napaghahalata ang bobo.. hahahaha no. 1 attacker kasi nabibigyan lagi ng bola.?
Join now and get a chance to win advanced screening tickets to The Hangover 3!read more
Alaska beat Ginebra 104-80 in game 3, sweeping the series and bagging the Commissioner's Cup title.read more
Summer seems to be ending, but the feeling doesn't have to end. Check out this list for awesome road-trip getaways!read more
The NU Lady Bulldogs outlast the AdU Lady Falcons in 4 sets, taking their first trip to the Shakey's V-league finals.read more
Guess the theme! Have you seen Twilight, Sister Act and these other movies? Share your thoughts and reviews in here!read more
napaghahalata ang bobo.. hahahaha no. 1 attacker kasi nabibigyan lagi ng bola.?
kung laging binigbigyan ng bola, siguro halos pantay lang sila ni maru, kung bawat attack ni maika score agad mas mataas ang attack percentage niya.
sa dlsu, well distributed ang bola, pero mataas din ang percentage ni marano dahil spike/attempts ang pagkuha ng percentage.
isang set kay marano almost sure point agad.
as per FIVB to determine the top attacker it should be
calculated by the number of points minus the number of faults divided by the total number of attempts.
Spikes: Number of scoring attacks.
Faults: Number of attacking errors. The opponent scores directly.
Total Attempts: The total number of attacks.
^^ Jusko! Dapat ng gawing crime sa forum world ang mga opinyon na walang sapat na basehan. Porke na-3sets na team na sinusuportahan at 5pts lang ang na-contribute, di na agad magaling against "magagaling" na teams??? Ganun???
Kung ganyan pala ang logic na pag binibigyan palagi, for sure magna-number one, bakit di best attacker si Maru? Si Fille? At si Aiza last year? Haha. Magaling na nga yung team mo. Walang kumu-kwestiyon. Kahit ako bow sa spiking prowess ng team mo. Pero para ba ma-i-angat mo ang team mo eh kailangan hanapan ng kasiraan ang "magagaling" na players ng ibang team??? Mag-isip isip mga teh! Wag banat ng banat ng di pinag-iisipan.
May isang fan kasi na nagsabi sa Gen. Volleyball Thread na mas magaling si Ortiz kay Abi.
kaya tuloy kina Crab pababa si Ortiz.
na threaten ata... inyo na ang pinakamagaling.
vs. ADMU (3 sets) - 10 pts (8 from attacks)
vs. AdU (5 sets) - 10 pts (8 from attacks)
vs. FEU (4 sets) - 12 pts (10 from attacks)
vs. DLSU super strong the best team ever in the history of UAAP (5 sets) - 18 pts (14 from attacks)
vs. ADMU (4 sets) - 12 pts (11 from attacks)
vs. FEU (3 sets) - 15 pts (13 from attacks)
vs. DLSU (3 sets - ito na, ang ikinaliligaya mong match dahil sa 5 point production ni Maika hahaha) - 5 pts (5 from attacks)
Abi Marano's scores against the top 5 teams (sinama ko na ang team namin dito kahit alam kong hindi malakas para sa iyo):
vs. AdU (4 sets) - 17 pts (15 from attacks)
vs. ADMU (4 sets) - 18 pts (16 from attacks)
vs. FEU (5 sets) - 21 pts (17 from attacks)
vs. UST (5 sets) - 18 pts (12 from attacks)
vs. AdU (3 sets) - 11 pts (11 from attacks)
vs. FEU (3 sets) - 9 pts (7 from attacks)
vs. UST (3 sets) - 7 pts (6 from attacks)
O ayan baks, ano ang sinasabi mo na sa mga madadaling teams lang umaarangkada si Maika?
Abi averages 3.22 spikes per set against the top 5 teams while Maika averages 2.56. That's just .66 spikes per set difference, while ang lamang ni Maika kay Abi as of February 5 sa spiking department is 3.27%.
If all these Math is still too much for you, I'll make it simpler: wag kang hangal. The best spikers stat sheet is as simple as it can get. Maika has been the top spiker for 3 out of her 4 playing years already (assuming she tops this year by the end of eliminations). I know it's too much to ask from someone like you who is obviously blinded by bias, but try to be objective in your posts sometimes. Hindi lang sa DLSU nanggagaling ang magagaling na players; minsan meron din naman sa iba kahit papaano.
Tama ka Benggadora, dapat talaga gawin nang krimen ang pagpost sa cyberworld ng walang basehan at purong kat@ng@han lang.
Last edited by ashes_2_ashes; Feb 6, 2012 at 08:41 AM.
