PEx Highlights

PHOTOS: La Salle Extends Series vs FEU

Jeron Teng and the DLSU Green Archers had no problems defeating the FEU Tamaraws on Saturday, 94-73.

read more

UP StatSoc Goes Infinite!

Come and join UP StatSoc in celebrating their 33rd Anniversary on September 22 to 27!

read more

REVIEW: Rurouni Kenshin: The Legend Ends

The Legend Ends is a totally epic conclusion to a heroic tale.

read more

An FEU-NU Matchup in the UAAP Finals?

Well, you guys were calling for an FEU-NU matchup and we wrote about it! Check out our article about a potential Tamaraws-Bulldogs matchup in the UAAP Finals.

read more

Top TV Shows!

Find out the top 5 TV shows in the Showbiz forums here!

read more

PROMO: Gone Girl

Join the promo and get a chance to win advance screening tickets to Gone Girl!

read more

Page 1 of 12 1 2 11 ... LastLast
    Banned by Admin

Possible recruits for UAAP Season 75 women's volleyball

the venue to discuss the possible recruits for UAAP Season 75 women's volleyball.

Arlene bringas of feu replacing maica morada

Maria Asuncion Mendiola of San Antonio de Padua College
    Toni Rose Basas of Eastern Visayas, sister of Basas(FEU)

-Feu bound already

Akala ko nakuha na ng dlsu si mendiola

May mga nagssabi na nakuha na din daw siya ng NU, tapos La Salle.. Pero nakita na siya na nagprapractice together with the tams..

diba si toni rose kasma na ni m. basas last season? umayaw lang?

si Anna Laire Basas yun, older sister ata ni Marie Tonie Basas. youngest nila si Toni Rose Basas.

gretch soltones - probably the best recruit for next year, was last year's palaro best scorer and possibly mvp had cebu won the championship in palarong pambansa, explosive a and b quicks,good blocking,plays quicker or center spiker, stands 5'9

a kid from perpetual-cavite is i heard being wooed by 7 uaap teams (only UP is not recruiting her) and 5 ncaa teams, tagged as the best hs open spiker after alyssa valdez and rose vargas..her name is i believe synonymous to a famous feu player who was from cavite as well..but i cant remember the name and last name

gizelle tan, 3-peat best setter in palarong pambansa, mvp ibn 2011 palaro,possible replacement of jamenea ferrer in ateneo, it's no-brainer that she is ADMU-bound

mendiola kid is a 6'4 behemoth, a greg slaughter type of player, more on quicks and good blocking..

UE is recruiting 2 african players, a sister of their african basketball player who stands 6'2 and has heavy spiking and the friend of that who stands 5'10

FEU and UST are wooing aiko uraos from pangasinan, possible replacement for mhica morada, was the best blocker in palaro

UST is trying to get marge tejada, stands 5'9, has VERY GOOD blocking, good hitting, plays middle and utility

ADMU is trying to get get au enriquez, the 5'10 from davao who was v-league girls' best blocker

FEU is trying to get sheena quino from cebu, a good outstide hitter

DLSU, FEU and NU are trying to get bernadette pons from USLS...

6'4?!
    wow ala lauren ford!
    ang tatangkad na ng mga bata ngayon!
    sana sa ADMU siya mapunta!
    hahaha

anong height ni g.tan?
    kasing galing ba siya ni jem?

sana naman kumuha na si coach dulce n matatangkad na players..baka mapagiwanan na adamson sa sistema nya..

baka sa susunod na era ng vball, pagalingan na ng foreign recruits ang magiging labanan

Quote Originally Posted by iphone-addict View Post
    sana naman kumuha na si coach dulce n matatangkad na players..baka mapagiwanan na adamson sa sistema nya..
    kahit 7 ft. man makuha nila kung ibabangko rin.. wala ring silbi..

ADU gising! Bigyan ng pagkakataong maglaro ang ibang bata!

wag naman sanang matulad ang volleyball sa basketball na may mga foreigners kasi nawawalan ng playing time ang mga pilipinang athletes eh,. kaya lang unti-unti ng nagagaya ang volleyball sa bulok na sistema ng basketball na perahan ang pag-recruit kaya malamang magkakaroon rin ng foreign players ang vb,.

i'm a UAAP fan
    ^ nahh I actually welcome the coming of the foreign players kasi we learn from them and at the same time it increases the level of play sa volleyball. in short we the fans/spectators are the real winners coz we see much more exciting games.

