Please suggest a nice and decent place.
Thank you in advance.
Join now and get a chance to win advanced screening tickets to The Hangover 3!read more
Summer seems to be ending, but the feeling doesn't have to end. Check out this list for awesome road-trip getaways!read more
Twelve of the best brains across Asia compete to be hired in the ultimate job interview in The Apprentice Asiaread more
The NU Lady Bulldogs outlast the AdU Lady Falcons in 4 sets, taking their first trip to the Shakey's V-league finals.read more
Guess the theme! Have you seen Twilight, Sister Act and these other movies? Share your thoughts and reviews in here!read more
Please suggest a nice and decent place.
Thank you in advance.
I DON'T go very far pag "gumigimik" mag-isa. i hang-out at a figaro that's a few steps away with either a book or my laptop. or pag gusto ko uminom before sa capone's pero mas madalas na sa conway's.
ako dahil medyo banal pa ako (oops kapal hahaha)....simbahan pa rin tapos punta national bookstore para magbasa ng libro ng nakabukas na lang....kain sa mga resto/inom minsan...
I'm kind of a loner, sometimes I prefer to do some things on my own, not that I don't have friends (I'm very friendly lol), or even when I had a boyfriend. Anyway, eto madalas kong gimik:
1. Food trip mag-isa. I'll try a new place, be it fastfood or a more upscale resto, kakain ako mag-isa. Kebs sa lahat ng naka-titig sa akin as they watch me try to finish my meal good for a family of three.
2. Powerbooks to read. I sit there and spend a good hour or two immersed in a good book, usually books that help me in my line of work. Okay, minsan nagbabasa din ako doon ng 'Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus' and 'Why Men Marry B!tches', pero pag yun ang binabasa ko pumepwesto ako sa isang sulok kung saan walang makakakita sa akin.
3. Grocery. I go round and round the store, buying junkfood and some toiletries that I know I won't really need. I try to calculate the total in my head before I get to the counter but since I'm not very good with Math, I end up overspending. Whatevs, the grocery is my happy place.
TS, kung medyo may sayad ka (tulad ko), you might want to consider my suggestions.
Buti naman may sumagot at mga favorite pexers ko pa yung sumagot.
Minsan to kill time, nagpupunta ako sa mga boutiques tumitingin-tingin. Hindi ako bumibili agad. Pag gusto ko talaga binabalikan ko na lang. Ayaw ko nang maging impulsive buyer.
When I still live in Angeles City, I go out alone at night, madami din tambayan dun. I like hanging out sa Margarita Station lang just to drink a glass of Margarita and observe people.
medyo vague yun term na "gimmick."
but i did these too ... if "gimmick" simply means activities to kill time.
so can TS clarify if your "mag-gimmick magisa" is another term for a solo flight gig?
-i'm a loner and not even by choice. i'm supladahin kaya i only have a "few" friends that i can really count on when it comes to "malling or simply going out".
-So most of the time if it's about spending time alone & still enjoy my time being alone "outside", i either spend it in
(megamall/ shang-rila or sm makati). I enjoy window shopping there. kapag eating "alone" sa megamall na kasi marami choices or i go to a certain bldg. sa ortigas na alam ko maayos ang cafeteria. (my dad's office actually)
-Yung almon marina sa megamall & kenny rogers. Di nakaka-ilang kumain mag-isa dun. Actually choosy ako sa "tatambayan/ kakainan" na di ako maiilang.
-Fastfood -jollibee or kfc(megamall), tokyo2x sa (shang-rila).
optional yung wendys (minsan marami tao eh)
- gusto ko rin sa mini-stop or 7-eleven/ dunkin' donuts for "quick lunch".
-At sobra sarap mag window shopping sa megamall. Maraming shops na pwede i-check.
- window shopping is the best... i check different style of outfits tapos babalikan ko- kapag may natipuhan talaga ako. mas maganda kung weekday at oras na tipong wala masyadong shoppers. mostly nga ng nakikita kong buyers - housewives na medyo may edad na mukhang may "kaya" basing from their outfits. I'm unemployed so i can spend hours in the dept. store. anytime!!!!