If mananalo si Ortiz ng Best Attacker award, i think deserving naman siya. Syempre as an Abi fan, mas gusto ko sana si Abi pero at the end of the day the stats will decide. Kahit sino kay Abi or Maika deserving o kahit sino sa Top Ten, yun nga lang after ng elims isa lang ang mangigibabaw. Kung hindi si Abi yun or any of the Lady Spikers, ok lang kasi lahat ng mga players na ito nagpapakapagod magtraining para magimprove ang skills nila and maachieve yung ultimate goal nila whether to win an individual award or magchampion
Let us not be blinded by our biases. Matuto tayong mag-appreciate ng ibang players (hindi lang ng sinusuportahang team natin) kung talagang maganda naman ang pinapakita nila. "Respeto sa kalaban", laging sinasabi yan ni Coach Ramil.
Isang post lang po yan, sana hindi isipin ng iba na mayabang ang mga DLSU fans or ang Lady Spikers.
Naaawa na ako kay Cai Nepumuceno. parang siya na lang gumagawa. siya na alng yung may drive to win.
Positives for the Tigresses
1. Serving -- they were able to minimize their serving errors. Maru and Rhea went for percentage. So did Maika and Juday. Mela had a service error but I thought she served pretty well throughout the game. Maru made sure that her serves went in, opting to do a high floater or a long ball when needed. Rhea was even more intelligent and varied her services which earned her a few service aces.
2. Better blocking -- the team's still not there but they're getting there. UST has always been a blocking team. But they're seriously wanting in this department this season. At least, the desire to make the net defense tighter was there in this game. Caballejo had some blocks; so did the others. But this is still not enough against the likes of La Salle and Ateneo.
3. Balanced distribution of sets -- in the first and second sets, it was evident that Ortiz was the main go-to-girl. But somehow, Rhea also made very good sets to Caballejo as well as Tunay in the 3rd. I thought Caballejo is fast adapting to her role as a utility. What's positive about this I think is her ability to set the ball very well when Rhea got the first ball.
4. Positive vibe from the rookies -- In the 1st set, Tunay committed nervous errors: one from attack and one from service. But she helped in the blocking department; Reyes contributed a few points in the second set although I think her spikes are still tentative when in fact she could reach the ball and has the ability to spike it really hard. De Leon was a joy to watch. She's quite skinny but she serves really hard. And what about that quick hit. Haha!
5. Better coverage -- Unlike their faulty defense during the game against La Salle, they covered the blocks very well. And UST was able to counter-attack because of this. The libero -- not yet in the league of Lazaro and Agno -- can also be counted on. She's skinny though.
6. Listening to the instructions of the coach -- They executed what Coach Mamon ordered them to do after the time-outs.
1. Slow start -- The girls have a tendency to commit errors at the start of the game. This is our perennial comment -- "para silang diesel; ang tagal bago mag-init." Against Adamson, they can't affordo to do this. UST often wins when they have a better start.
2. Tendency to relax -- They had lapses in the 2nd set. They have a tendency to be lackadaisical in their follow-through when they're on top. I think the problem here is their perceived lack of "cheerleader" inside the court. Rhea would just laugh off the errors that they committed. But this seldom happened when the team had Tabaquero who's very vocal inside the court. Maru should take the cudgels for the team -- she's the one that has the ability to keep her teammates in focus; sadly, she also loses focus during the most crucial moments of the game, making unnecessary service and spiking errors. But credit to her, she was very focused from start to finish of this game.
3. Still polishing the championship edge -- With five defeats and another crucial game looming, UST still has the tendency to blow hot or cold. This problem with consistency has cost the team at least two crucial games -- against La Salle and FEU. Again, the key here is the resident cheerleader. If it's not Rhea then it should be Maru. Someone has to keep the championship focus while inside the court.
So are the girls ready to face Adamson? I'll give the team a 70-30 chance to defeat Adamson, provided they keep this edge and momentum they got from this game. But we cannot count Adamson out. Pineda is on a roll while Vasquez is literally on a roll. UST should stick to their offensive pattern: make sure that the ball doesn't go through the blockers; if it does, Caballejo and Morado will ensure that the ball is re-set for counter-attack.
Dimaculangan will be key in this crucial game.
sayang si abi kung tumangkad lang rp team na, unless gawin siyang libero. 5'7 lang kasi siya..pero si ortiz pede na talaga siyang middle ng rp team. 5'10 eh
congrats, ust! tuluy-tuloy lang.
sana nahimasmasan na 'yung hater sa math na pinresenta ni ashes.
Honestly, that was an exciting match against NU last Sunday. Although both teams came out a really bit sluggish at the start, UST showed their tendency to settle to the level of their opponent's game. I've been following UST games and all I can say is that they picked up the bad habit of playing on and off that it leaves everyone else scratching their heads. Could they sustain consistency until the finals if ever? From hereon the suspense is building up. I'm no expert in volleyball to dish out an expertly comment on the blow by blow account of the game but coach Odjie is doing good so far as shown by the close rapport we see amongst the team. And wow Maika is the POG again! No wonder this charming girl is gaining fans by the day. Expect more photo ops for you but please no more clowning with Pam ok? Congrats UST Tigresses ang baliboltim ng bayan. Go Rhea! Go to the rest of the team! Go nice hair! Go USTe!