PEx Highlights

Show Me Your BIG Teeths!

Your favorite showbiz girls are back for a new season! Their entree for this episode: Daniel Matsunaga and PBB.

read more

FEATURE: 2014 PBA Draft Grades

Did your team get the right pick? JPM dissects and grades each team's performance in the 2014 PBA Draft.

read more

MOVIE REVIEW: Talk Back and You're Dead

It may not the type of movie that can explain the deeper meaning of life, but it's the movie that can melt your heart.

read more

FEATURE: UAAP Courtside Reporters

Take a break from on-court action and get to know more about your favorite UAAP CSRs!

read more

PROMO: If I Stay

Join the If I Stay promo and win advance screening tickets!

read more

PHOTOS: FEU Tamaraws Claim Top Seed

Mike Tolomia's late-game heroics helped FEU get sole possession of the number 1 seed, after a 74-70 victory over La Salle.

read more

What are the non quota courses in CSB?

The title says it all. And is IHM a quota course? Please answer me. I really want to go to this school.

There's also ONE BENILDE! j5bata's Avatar
    I don't think the school actually put a quota on their most in-demand degree programs (that's where second and third choices are for). You just have to know which of the courses offered is more akin to what you want to do.

There are no quota courses in CSB. Of course there are courses which are much more in demand than others, but there's no such thing as quotas in our school.

Quote Originally Posted by j5bata View Post
    I don't think the school actually put a quota on their most in-demand degree programs (that's where second and third choices are for). You just have to know which of the courses offered is more akin to what you want to do.

Thank you! I really want the IHM course. I just don't want to be pressured if I may be able to get accepted to that course or not..

Quote Originally Posted by ohnananina View Post
    There are no quota courses in CSB. Of course there are courses which are much more in demand than others, but there's no such thing as quotas in our school.
    Is that so? Okay. Let me put it this way. Is IHM and in demand course? Also the BSBA BM? Those are my 1st and second choice kasi eh.

1. Not at the meantime since IHM is still a relaitvely new course in Benilde.

2. MMA and HRIM are CSB's most popular choices of courses among applicants. You'd find it easy to get into BM with less competition compared to the two aforementioned.
    Last edited by j5bata; Jan 23, 2012 at 12:36 AM.

Is Human Resources Management a popular course program in DLS-CSB? =)

Quote Originally Posted by iamMICODELEON View Post
    Is Human Resources Management a popular course program in DLS-CSB? =)
    Not really

1. Not at the meantime since IHM is still a relaitvely new course in Benilde.

2. MMA and HRIM are CSB's most popular choices of courses among applicants. You'd find it easy to get into BM with less competition compared to the two aforementioned.
    Thank you! So you mean, MMA and HRIM are the "quote- like" courses of CSB? And it's not that easy to get in to this courses? And what can you say about IHM and BM? Thanks.

Well, sort off. The student population is booming with practically half the student body taking up either of the two courses. With regards to your second question, I can't really say since I'm from MMA myself. Best people to ask about BM and IHm are those who are taking them now.

Gamer + College Prof ^^ GamerProf's Avatar
    Just to clarify... there are quota courses in CSB... especially that we're now approaching max capacity (classrooms, labs, etc.). The GDD course for example... we only accept 160 students - that's not even half of the total applicants for the course.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerProf View Post
    Just to clarify... there are quota courses in CSB... especially that we're now approaching max capacity (classrooms, labs, etc.). The GDD course for example... we only accept 160 students - that's not even half of the total applicants for the course.
    Oh, I see. Well I hope BM and IHM are not a very quota courses. Thank you.

Well, sort off. The student population is booming with practically half the student body taking up either of the two courses. With regards to your second question, I can't really say since I'm from MMA myself. Best people to ask about BM and IHm are those who are taking them now.
    Oh, okay I understand. But thanks for the info anyway

My friend told me that MMA is a quota course in CSB bec of the number of enrollees. That's why my bro hesitated to put it as his first choice naaahh

^Convince him otherwise. if feels he leans to that course more closely then he should have it as his first choice. You never know, baka matanggap pa siya sa huli.

Gamer + College Prof ^^ GamerProf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by metimets View Post
    My friend told me that MMA is a quota course in CSB bec of the number of enrollees. That's why my bro hesitated to put it as his first choice naaahh
    I agree with j5bata. If that's the course that he wants and really see himself shining in... then tell him to go for it. In the application form he can still indicate a 2nd and 3rd choice. Who knows he might just get in.