- sa grocery feeling ko nakakakita lang ako ng mga bagay na di ko talaga kailangan bilhin. (vain pa naman ako)
at feeling ko -ginugutom agad ako sa cookies/chocolates/pagkain na nakikita ko, iwas ako sa grocery- hindi siya therapeutic sa kin. nanghihinayang ako sa pera kapag nakakabili ako ng di naman kailangan.
-coffee shops, i NEVER spend my time ALONE in a coffee shop. Kahit type ko yung ambiance --lalo na pag kaunti lang yung tao. Simply because i am "kuripot". i like spending coffee time w/ friends or family. na nililibre ako, or bonding time.
-PERO TO KILL TIME TALAGA, YUNG TIPONG PARA DI NA AKO GUMASTOS NG MALAKI... I SPEND IT IN NETOPIA.
@gotta_lick_it, I think so too.
Simple lang sa akin. I read a book, a novel, some broadsheets and magazines in a coffee shop. Yes, all four. If the lappy's with me, I read articles, news, journals online. Then eat, sleep and unload everything that I've read.
Mas tahimik sa figaro. I like it there. Lalo na yung grilled eggplant sandwich.
TS, pag gusto ko uminom magisa, I buy drinks sa ministop tapos sa bahay ako iinom, sa tapat ng computer tapos mangaalaska ako dito sa pex.
Mcdo - inom lang ng hot chocolate pag gabi.
Mall - maliit lang naman ang Robinsons and SM dito sa lugar namin kaya I got to check almost all magagandang boutiques and fit what I think is bagay sa aking dress pero di ko bibilhin - kuripot lang.
Moviehouse - Rob Imus is my favorite place to watch movies. Di masyadong maraming tao. Nakakaidlip pa ako minsan.
This I want to try alone --> akyatin ang Mt. Batulao. Sana magawa ko before this year ends.
Kung night life naman and you are alone, where do you usually hang out?
Medyo takot pa ako gumimik dito unlike sa province medyo kabisado ko na kung saan ako pwede tumambay nang hindi mababastos or mapagkakamalang pick up girl. I don't dress up naman na mukhang pick up girl.
Haha.. Miss Invi, alam ko na ngayon ang ginagawa mo kapag bored ka
hindi ako mahilig gumimik pero kung alone moments sa bahay lang ako..
There's nothing like staying at home for real comfort
or minsan nagsisimba or sa adoration chapel lang.
minsan naman sa spa (body massage, mani/ped) footspa)
Gimmicking alone has its benefits.
Easier to meet girls that way.
1. I often go to the bookstores and the coffeeshops.
2. greenbelt mall and coffee shops around that zone.
3. serendra (of course it has the nicest bookstore as well)
4. metrowalk. You never know who you will meet. Free parking pa.
5. Casino. Interesting environment.
6. hotel lobbies. (they often have pretty staff)
7. malls in general.
8. major commute routes. (mrt/lrt buses) Nice place to sight see if you are appreciative by nature.
10. parks and sports complexes.
11. Ciommercial gyms.
Just make sure you bring stuff that you can do alone so you can kill time there.
2. work and/or hobbies
2. adriatico (early working years)
3. annapolis live (early working years)
4. warehouse 135
3. blue wave
4. tomas morato
5. the fort
you just have to choose the bar or club which looks full so that you would not stick out like a sore thumb and just go with the flow.
p.s. your right, it is really more difficult for a lady going out for a gig at night without sending the wrong message. normally, i try to miggle with a group of girls rather with anothe single girl.
Kahit anong bars basta me live band or good music na malapit sa area ko..
1. Cuba Libre
2. Padis Point at Crossing
3. Watering Hole at Shang
I don't go clubbing alone, but I dine/shop/watch movies/browse books by myself oftentimes.
for my "me" time, i jog/walk around boni high street.