PEx Highlights

Watch 'The Legend Ends' Trailer!

Check out the trailer of the final instalment of the Rurouni Kenshin series, 'The Legend Ends.'

read more

MOVIE REVIEW: The Giver

Very promising, but tries too hard to fit in the mold of the Hunger Games/Divergent series.

read more

Calling All Travel Bloggers!

Wanna get featured in PEx-Travel? Share with us your travel blogs and have your entries promoted around PinoyExchange!

read more

PHOTOS: UE Keep Final Four Dream Alive

Despite not fielding in Roi Sumang, the UE Red Warriors managed to get a 64-55 win over the NU Bulldogs.

read more

FIBA FEATURE: Do We Stand a Chance?

Do we really have a shot to make it through? JPM weighs in on the the odds of Gilas Pilipinas in the FIBA World Cup.

read more

PHOTOS: Daquis Bags V-League MVP Plum

Wonder who won the other awards? Check out the Shakey's V-League Awarding gallery here!

read more

Best of 2011 PExers' Best New TV Shows of the Year

PEXERS CHOICE
    Best of 2011
    PExers' Best New TV Shows of the Year

What were the interesting new TV shows that caught the PEx community's attention. Check out this list of the popular TV shows of 2011.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr3FXTioTIo
    2 Broke Girls
    This now-popular sitcom chronicles the lives of two waitresses in their early twenties—Max, who comes from a poor working-class family, and Caroline, who was born rich but is now disgraced and penniless, together at a Brooklyn restaurant. This series caught the PEx community's interest and was popular in discussions.

Here’s some of what the PEx community has been saying:
    “one of the funniest sitcoms. it is funny and enjoyable to watch. the leads are hilarious. and there is chemistry between Dennings and Behr. This show has a potential.”
    Marianpatricia

“I watched the pilot and I think it's pretty good. It's not just some random stories in each episodes because the show has a target, they have to raise some cash for capital. And the punchlines are somehow funny and the acting is a'ight. I'll follow this series along with the other shows I am following.”
    bitemebiiitch

“I liked the pilot. I also like the chemistry between the two leads. The girl who plays Max, I swear I've seen her before...Hmmm. Caroline's not the typical dumb blonde and I kinda like it. Plus, the supporting cast adds up with the over-all humor.”
    j5bata

View this Discussion
    2 Broke Girls Thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wqd-eSC_O7U
    The Voice
    "The Voice" is a vocal competition series modeled after Holland's top-rated vocal talent discovery show, "The Voice of Holland." Hosted by Carson Daly, the show features four musician coaches: Christina Aguilera, Cee Lo Green, Adam Levine and Blake Shelton, who will coach only the most talented vocalists. The show became popular in the PEx community because of its innovative format features three stages of competition: the first begins with the blind audition, then the competition enters into a battle phase, and finally, the live performance.

“An innovative concept that searches for the best recording artist solely on the voice.”
    Starczamora

“different ang concept nya sa ibang singing shows sa america. great mentors.”
    Cilantro

"galing ng auditions! and there's a "scotty" in the show!!!! ang gagaling ng mga naga-auditions. galing ng concept, kakaiba! kudos THE VOICE!"
    mjazjill

View this Discussion
    The Voice Thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ixEWrTLiZg
    Game Of Thrones
    This created a buzz in the PEx community during 2011. A story of seven noble families fight for control of the mythical land of Westeros. Highly-anticipated since its early stages of development, Game of Thrones was very well received by viewers and critics. The series was picked up for a second season, two days after its premiere. Game of Thrones was nominated for 13 categories at the 63rd Primetime Emmy Awards.

“Yes!! I'm so stoked about this! I've been wanting to see this book series turned into a movie like LOTR or at least a tv series.. finally!”
    Michievouz

“This is turning to be my favorite na this year! Galing, pati cinematography talaga parang movie ang dating.”
    FatFingerz

“It's f*cking awesome. I'll name my direwolf Injustice if this doesn't make the cut. lol”
    mykel14

View this Discussion
    Game of Thrones Thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1v0uFms68U
    The Walking Dead
    The Walking Dead is an American post-apocalyptic horror television series that became popular within the PEx community. It tells the story of a small group of survivors living in the aftermath of a zombie outbreak. This spawned a long discussion between fans within the community.

“We are talking about zombie with a little bit of soap drama! hahaha!”
    jaypogi

"Super na enjoy ko ang star movies marathon ng season 1 kagabi, napaka intense pala ng season 1 compared sa season 2. Breathtaking yung mga scenes, love it."
    jazzmine22

"Zombies = Awesome. That is a fact."
    st.anger

View this Discussion
    The Walking Dead Thread

View other Lists
    1. PExers' Biggest Movies of the Year
    2. PExers' Best New TV Shows of the Year
    3. PExers' Recommended Must-Visit Places outside Philippines
    4. PExers' Places with the Great Accommodations
    5. PExers' Restaurants with the Best Dining Experience
    6. PExers' Gadgets they can't Live Without
    7. PExers' Choice, Most Popular Sports Icon
    8. PExers' Hottie Female Celebrity of the Year
    9. PExers' Hottie Male Celebrity of the Year
    10. PExers' Choice, Best Artist of the Year
    11. PExers' Choice, Person of the Year

Return to PEXers Choice 2011

Hindi nakapasok manok ko

But I agree with the list though, the thread of those 4 shows are very active here at PEx

Wohoo! 2 Broke Girls for the WIN! Its pacing is fast and not dull, lines are hilarious, and the characters are not your typical sitcom cliches. Very very refreshing indeed.

Why no love for Spartacus Awesome series IMHO.

Too bad the lead past away.

Anyways, I'm pulling for The Walking Dead.

^ I think the show will be honored posthumously.

THE WALKING DEAD.

shuck-face piece of klunk mykel14's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorPain View Post

Spartacus: Blood and Sand is awesome. Probably the best new TV show of 2010.

Would've nominated TWD or 2BG if it weren't for GoT.

sayang naman wala ang New Girl. oh well, 2BG is there and my comment is there.

Yay for 2 Broke Girls! too bad New Girl didn't make it.

Game of thrones, stuff of epicness!

Oh, I've just noticed that my comment on 2BG is right up there. Yey me?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorPain View Post

Anyways, I'm pulling for The Walking Dead.

It's PExer's New Shows of 2011.

That's a good list! I for one couldn't pick any. PExers know what's up!

yaa for 2BG and TWD, sayang di nakapasok ang iba sa mga favorite shows ko.

We'll have more PExers Choice polls throughout the year, watch out for them. Please do participate so your faves will make it to the top list.

so kelan kami boboto?

OT:
    - asan yung ibang nominations ng Pinoy and others (love team, word of the year, errr i forgot the others na)

Quote Originally Posted by marianpatricia View Post
    so kelan kami boboto?

OT:
    - asan yung ibang nominations ng Pinoy and others (love team, word of the year, errr i forgot the others na)
    'Yun nga eh. I was waiting for that too.