PEx Highlights

What's Wrong With the Green Archers?

After being penned the favorites of UAAP Season 77, the DLSU Green Archers are off to a slow opening in the season, now at 0-2.

read more

Top Celebrity Loveteams!

Check out which loveteams dropped and which ones came out on top this week!

read more

PHOTOS: Ferrer Leads UST Past FEU

Kevin Ferrer nailed crucial triples in the game's final minutes to help the UST Growling Tigers escape the FEU Tamaraws 69-67.

read more

PHOTOS: ADMU Edges DLSU

Kiefer Ravena played like a man possessed in the 4th quarter to lead the ADMU Blue Eagles past the DLSU Green Archers 97-86.

read more

#NoLastHomeStand After All

Filipino basketball fans let down by PLDT All-Star Charity Event, labeled as, 'Gilas Last Home Stand' after last-minute cancellations.

read more

PHOTOS: PLDT Repulses NU

The PLDT Turbo Boosters pulled away with a tough 25-16, 25-23, 24-26, 25-19 victory over the gritty NU Lady Bulldogs.

read more

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    naalala ko tuloy, minsan nagperform kami sa UP fair. umulan yata that day so ang putik sa sunken garden. di kami pinapasok sa isang entrance because we didn't have tickets so doon daw kami sa bandang back stage, kasi doon daw entrance ng performers. so habang naglalakad kami, yung ibang mga performers na mga taga-UP, reklamo ng reklamo na naka-costume na raw sila and they shouldn't be made to walk in the mud (na parang di aware na sa sunken ang show, hindi sa CCP main theater). para lang kabugin sila, sabi ko, "eew! padaanin nyo kami. atenista kami!" hahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by neinsager View Post
    naalala ko tuloy, minsan nagperform kami sa UP fair. umulan yata that day so ang putik sa sunken garden. di kami pinapasok sa isang entrance because we didn't have tickets so doon daw kami sa bandang back stage, kasi doon daw entrance ng performers. so habang naglalakad kami, yung ibang mga performers na mga taga-UP, reklamo ng reklamo na naka-costume na raw sila and they shouldn't be made to walk in the mud (na parang di aware na sa sunken ang show, hindi sa CCP main theater). para lang kabugin sila, sabi ko, "eew! padaanin nyo kami. atenista kami!" hahaha!

this comment was uncalled for.

okay pre eh! maayos na eh. eh bumanat ka ng ganito. this just proves that some people like you still have this elitist attitude. you're no better than the other. sana tumahimik ka na lang.

Atenista pero employee?

I thought most Atenista graduates either pursue post graduate studies abroad or put up his/her own business or take over dad's and mums businesses?

Quote Originally Posted by pexer26 View Post
    this comment was uncalled for.

okay pre eh! maayos na eh. eh bumanat ka ng ganito. this just proves that some people like you still have this elitist attitude. you're no better than the other. sana tumahimik ka na lang.
    elitist ka dyan, haha. di naman ganun context nun. i was making fun of their kaartehan by sounding even more ridiculously maarte.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent_210 View Post
    Atenista pero employee?

I thought most Atenista graduates either pursue post graduate studies abroad or put up his/her own business or take over dad's and mums businesses?
    Not just an employee, but the employee who photocopies and runs errands. Ateneo Gofer.

Atenista pero employee?

Meron din talagang walang exposure sa business kasi wala namang family business. President lang kasi ng bank yung dad. So basically umaagos lang papasok at palabas ang pera. Hirap non kung biglang matepok yung dad, magiging puro palabas ang pera.

Quote Originally Posted by xerox_machine81 View Post
    I was having dinner with my boss and her husband (all three of us Ateneans) when we talked about the difference with how Gloria and Noynoy sees life.
    wow! both of you three are ateneans.

seriously if i have it my way, ill put my kids to arneow but it involves some serious money. so sa tabi tabi na lang muna anak.