There are rules naman lalo na sa UAAP when it comes to foreign players so I don't think it will really be detrimental to the local players. Likewise yung mga local players they just can't rest on their laurels. Mas na enhance ang pagiging competitive nila lalo na kung alam nilang may foreign players.

Lahat naman ng UAAP schools me foreigners... we have a couple of international schools in the country, IS, Euro School, Brent, kahit nga Korean and Singapore schools we have. If a foreigner deserves a spot in the team so be it. Why be so racist? tsk tsk tsk. What if tayo namang mga pinoy ang bigyan ng scholarship abroad wouldn't we grab it. Put yourselves in the shoes of a foreign player para di ganyan ang mindset niyo.

We do have lots of catching up to do lalo na sa volleyball... napagiiwanan na tayo even by Southeast Asian standards not Asian ha SE lang yan. Ayaw niyo ba talaga mag improve and Philippine volleyball? masyado ma pride at bilib sa sarili talaga pinoy hehehe kaya di tayo umaasenso eh :P peace out

i'm a UAAP fan
    for the players na nirerecruit... i'm hoping they select the right school for them... wag nila isipin ang playing time masyado. emphasis should be put more on what type of education they get. na notice ko lang kasi as a whole karamihan ng mga rookies ang initial course sa college ang babantot... then pa shift shift lang to whatever course they fancy
    nawawalan tuloy ng prestige ang pagigiging STUDENT-ATHLETE parang nauuna na ngayon ang ATHLETE.

most of them if I'm not mistaken take a trip to the school to train with the team pero seldom na they take a tour of the school and sit-in sa mga classes. I think they should do this yung observe how the school/prof teaches the subjects and the school environment just you know for them to get a feel of what college life is supposed to be.

tandaan nila ala pang commercial league ang volleyball so yeah they should give more emphasis on studying. mas malayo mararating nila if may diploma silang maipagmamalaki.

katuwaan lang:
    at dahil diyan bebenta ko na ang UP kong mahal hehehe la kaming perang pang recruit but we can sure guarantee you with the UP diploma in your hands you can go places. self-serving pala spiel ko hahaha.

Seriously, I wish the recruits really choose the right schools... para secure naman ang kabuhayan nila and for them to have a better future.

iba na talaga ang recruitment sa volleyball ngayon.... Schools should have a lot of resources to attract "blue chips"...

dapat talaga coaches ang itrain ng maigi... para maging magaling na mentor... gusto kasi nila yung ready for battle agad... hindi yung marami pang ieenhance...

just my 2 cents..

Quote Originally Posted by iannski View Post
    iba na talaga ang recruitment sa volleyball ngayon.... Schools should have a lot of resources to attract "blue chips"...

dapat talaga coaches ang itrain ng maigi... para maging magaling na mentor... gusto kasi nila yung ready for battle agad... hindi yung marami pang ieenhance...

just my 2 cents..
    true enough :-)

saka swerte din na puro sa non-UAAP HS ang mga narerecruit kaya pwede agad lamgaro sa UAAP

mendiola that you're referring to is macy mendiola.... i think she was recruited already by NU... if I'm not mistaken---- she will play together with Jaja Santiago.....

Jorelle Singh who plays for NU in high school level will be playing next year in the collegiate level....

i think of all the team, DLSU is a good training ground pero ang dami na nilang recruits to the point yung iba mababangko *** or mag team b or even quit... look at joanne siy, and possibly cyd demecillo or even denice tan.

as for joane siy? why did she quit the team? is this possible because she is just finishing her course in DLSU and about to transfer NU to play in the upcoming season? since tri-sem naman sila matatapos niya ang course niya in 3 years i guess and since she's no longer in the line up ibig sabihin nun is once she transfers to NU she can play right away..... hope my logic serves me right....

Page 1 of 12 1 2 11 ... LastLast