes fille? Haha, pardon the rusty French, but I like your username.
    Oui, je suis une femme. haha!

Wow! Thanks for answering Did he ask you about your freelance work and how much you earn? The reason I'm asking is I've always felt this is the most troubling part of my profile. I feel that my freelance job is stable in that it's more like a home-based job with a lot of perks, but people hear "freelance" and say it's unstable! Plus even though I make way more than my friends, the amount I earn is not very much when compared to US standards, so they still might think I'd stay there illegally, which I don't plan to do at all.

But yeah, I'm very glad to find out there's a single freelancer here who got approved for a B1/B2 visa! I guess it also depends quite a lot on how one carries himself!

Quote Originally Posted by petitefille View Post
    Oui, je suis une femme. haha!

Wow! Thanks for answering Did he ask you about your freelance work and how much you earn? The reason I'm asking is I've always felt this is the most troubling part of my profile. I feel that my freelance job is stable in that it's more like a home-based job with a lot of perks, but people hear "freelance" and say it's unstable! Plus even though I make way more than my friends, the amount I earn is not very much when compared to US standards, so they still might think I'd stay there illegally, which I don't plan to do at all.

But yeah, I'm very glad to find out there's a single freelancer here who got approved for a B1/B2 visa! I guess it also depends quite a lot on how one carries himself!
    No problem! Feel free to send me a PM if you have other questions.

Anyway, he asked me, "What do you do?" and I answered "I'm a freelance..." which he followed up with "What company?" but took it back. He then asked "How much do you make?" and I answered with a range. Lastly, he asked "How many projects do you handle at a time?" and I said "One or two."

Nice to see more PExers getting US visas. Others should take advantage as they've made it easier for us compared with years ago. My friend just got her 10 year multiple visa as well. She just said that she wants to visit Lakewood church and see Joel Osteen in person. The consul didn't bother to look at any of her documents and approved her right away.

Just be honest. And make sure that your DS-160 form is well-answered and presented.

when i read a previous post by a pexer here, naalala ko na naapprove siya sa consul tapos dumating yung passport na walang visa. To be sure,

(1) track your application at ceac.state.gov, using your confirmation number (from ds-160). Mine was "administrative processing" for one day, then changed to "issued" the following day.
    (2) then, you also track your passport at ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-passportretrieve.asp, and if it shows "passport has been received from the consular section, and is currently being processed for delivery..."
    (3) visit supplychain.2go.com.ph/customersupport/etrace/index.asp and enter either your passport number, mnl number (i'm not sure how to get this, or uid (the barcode for appointment confirmation, and this was the one that worked for me). Don't expect for a text message from 2go, i didn't get any.
    salamat po!!

Page 342 of 490 First ... 242 292 332 341 342 343 352 392 442 ... Last