Your Personal Jesus F-A Soldier's Avatar
    Sh!t I know someone who went to Yale for undergrad and med school in Harvard, you'd never hear him say what school he attended.

teka basahin ko muna mamaya saka ko ilipat sa mas tamang forum. busy much. impeachment eh.

imho...I think you can say the same thing for those who are from lasalle, up, ust etc.

At school people have this certain level of expectation and most of these are influenced by your environment, the people you're with. and when you go out of the real world...you have the option of clinging to your pre- conceived beliefs...or let go and adjust to the real world. That is called growing up and whatever school you're from, it would be hard to survive alone without growing up.

ano ba yang ate ni yo?

We are actually up to our b@lls here with Ateneans, pero wala namang ganyang stereotype. They're actually pretty quiet about it. Mas maingay pa nga yung mga schoolmates ko eh hehe. Anyway, it's probably because we're older and knows wherever school you came from matters squat if you can't do jack sheet.

Atenista pero employee?

haha misconception, or stereotype yan. madami dami din kaming nag NGO, bumaba at lumusong din sa putikan. meron din like everyone else na napudpod ang sapatos kaka distribute ng CV at mag apply.

Quote Originally Posted by rendaku View Post
    Meron din talagang walang exposure sa business kasi wala namang family business. President lang kasi ng bank yung dad. So basically umaagos lang papasok at palabas ang pera. Hirap non kung biglang matepok yung dad, magiging puro palabas ang pera.
    Have you heard about life insurance plans?

Disconnected from Reality jonslaught's Avatar
    I think it's not just about the Atenean at all, I also took notice of the points wherein graduating just for a diploma will not guarantee instant success; diligence and enthusiasm for the work we have right now will determine how we will fare towards success.

^^Wow! Do they offer inexhaustible lump sum benefit now?

Atenista pero employee?

How old are you?

Quote Originally Posted by xerox_machine81 View Post
    What Ateneans Do Wrong After Graduating

I was having dinner with my boss and her husband (all three of us Ateneans) when we talked about the difference with how Gloria and Noynoy sees life. Gloria being the realistic one and Noynoy being the usual, ideal Atenean. Then her husband started narrating about how only few Ateneans become successful in life at the age of 40, with his roster of friends as a perfect example. People at the age of 40 who still donít own a car and cannot even settle down for once. Or worst, they just realized the right thing to do to become successful but it was too late already. And here are the things we talked about over dinner, and his advice to fresh graduate Ateneans like me. And this made sense, I am telling you. THIS WILL BE MY DIRECTION IN LIFE.

1. Having our heads up ďon the hillĒ a.k.a too much self-esteem/ Atenean pride

The first thing that I realized when I worked is wherever you work, you can never use your school as your ticket to success. It can be an advantage for you at first, but if you only use the school name as your claim to fame, then youíre doomed. He said that the flaw of his Atenean employees (he has 120 employees all over the Philippines, btw) is that they NEVER would want to report to someone who came from a school which they think is too low for their standards. They believe that theyíre smarter than their boss, who for example came from AMA or STI. But ofcourse, thereís a reason why that person became the boss. And thatís one thing you donít have thatís why youíre the employee. Ateneans always assume that because they graduated from a good school, they should always get the jobs that would fit their high standards. And I have noticed this with my friends who always wonder why I stick to my job even though I only photocopy and print most of the time, and do errands. ARteneans always expect job to be convenient. But all things always start from scratch, and you start at the dirt bottom of it all. And if I had to photocopy, then Iíd do it, because itís part of my job. And this is what we lack, this right attitude called HUMILITY.

