PEx Highlights

The Unique Heroes of Marvel's Guardians

Know more about Peter Quill, Gamora, Drax, Groot and Rocket.

read more

Prepare to Go Into the Storm

From New Line Cinema, in association with Village Roadshow Pictures, comes the tornado disaster film Into the Storm.

read more

PHOTOS: DLSU Completes Comeback Win vs UE

Prince Rivero came up big in the clutch, scoring two crucial baskets to help DLSU complete comeback bid over UE, 60-58

read more

PHOTOS: Army Survives Ateneo Scare

Army wins against Ateneo despite blowing off a two-set lead, 25-22, 25-13, 28-30, 20-25, 16-14.

read more

Tolomia: FEU Needs to Work on Defense

Mike Tolomia says his squad still needs to improve their defense if they want to contend this season.

read more

Review: Hercules

Bordering on ridiculous, Dwayne Johnson delivers and Hercules is a fun and entertaining ride.

read more

Globe APN Settings for HTC Desire S?

i am on globe prepaid, wi-fi works fine. but if i connect to globe nothing happens. contacted globe and gave me the following settings but still does not work;

APN Name: Myglobe Internet
    APN: http.globe.com.ph
    Proxy: not set
    Username: not set
    Password: not set
    Server: not set
    MMSC: not set
    Port: not set
    MCC: 515
    Authentication type: not set
    APN type: internet

for MMS,
    Name: Myglobe MMS
    APN: mms.globe.com.ph
    Username: not set
    Password: not set
    Server: not set
    MMSC: http://192.40.100.22:10021/mmsc
    MMS Proxy: 192.40.100.20
    MMS Port: 8080
    MCC:515
    MNC: 02
    Authentication type: not set
    APN type: mms

followed also soft reset - removing the battery while the unit is on and putting it back after 30 seconds.

for those who have this model and on globe prepaid i would appreciate it if you could share your APN settings. thanks...

^ Check your sim. If your sim is old you could go to Globe and buy a new sim ( please mention that you intend to use it for 3g mobile internet and calls and text ). Not sure if they still offer this but before I think they can copy your number from your old sim to your new sim.

I don't know why, but in my experience it is easier for the Desire S to connect to Smart or even Sun than with Globe. For Globe, you have better luck when you use a Samsung Android Phone ( mabilis ) or the iPhone.

Ibahin mo yung Network Mode mo, gawin mong WCDMA Only

@riverhorse, yes i tried using my Smart sim and it works right away, no need for a soft reset. i'l take your advice and inquire for a new sim at globe, hopefully before the new year.

@ust_25 - yes i had tried setting it to wcdma but still won't connect.

hope there's a workaround.

try mo tawagan yung globe, sabihin mo i-activate yung INET, tell them na you're going to use your sim sa usb modem

^when you say usb modem are you referring to tattoo or smart bro? and once it is activated, will it affect my normal SMS?

yes po, yun ang sabihin mo kasi minsan kahit sabihin mo na di gumagana sa phone mo ang sasabihin lang nila di supported yung phone mo and may mali sa settings,

di naman po maapektuhan yung sms mo

Problem Solved....

went to Globe business center at Glorietta last weekend. After checking on my unit, they say all settings are correct so it could be the phone. I asked them to check on my sim card and found that i am still using the 34k sim so they prepared a new 64k sim free of charge.

After installing the new sim, i am able to access the web using Globe.

Quote Originally Posted by sneaky41 View Post
    Problem Solved....

went to Globe business center at Glorietta last weekend. After checking on my unit, they say all settings are correct so it could be the phone. I asked them to check on my sim card and found that i am still using the 34k sim so they prepared a new 64k sim free of charge.

After installing the new sim, i am able to access the web using Globe.
    I'm having the same problem. Prepaid user here. Globe Center can't find ways to activate my 3G. 64k sim user here.

^ Same solution, please request for a new sim from globe. There was a time when they could easily copy the number of a prepaid sim to another prepaid sim. Not sure if they still offer the same service nowadays.

Yung luma kong prepaid 64k sim from Globe hindi nakakaconnect sa 3G network nila, samantalang yung postpaid Globe sim ko mabilis makaconnect sa 3G nila. Malamang kasi luma na yung prepaid sim ko. Bihira nga lang ako gumamit ng 3g, prefering to use Wifi instead.

^yes they copied my number.

i was told to use my old sim and to install the new sim once i lost signal after around 30 mins. it was done free of charge.

^

Hi clarification lang, what do you exactly mean by "copying the number? Example yung existing number ko na 0927******* pwede pa ding maretain sa new 64k sim thru them?

^ in my case, my old sim was a 32k. they programmed a new 64K sim and with the same old number.

maybe they'll give you the same number, tho i am not really sure.