2. We have the right education, but not the right attitude: Humility

He told me about how he learned humility the hard way. He used to have the Atenean attitude of being so mayabang, complaining too much (I used to do this, and ALL of my working friends complain a lot, and compare bosses too). And this is one thing we should get rid of. Because for one, employers would prefer hiring people who would do EVERYTHING, even though itís not part of your job description, because it only shows that you are a very good asset to the company. You are bringing so much to the table that the boss will give you more opportunities to excel because youíre willing. If you had to commute to faraway places, buy flowers in the afternoon, buy this and go to the office on Saturday, or even deliver things yourself because of the lack of manpower, YOU SHOULD DO IT. Because it only shows how determined you are to keep your job. Stop computing if your salary would compensate for the difficult things that youíd do. You should be so good that you can replace your boss. You are so good that he/she needs you so much to function. Why would they hire someone who does not make things happen? Who will just let the situation pass and wouldnít move mountains to give the boss decent answers or suggestions?

3. The Employer Thinking vs. The Employee Thinking: Thinking LIKE A BOSS

To be the best worker, you should think as the EMPLOYER. How? You should always be wary of all the things your boss needs, prefers, etc. Will my boss like this attitude? What will my boss think if I say this? or that? Will this be good for the company? What else does he/she needs for the next day? What else should I do so that he wouldnít worry? You should be good in assessing the things your boss likes and needs, because its also part of you becoming the boss someday. You are doing good in work and at the same time you are honing yourself to becoming the next boss by thinking like a boss, and not thinking like an employee. Over-think, over-analyze, be AHEAD of the game. If you keep on thinking like an employee, youíll be an employee FOREVER.

4. Having side goals - for GROWTH

The wrong attitude that people have is that they are so narrow-minded with opportunities. I could say that I am doing well on this part, because I am working now for my dream job. My bossí husband said, that while you have your work now, and EVEN IF ITíS NOT THE JOB YOU WANT, you should be good because it will prepare you for the work that youíll have to do once you have the job you want. Itís not necessary that you start with your dream job, like what I said, humility - accept the job even if itís not your dream job, and do good with it because it will be your first step in mastering the art of working. Itís also good that you have goals on the side and you are open to other opportunities because it will make you grow. It will inspire you to dream bigger and achieve that almost impossible goal. Save up for it if you really want it. If your dream is to become a dancer, even if you think it wonít sustain you for life, money will come to you if you keep on doing what you like and you have the right attitude. It may be a long road, but if you really want it, then youíll get it no matter the consequences.

5. Keeping the FAITH. Avoid short-cuts.

We Ateneans always want the SHORT-CUT. But the way to success, is always long and winding, and VERY HARD. For my boss, it took them more than 10 years to reap the good life. At first they said, you will feel afraid because you are clueless of what will happen in the future. Everybody will have that phase. But IF YOU WORK HARD, AND YOU HAVE THE RIGHT ATTITUDE, of course God would notice and give you the blessings you deserve. At the age of 40 most people ask, how come God never gave me the opportunity? God always gives us the opportunity, but we never found the right attitude that came with the opportunity. And this includes the long wait. Work hard and blessings will come ó TREMENDOUSLY, and youíll never know. Like what they said, they couldnít imagine that they have gone this far because it used to be, that all things were uncertain. But they kept on working hard. 10 years is a long way to go, but itís all worth it.

6. Having the right people around you ó BE SUPPORTIVE of your partner

Get a partner who wouldnít pull you down. If your partner needs to go home late to do over-time, you better support him/her. Itís for your future. Both of you needs to sustain each otherís passion for work because it will be the thing that you will bank on when you will have a family. Encourage your partner to do better even if work is really hard. If you trust that both of you will end up together, then quit arguing about not having enough time. If you clearly understand both of your goals, then you will inspire each other and compromise for that lost time instead of dwelling too much on how toxic work has become.

7. Being men and women for others ó THE RIGHT WAY

We Ateneans, are SO opinionated that we believe so much our opinion would change the course of the world. But the truth is, real life beyond the school grounds SUCKS BIG TIME. Itís so complicated, full of doubts, itís something you cannot describe but you have to experience it. We should stop talking too much ó pointing out faults of others, praising ourselves that we do the right things all the time when in fact we only blabber a lot. Being real men and women for others means you have to WORK FOR IT. For example, having a successful company would also mean getting more employees and providing opportunities. Itís not always about service and practicing humility by going to typhoon victims. Itís also about making others lives more bearable, more stable, giving them growth. And when you do this, you are not only changing someoneís life for a day by giving out cash donations, or being a volunteer, you are CHANGING THE COURSE OF THEIR LIVES AND THEIR FAMILIES. You ARE MAKING A LONG-TERM CHANGE that will alter the difficult situation of the people who deserve it.

I couldnít agree more on what we talked about and I want you to share this with other Ateneans. I hope I wouldnít be bashed for this post. You know naman some Ateneans love correcting grammar and seeing faults on the opinion of others. I just want others to be aware and make the right head-start. So letís take this by heart and make that successful future a reality!

-AMDG-

SOURCE: http://the-beautiful-fight.tumblr.co...ter-graduating

-------------------

Do you agree on this? Personally, I have a few Atenean friends/relatives and not all of them are like this. All I can say is everyone should take note of this and not just the Ateneans.

Sorry to differ bro because I'm an Atenean and I can't relate to the things mentioned above. Baka naman the guy Atenean who wrote this had a self-realization and generalized everything and blamed Ateneo for whatever happened to him. I have my Ateneo friends...some talaga mayabang, and I know ALL schools have people like them, but the majority are really ok. Di naman mataas tingin sa sarili unless may magyabang sa kanila, option na nilang patulan o hindi. If there's one thing I'm totally proud of in my life that I acquired, it's my Ateneo education. Whatever you do with it after graduation is YOUR decision, based on your true being and upbringing in the family. Do another self-analysis bro. Baka di o natanggap yung memo na ang talagang may problema ay ikaw at di yung eskwelahan. Just my opinion on this matter....

Quote Originally Posted by ubermensch View Post
    ^ I think so too. Some Ateneans think highly of themselves just because they're Ateneans. Also, some people think too highly of Ateneans just because they're Ateneans.
    This I believe is a generalization, especially in our college level, where applications are open to people "already molded" in being by the schools they came from, nahahaluan talaga ng "bad apples" in terms of character ang school. This I know applies in other schools as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon_Heart View Post
    Sana walang school bashing na mangyari dito.

On topic:

Too much generalization.

While some of what the writer said is true, I would like to point out that not all Ateneans have attitudes like what was stated in item #1 and #2.

I'm from ADMU myself but I never thought that I was better than the graduates of other schools.

My boss is from one of the schools mentioned above and I can say that he is waaay better than me.

Yung school pride na yan kahit saang school meron niyan, hindi lang sa ADMU.
    I agree with you bro!

Quote Originally Posted by MaccieForever View Post
    I have a friend from HR who interviewed an Atenean. His asking salary was way too high because he said he is from Ateneo and he has too much self-esteem. They are inclined to hire him but he is too proud and cocky about his being Atenean...

Fact is: I started in a bank, I am from a public university but me and my Atenean and Lasallian batchmates received the same starting salary
    I don't think it has anything to do with him really being an Atenean. I think he was brought up that way and that he has that personality of being mayabang even before he entered Ateneo. Lahat naman ng schools may mga estudyanteng mayayabang eh.

Quote Originally Posted by chupamae View Post
    Ngayon alam ko na bakit mas prefered ng mga chinese ang lasalle.
    You honestly think that DLSU doesn't have the same "rotten apples"? Preferred nila ang La Salle dahil malapit sila nakatira sa LSGH.

Quote Originally Posted by chupamae View Post
    Ngayon alam ko na bakit mas prefered ng mga chinese ang lasalle.
    i'm not sure about that... i graduated from a chinese school, and i was one of a few non chinese students in our batch, and for our class alone, more than half went to ateneo, not meaning to bash dlsu (i do have high respects for some la salle graduates), but those who went to the green side were those who wasn't able to get into katipunan (either up or ateneo)... i can name only a few who chose dlsu over ateneo, and primarily it's because of the proximity to their homes...

but of course, a sample of 40 students in a total fil-chi population of, uh, i'm really not sure... i'm just talking about my experience here...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast